New Corporate Sponsor: Best Buy

Not to sound negative, but they didn't fly charter to NYC?

They had to get over to Teterboro Airport which not far from the George Washigton Bdg going into NJ on I80. Kind of hard to get to from downtown Brooklyn.

I maybe mistaken but I kind of recall Best Buy always being on the advertising displayed under the scorers table at the Chaifetz. I guess with the way Best Buy been performing as of late they had to pull out.

Yes. But last I heard charter flights don't pick you up at the arena...

I must have misread, because it said they were going to be late for their flight. Now I know Charters file flight plans, but it just sounded as though they were missing a scheduled commercial flight.

I maybe mistaken but I kind of recall Best Buy always being on the advertising displayed under the scorers table at the Chaifetz. I guess with the way Best Buy been performing as of late they had to pull out.

Tarheel,

You are correct. Best Buy already was a corporate sponsor. I think they still have ads inside Chaifetz. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the team picking their store to watch the selection show. I would assume it is just a coincidence.

Somewhere in one of those articles it said they were flying charter out of Teterboro. The original plan was to watch the selection show at the terminal, but they got caught in traffic through Manhattan. Thus they stopped at a New Jersey Best Buy.

Which begs the question, why don't these guys have sling boxes? Dammit Biondi.

I must have misread, because it said they were going to be late for their flight. Now I know Charters file flight plans, but it just sounded as though they were missing a scheduled commercial flight.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-learns-its-ncaa-fate-at-a-best-buy-store/article_c6e17535-d4b9-510f-98b6-33366fd3e842.html

"Slowed by traffic on their bus ride to Teterboro Airport in New Jersey, where a chartered plane was waiting to fly them home, the team wasn’t going to be able to watch the announcement at the terminal before taking off. So they pulled off the road and went to a Best Buy in Secaucus, N.J., where they went into a room used to show off high-end home theater systems, sat down on couches and on the floor, and watched on two 60-inch TVs with top quality sound."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-learns-its-ncaa-fate-at-a-best-buy-store/article_c6e17535-d4b9-510f-98b6-33366fd3e842.html

"Slowed by traffic on their bus ride to Teterboro Airport in New Jersey, where a chartered plane was waiting to fly them home, the team wasnt going to be able to watch the announcement at the terminal before taking off. So they pulled off the road and went to a Best Buy in Secaucus, N.J., where they went into a room used to show off high-end home theater systems, sat down on couches and on the floor, and watched on two 60-inch TVs with top quality sound."

They probably ended up watching on better quality TVs than available at an airport, and couches to boot, lol.

Best Buy's PR department should milk this for all it's worth in advertising. Talk about good, free publicity for a struggling chain.

Best Buy is doing fine... their stock prices have been going up and they have no real competitors in the industry. Take it from an employee.

And yes, best buy has ads on the press row table and on the ads above the doors to each section.

Tarheel,

You are correct. Best Buy already was a corporate sponsor. I think they still have ads inside Chaifetz. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the team picking their store to watch the selection show. I would assume it is just a coincidence.

The store is right after you exit the Holland Tunnel on the way to the airport.

THAT IS FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

I love how everyone erupts at hearing and seeing their name, without paying any attention to the details. Femi, to the left, is the first one to actually look at it like, who are we playing and where are we? The other guys take a good half minute to start thinking about that. Just the thrill of being announced gets them cheering. Pretty interesting.

+1

I love how everyone erupts at hearing and seeing their name, without paying any attention to the details. Femi, to the left, is the first one to actually look at it like, who are we playing and where are we? The other guys take a good half minute to start thinking about that. Just the thrill of being announced gets them cheering. Pretty interesting.

I don't think DE took his eyes off the screen. In true DE fashion, he looked very business-like.