Scheduling

BLIKNS

So now the Bills have a week until the next game,don`t know if the board can handle that. So, is it a good thing to have so long to prepare and focus on Charlotte? Or is it too much of a layoff?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tarheelbilliken" data-cid="342035" data-time="1360511412"><p>

We had a week off between Temple and Rhode Island.</p></blockquote>

Well, that's encouraging.

I don't like these "breaks". I think the kids lose focus and risk complacency especially after a bunch of tough road victories.

I think it's good after being on the road all week. Let the guys get some home cooking. As for focus, I think that RI game may have been the most important game of the year in hindsight. These guys have played hard. And they know if they play good D they can beat just about anyone. The thing that's been surprising to me is the inside play of DE, Glaze, and to some extent CR. However, a lot of our TO's yesterday came from trying too hard to get the ball inside. Sometimes you have to realize they're onto what you're doing and try a different tack.

We had a week off between Temple and Rhode Island.

Last year we were off for a week after we beat Fordham and then we lost to Rhode Island. For some reason, we just have not played well with a week off. Maybe playing a more quality opponent will help keep the focus.

This team knows they are chasing an A10 Title. We have more experience than last year, and we're also on a run that not many Billiken teams have ever been on. Just stay focused and the wins will keep coming.

If our players are really students, which I know they are, the week off gives them some time to focus on their academics without compromising on preparation, especially after spending most of last week on the east coast. I'm just glad they aren't stuck in a blizzard somewhere.

The RI game was simply our kids having their head up their ass. I have said this before but maybe the loss was a blessing - it made them and Crews realize that they can not take any night off and I think that is why they are playing well now. The other thing about the RI game and I said it before also, we were not playing well up to them - we were winning but not playing good defense and rebounding the 3 games prior. I agree with Band - a week off to get caught up does sound like a good idea. Now Crews has to simply keep them properly focused so they do not end up with their heads up their ass again.

I like the week off.

And I especially like that Charlotte is coming in after playing a road game at Butler on Wednesday. They certainly are not going to be preparing for us with a game with Butler earlier the same week. So the Bills have a week to prepare for Charlotte, Charlotte has two days with one being a travel day. Like our chances.

And then VCU has three games in five days (at home next Thursday and next Saturday, then a long trip to St. Louis for a game on the following Tuesday). I like how this stacks up for the Bills.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK for Billiken fansBrad Stevens - Saint Louis is "at a level nobody realizes. ... SLU could go to the Final Four and it wouldn't surprise me one bit."We will be focused for Charlotte, no doubt.

I guess he didn't get the memo that we were exposed last night.

I guess he didn't get the memo that we were exposed last night.

Was that a Mardi Gras thing...?

The good thing about this quote, assuming it is relatively widely read, is that the coaches in the pols read it before they vote. The bad thing about this quote is that anyone reads it. I like being looked over when it comes to upcoming games, but I guess those days are gone anyway. Let's hope it stays that way for a long, long time