Jim Crews Deserves Some Serious Appreciation

Corner3

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or UMSL.

As a SEMO grad I don't ofter get make fun of other universities.....

The funniest thing I ever saw at a Billikens game was the UMSL cheerleading crew at those couple preseason games they plyed against us. The largest of them had to have her mother make her uniform because I doubt they make cheerleading moo moos.

Who has time to go to SLU? It's just not possible for those us who spend countless hours posting about basketball. Lucky for us, there's this:

Okay, to get back to the topic, I do think that Jim Crews is in the process of deserving serious appreciation... when the season is over. The assessment can't occur in the middle of the season. Then, getting beyond that, should the Billikens complete a great run, like winning or sharing an Atlantic... 12+4 regular season championship and/or get to the Sweet 16 or beyond, then if Crews wants to continue as SLU's head coach, he ought to interview for it. There must be a national search and all of the factors pertaining to maintaining a successful program must be considered. If Crews is the best man for the job, then he should get it, but it shouldn't just be handed to him because of what he's done with what he inherited from Coach Majerus.

Who cares how many posts i have... I graduated from SLU & attended more games than most students at the time.

My guess is that I have attended many more games than you have to this point and donated twice as much. Along with my wifes law school tuition that I paid might make me a bigger contributer than you will ever be. Correct? or do you have another shot you want to take at me?

Okay, to get back to the topic, I do think that Jim Crews is in the process of deserving serious appreciation... when the season is over. The assessment can't occur in the middle of the season. Then, getting beyond that, should the Billikens complete a great run, like winning or sharing an Atlantic... 12+4 regular season championship and/or get to the Sweet 16 or beyond, then if Crews wants to continue as SLU's head coach, he ought to interview for it. There must be a national search and all of the factors pertaining to maintaining a successful program must be considered. If Crews is the best man for the job, then he should get it, but it shouldn't just be handed to him because of what he's done with what he inherited from Coach Majerus.

Perfectly said and better way of saying exactly what I was attempting to get at. I just think some credit and gratitude needs to be thrown his way and not so much hate and dismissal.

My guess is that I have attended many more games than you have to this point and donated twice as much. Along with my wifes law school tuition that I paid might make me a bigger contributer than you will ever be. Correct? or do you have another shot you want to take at me?

You've got to be a troll. When you watch the Billikens do you notice that sometime opposing teams fans say not so nice things to them? Do you notice how they don't flop on the ground (other than Cody) and start whining about it?

Your wife is in law school? I'm guessing that she might be involved in a legal disagreement someday. Better start steeling yourself for that moment......

You've got to be a troll. When you watch the Billikens do you notice that sometime opposing teams fans say not so nice things to them? Do you notice how they don't flop on the ground (other than Cody) and start whining about it?

Your wife is in law school? I'm guessing that she might be involved in a legal disagreement someday. Better start steeling yourself for that moment......

Ok another pointless shot. What is your point? I am not from an opposing teams fanbase. I am a Billiken fan. I am all about discussion and disagreement. Apparently if you and I disagree, then I have to be a troll. Yes that makes sense. If someone takes a shot at me and I fire back and I am a new poster then I am a troll. Again that makes sense.

I simply started this thread because the negativity surrounding Billiken basketball gets exhausting. Just yesterday we are up 31 and the people sitting behind me are nonstop complaining about how the game was being played and officiated. One of these folks was rewarded with a ball for longevity earlier this year. When does it end?

At the very least new registrants should have to fax Steve their transcripts. I'm willing to let some of you non alums to be grandfathered in. There needs to be a limit though. Maybe a battle royals for 4 spots?

Damn I have no chance to get one of those spots, and to think I have been a member of this board 29% of my life. I guess im going to leave now

Oh and bad example. Wife graduated from SLU Law a couple years ago. She was bored when I moved my company headquarters to St. Louis and wanted something to do. She doesn't practice. She just wanted a law degree. SLU Law was easy for her to get in to.

