Serious question: Who do I write to ask the band to stop playing the Gator Chomp?

BillikenLaw

Regardless of who started it, or when, or how, the band has the power to end this madness by not playing Blasters from the Masters anymore.

You should probably start a petitiion this is a serious issue that must be dealt with.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chomp to whatever the fu(k they play

Wild Billikens are known for their ferocious chomping ability - dont you know anything?

OK, tried not to weigh in, but I have to. Yes, all of the songs listed above and in this thread are DIFFERENT songs. The chomp thing wasn't and would have NEVER have started with us. "Blasters" is not the "chomp" song, never was, never will be. The AD/student section (students possibly) came up with the "chomping" action for that song with their actions and associated video I see them play while we play it.

Furthermore, that song will NOT, I repeat, will NOT be out of our repertoire any time soon. "Why not?" you may ask. Because it is a "filler" song. Basically, if it's near the end of a full timeout, or a 30 second timeout, we need these "filler" songs to play. If we didn't have these songs, gameday staff would play "canned" music, and sorry, but we like our playing time. B)

It is what it is, like it or not. Sorry, but "Blasters" is a permanent resident in the playlist for the time being.

band is simply the best. there is none better. period end of story. being next to the band weighed heavily in my seat selection. they are all that and more.

my three favorite band songs,

3. takin it to the streets

2. sing sing sing

1. superstition

the triangle solo song fast moving up the list. i dont know the name of that song. what is it avtr?

band is simply the best. there is none better. period end of story. being next to the band weighed heavily in my seat selection. they are all that and more.

2. sing sing sing

1. superstition

the triangle solo song fast moving up the list. i dont know the name of that song. what is it avtr?

I believe that is "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars. Might I also add, watch the sax section during that song. If you're in the mood for a great laugh, they do almost a spot on replica dance from the music video. I'm right behind them when they do it, and I almost can't play because of how awesome/funny it looks. They did a great job from rehearsal season to now of getting the choreography down.

And thanks for the kind words. I, the Band, and I know especially Mike, are always grateful for all of the "Band Fans" out there. We give it our all for everyone, every game, and it will always be that way.

2. sing sing sing

1. superstition

Roy, your post made me realize that I don't know the names of almost any of the songs the band plays, from new ones they've picked up to the ones I've been hearing them play since I was a kid. I would have to hum the notes to refer to any song.

Not to take away from the Peppas (they are hella good!), but, if you read the "profile" that's linked from CBS Sports within the article, SLU Band has been doing the same thing, for 20+ years. Though we don't need a CBS Sports story to validate us. Just sayin'... B)

2. sing sing sing

1. superstition

Is this the song, Roy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviQQ03fq0I

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fviQQ03fq0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

haha Do you think we practice??

Now, now....ease up a little, not everyone is privy to the band's schedule. And granted, I'm sure Cowboy has thick skin, but some people might take a little objection to the tone of the response. In fairness, we do....rehearse (we don't say the "p"-word in our band) any new material before or after a game during basketball season.

Other than that, the only time we rehearse is when school begins in the Fall, then up to the first exhibition game of the season. (FYI)

And no, we have not had the idea/notion of playing those songs yet. They've been discussed before, but we currently do not have the music for those songs.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Deutschkind" data-cid="342812" data-time="1360886162"><p>

<br />

<br />

Is this the song, Roy?<br />

<br />

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviQQ03fq0I'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviQQ03fq0I</a><br />

<br />

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="<a href='http://www.youtube.com/embed/fviQQ03fq0I'>http://www.youtube.com/embed/fviQQ03fq0I</a>" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p></blockquote>

Now, now....ease up a little, not everyone is privy to the band's schedule. And granted, I'm sure Cowboy has thick skin, but some people might take a little objection to the tone of the response. In fairness, we do....rehearse (we don't say the "p"-word in our band) any new material before or after a game during basketball season.

Other than that, the only time we rehearse is when school begins in the Fall, then up to the first exhibition game of the season. (FYI)

And no, we have not had the idea/notion of playing those songs yet. They've been discussed before, but we currently do not have the music for those songs.

I just like joking about how we just go out and have fun. Which of course why it works so well! Also, I'm not sure if I've said this before on the board, but I am in the band too. Realize now that if you didn't know that it, the joke might not have come across as well.

I just like joking about how we just go out and have fun. Which of course why it works so well! Also, I'm not sure if I've said this before on the board, but I am in the band too. Realize now that if you didn't know that it, the joke might not have come across as well.

good point about the practicing haha def doesn't seem to matter (fellow bandie here) I think it would be cool if the band went out and played more outside of the arena. spread some billiken love

They may chomp to Jaws as well, but Blasters is what everyone is thinking about right now.

Don't tell me what song I'm thinking about right now. You have no clue.

Seriously who do I call about this guy?