Going to see Mike Crawford Friday

Fansince59

Couple friends and I are going to Tipton Ind to watch our signee Mike Crawford play. We went to Pinckneyville some years ago to see Brett Thompson of Vienna and wound up impressed with a guard fom PHS named Kyle Cassidy, who we never heard of but who dominated. Met his mom who was selling tournament sweatshirts at halftime. At that time SLU was not interested in her son. Things changed after that. I today called the AD at Tipton who told me Pizza Shack is The place to go before and after the game. One hotel otherwise stay in Kokomo. Love these little trips. Small town hoosier hysteria. Tipton is near Terhune, a real town whose high school was one of Hickory's opponents in Hoosiers. I will report Sunday. if anyone interested meet us at pizza shack at 530 ET. We will be drinking and wearing SLU garb. Heard Crawford coming on strong.

Couple friends and I are going to Tipton Ind to watch our signee Mike Crawford play. We went to Pinckneyville some years ago to see Brett Thompson of Vienna and wound up impressed with a guard fom PHS named Kyle Cassidy, who we never heard of but who dominated. Met his mom who was selling tournament sweatshirts at halftime. At that time SLU was not interested in her son. Things changed after that. I today called the AD at Tipton who told me Pizza Shack is The place to go before and after the game. One hotel otherwise stay in Kokomo. Love these little trips. Small town hoosier hysteria. Tipton is near Terhune, a real town whose high school was one of Hickory's opponents in Hoosiers. I will report Sunday. if anyone interested meet us at pizza shack at 530 ET. We will be drinking and wearing SLU garb. Heard Crawford coming on strong.

Sounds like a great time but I am in Maui so I will wait eagerly for your report - hope are impressed!

5957765937_914c9a5fbf_b.jpg

Sorry, Cassity. Looking forward to seeing MC play. Most of the reports I have read are positive, but after I read we beat out Yale and Stetson for his services, I am more curious than before. Someone told me Crawford is a candidate for Mr. Basketball in Indiana, he has come on that much. I am going to Tipton with an open mind and no preconceptions. I really don't know what to expect.

Sorry, Cassity. Looking forward to seeing MC play. Most of the reports I have read are positive, but after I read we beat out Yale and Stetson for his services, I am more curious than before. Someone told me Crawford is a candidate for Mr. Basketball in Indiana, he has come on that much. I am going to Tipton with an open mind and no preconceptions. I really don't know what to expect.

-cool, have a great time

Three point shot report. Quickness of release, catch and shoot ability, form, etc.

We took him from Yale and Stetson? That's not overly impressive other than he must be pretty smart to get into Yale. Stetson is not what I'd call the Harvard of Florida, but they do have some great looking coeds according to a friend of mine whose son went there. Pricey, however.

Does anyone know the recruiting history on this kid, ie did it start under RM? If so, it'll lessen my anxiety that he's a Brad type recruit. RM liked them smart serious student type kids with BB potential. Also, he kind of sounds like your stereotypical Butler recruit. Wonder why they weren't in on him? What I'm hoping for is that he's a DE under the radar type. I mean by that, not many folks were in on him prior to his SR year, but that's the year he blossomed.

http://indianarecruitingguide.com/prospect-rankings/class-of-2013/

Not sure how old that is, but they have Crawford listed 27th in the state. Most of those guys ahead of him are either committed to or being courted by BIG schools. I would bet that he passed most of them this year. I'm not worried that he hadn't been asked to prom yet when we got involved.

tumblr_mel0hdlqCi1rc5ckxo1_400.jpg=chylerleigh.jpg

http://indianarecruitingguide.com/prospect-rankings/class-of-2013/

Not sure how old that is, but they have Crawford listed 27th in the state. Most of those guys ahead of him are either committed to or being courted by BIG schools. I would bet that he passed most of them this year. I'm not worried that he hadn't been asked to prom yet when we got involved.

tumblr_mel0hdlqCi1rc5ckxo1_400.jpg=chylerleigh.jpg

Great "NATM" reference.

Just be the ball...and throw yourself! - Mr. T

Look forward to hearing your assessment after seeing him play.

Somebody who has watched Mike play often has said he will be a good player. We also need to remember that in a good program it is rare that a kid will come in and make an immediate impact especially when you are not recruiting MCD All-Americans.

If this kid is in the top 5-7 players by his junior year, then it was a good recruit.