Ok another pointless shot. What is your point? I am not from an opposing teams fanbase. I am a Billiken fan. I am all about discussion and disagreement. Apparently if you and I disagree, then I have to be a troll. Yes that makes sense. If someone takes a shot at me and I fire back and I am a new poster then I am a troll. Again that makes sense.

I simply started this thread because the negativity surrounding Billiken basketball gets exhausting. Just yesterday we are up 31 and the people sitting behind me are nonstop complaining about how the game was being played and officiated. One of these folks was rewarded with a ball for longevity earlier this year. When does it end?

Oh and bad example. Wife graduated from SLU Law a couple years ago. She was bored when I moved my company headquarters to St. Louis and wanted something to do. She doesn't practice. She just wanted a law degree.

No way you have a company to move unless you were driving the truck. Big boys don't cry. Troll on big feller......

No way you have a company to move unless you were driving the truck. Big boys don't cry. Troll on big feller......

No crying here little feller. Life is good. I don't have to insult others to feel good about myself. You are probably on cloud nine right now.

See I told you I would get mauled. All I am basically saying is that for all the Crews Badgering that has been done on here there has not been very much credit given to what I would consider one of the best band aid jobs done in the country this year.

Hey Bobby I am not on the attack just not fond of your posts. None are funny and rarely insightful. And remember you don't know me so please refrain from your attacks on me. You have no idea whether I am educated or not and have no idea what I have or have not done. Remember that before you make unsubstantiated comments. Thanks

And wow I just said I have been a Billiken fan for 6 years. Doesn't mean I dont know anything about college basketball. I moved here from Kansas City and had KU tickets for 20 years. I know how college basketball works.

A lot of you guys make it hard to be a billiken fan. That from an outsider that is trying to embrace your program and all I get is basically told I am an idiot for trying to point out a positive. I guess I can take my money and support to SIUE since you all seem to think that if there is not a huge splash hire it will be the same quality of basketball.

Something doesn't make sense here.

You have been on the board 2 days. Do you know any of these posters you are talking to? You are on a message board that is not affiliated with SLU conversing with random, anonymous people. Yet you are ready to make financial decisions involving thousands of dollars in tickets and support based on a few comments in a couple of days.

Something doesn't make sense.

You do realize there are 14 year olds on the board locked in their parents basement who post here. A possible middle schooler ( an anonymous one) insults you and you are ready to go to Edwardsville with your cash. Point of information here ....I am not belittling you 14 year olds out there. We like your opinions too. We are just not going to make real world decisons based on what you say.

Something doesn't make sense

In another post, you ask a board member...don't you care about where I spend my bucks and support. There are board members who are prisoners. Why do you think they have so much time to post. So if you are asking the possible inmate ...."does my money to the program mean something to you"....The answer is a resounding no. The point is why do you need validation from anonymous message board people on how much you give? You have brought up money a few times already. I am sure they are impressed at the Menard Correctional Facility. ...btw no offense to the prisoners either...oh wait ...there is an offense....nevermind.

something doesn't make sense here.

At this point there is only 1 thing left to do ....call a foul on you After reviewing the tapes (your 1st post) I am now calling an intentional foul. You state ..."I will probably get mauled for this". Whistle-- foul--intentional.

I will leave it up to the board to decide who will shoot the free throws.

Now that makes sense.

" I guess I can take my money and support to SIUE since you all seem to think that if there is not a huge splash hire it will be the same quality of basketball."- Corner 3

I just got off the phone with SIU-E AD, Dr. Brad Hewitt. I had previously copy/pasted and e-mailed all of Corner3's posts from this thread over to Brad, and he has had a chance to review them.

To summarize, Dr. B made it emphatically clear that "Corner3 and his fortune should STAY THE F#@! AWAY from SIU-E!!" (His words, not mine.)

In an attempt to be helpful, the good doctor did mention that he believes Fontbonne University has a spot available for a flaming douchebag in their booster club.