Soderbergh on 101.1

SShoe

Yeah, I'd like to hear it. I saw the incident when it happened and I thought it rather bizarre at the time. And since I have to park 6 blocks from the arena, by the time I got to my car, I missed some of the postgame show. If they mentioned it, I missed that part.

Yeah, I'd like to hear it. I saw the incident when it happened and I thought it rather bizarre at the time. And since I have to park 6 blocks from the arena, by the time I got to my car, I missed some of the postgame show. If they mentioned it, I missed that part.

Six blocks? How the hell did you make it? Next time stay home.

Earlier that day Rammer said Sody was 17-6 and BT was his star more or less

Lindenwood is 16-7 and BT is averaging just 9.6 ppg and 5 rpg. Not terrible, but not very good stats for basically 5th year senior who was supposed to be a top 100 D-I recruit playing D-II. Alex Bazzell (former UMKC player who was with them when SLU played the Kangaroos and KM basically single-handedly beat them) is the leading scorer with 17 ppg. Looks like Sodie's top 4 scoreres (including BT and Bazzell) are all seniors, could be a big drop off next year unless Sodie can grab some more D-I players transferring down to D-II.

nick von osdale who is a top 5 metro area scorer and combo guard is going to lindenwood next year. he is a perfect D2 player and might have been a fringe D1 kid that could have possibly worked out, but likely just a little bit small for the D1 level. i think will be a star at lindenwood and likely starter from day one.

nick von osdale who is a top 5 metro area scorer and combo guard is going to lindenwood next year. he is a perfect D2 player and might have been a fringe D1 kid that could have possibly worked out, but likely just a little bit small for the D1 level. i think will be a star at lindenwood and likely starter from day one.

Another D. Polk?

Another D. Polk?

no nick is bigger and a much better shooter than polk and overall a better player than polk imo. polk was faster, but not by much. soderberg banked on polk's speed being his over the top attribute, but obviously not enough to make him a good player at the d1 level imo.

It's strange for Soderberg to be discussing SLU hoops since he was let go. However, it is good for him to get exsposure as a coach of a local program. Plus he is a class act and able to be objective. I hold no ill will towards him at all and wish him success.

FTFY.

(j/k, Roy. ;))

box, 5th in the st louis area in scoring and playing in the toughest conference south of chicago, doesnt matter if it is illinois or missouri he's a good player. if he had a little more muscle, he would be a D1 player, but he is slight.

btw, nicks first three games this season were versus missouri schools and he scored a combined 90 points against them all three schools have very good records currently, so he wasnt playing the dregs of missouri either. if he could have continued to play st louis schools he would probably be averaging near 40 a game. the metro east side has the quality players, st louis is the pretender. ;)

It's strange for Soderberg to be discussing SLU hoops since he was let go. However, it is good for him to get exsposure as a coach of a local program. Plus he is a class act and able to be objective. I hold no ill will towards him at all and wish him success.

completely agree.

btw, nicks first three games this season were versus missouri schools and he scored a combined 90 points against them all three schools have very good records currently, so he wasnt playing the dregs of missouri either. if he could have continued to play st louis schools he would probably be averaging near 40 a game. the metro east side has the quality players, st louis is the pretender. ;)

This is true. This year MO teams are wide open. No one has proven themselves as a top team. There at least 4 maybe 5 East side teams better than the best MO team.

Soderberg is also getting Marcus Hinton from Haz Central. He's a 6'7 wing. He could play low level D-1 and has the talent and frame to be a matchup nightmare at the D-2 level.

box, 5th in the st louis area in scoring and playing in the toughest conference south of chicago, doesnt matter if it is illinois or missouri he's a good player. if he had a little more muscle, he would be a D1 player, but he is slight.

That's for the boys. The Missouri girls teams are better than most Illinois teams except for Edwardsville. Incarnate word is head and shoulders above all teams in this area and the state, excluding Edwardsville. I would like to have seen them play Edwardsville. they both beat St. Joseph's handily. Incarnate did it twice. Area Illinois girls teams for the most part are down this year.

edwardsville girls beat in the sectional championship game last night by peoria richwoods. undefeated till last night and no one within 20 points of them until last night.

i tend to agree with you with the large schools. however, some of the smaller illinois girls schools are good this year. okawville made it to the elite 8. nashville, mater dei, and central all have excellent small school teams as well.