C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmerman just tweeted that SLU will likely be left out of the first wave but is well-positioned for the second wave. This makes the next several weeks very, very important. The tournament will provide the best opportunity ever to build the "Saint Louis" brand.

Seems like they could have waited till Monday to do it, right in the middle of the a-10 tournament seems unnecessary. Lets kick their ass tomorrow.

Definitely a questionable call to officially announce during the conference tourney.

Timmerman just tweeted that SLU will likely be left out of the first wave but is well-positioned for the second wave. This makes the next several weeks very, very important. The tournament will provide the best opportunity ever to build the "Saint Louis" brand.

Damn.. Looks like we have more speculation ahead of us. Months & months of this crap... Fuuuuock

It looks dickish because they are taking attention from the weekend tourney to put it on themselves. I hope we crush them again.

i highly doubt that is their intention. hard to blame a school for putting in their withdraw papers ASAP.

meh... i'm sure they turned in their withdraw papers as soon as the invite came through. it looks "dickish" to us because it's not us.

No, it's dickish. It's unfortunate because until now, I've considered them to be a very classy program. It's just unnecessary to announce today.

I don't doubt what you're saying 72fan, but as I've stated what seems to be about a 100 times before, why freaking CU before us? Ok, they fill a big arena and they've had a couple of good years, but so have we. Plus, that arena didn't cost them $80mil. And they're like the 74th TV market in the country. We play in numero 21, and in a town with major league pro teams that Fox carries and can promote. Then you've got the geography thing. Can't wait until the Providence AD gets the travel bill for the men's baseball and women's softball team for the trip to Omaha. I have no idea what the politics involved here were, but CU over us makes no sense whatsoever. None. Nada. Zilch.

Since 2000 Saint Louis has been to the NCAA Tournament in 2000 and 2012. Saint Louis was invited to the NIT 2003 and 2004. Creighton meanwhile has been to the NCAA Tournament in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2013. Creighton was invited to the NIT in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2009. Starting this year and moving back to 2000 Creighton's RPI: 24, 24, 123, 115, 40, 46, 20, 39, 44, 77, 23, 44, 23. The Billikens RPI: 28, 31, 175, 87, 123, 137, 74, 181, 101, 64, 57, 111, 116.

If you look only at the record since 2000, Creighton has had more than "a couple of good years" and have consistantly been a top 50 RPI program.

No, it's dickish. It's unfortunate because until now, I've considered them to be a very classy program. It's just unnecessary to announce today.

weren't there reports of their fans spitting on ours during the Hinkle beat down? classy?

Since 2000 Saint Louis has been to the NCAA Tournament in 2000 and 2012. Saint Louis was invited to the NIT 2003 and 2004. Creighton meanwhile has been to the NCAA Tournament in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2013. Creighton was invited to the NIT in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2009. Starting this year and moving back to 2000 Creighton's RPI: 24, 24, 123, 115, 40, 46, 20, 39, 44, 77, 23, 44, 23. The Billikens RPI: 28, 31, 175, 87, 123, 137, 74, 181, 101, 64, 57, 111, 116.

If you look only at the record since 2000, Creighton has had more than "a couple of good years" and have consistantly been a top 50 RPI program.

Creighton had the luxury of playing in a crap filled conference... We played in the powerhouse Conference USA and very respectable A-10.

weren't there reports of their fans spitting on ours during the Hinkle beat down? classy?

I don't know, but there was a "report" that a SLU fan tried to trip a VCU? fan during a game this year, so I'd like to not hold the rumored actions of a few rogue fans against an entire program.

And my experience with Butler fans in Indy was nothing but positive.

I don't know, but there was a "report" that a SLU fan tried to trip a VCU? fan during a game this year, so I'd like to not hold the rumored actions of a few rogue fans against an entire program.

And my experience with Butler fans in Indy was nothing but positive.

good to hear you didnt get spit on!

ok.. so slu fans were spit on. pretty sure i have never seen that kind of behavior at a slu home game.

Uh, weren't you just defending Butler for announcing their departure from the A-10 during the A-10 tournament? Yet, now you are making a sweeping statement about their fans and how they are not classy due to a report about one spitting on a SLU fan?

*scratches head -- then realizes this is grunky*

Nevermind. Carry on.