Lunch Today

Billboy1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to the season ticket holder's lunch today? If so could we get a report on any topics covered, e.g., Stanford game cancellation, any player or schedule updates, etc.

i can't make it today, i have to go stand in line and stare at the heidi's deli girl's **** for lunch. she has tattoos and fun hair and a s|ut face and wears low cut v-neck shirts and sometimes, when she runs out of an ingredient, she has to bend waaaaaay over to get some more of it.

i predict maji will simply say, "fellas, there's just nothing to say. we're going to run the table this year."

i can't make it today, i have to go stand in line and stare at the heidi's deli girl's **** for lunch. she has tattoos and fun hair and a s|ut face and wears low cut v-neck shirts and sometimes, when she runs out of an ingredient, she has to bend waaaaaay over to get some more of it.

i predict maji will simply say, "fellas, there's just nothing to say. we're going to run the table this year."

What, no body piercings? Tats w/o body jewelry is lame.

I guess my annual $150 Billiken Club donation doesn't buy me the kind of access that you fellas get.

What he said. How was this publicized? Was this stuck in with the free soccer tickets or something?

Well, at least my check for season tix finally cleared today and I no longer have to explain why we have $2K in our account but you can't use our debit card until next payday. B)

What he said. How was this publicized? Was this stuck in with the free soccer tickets or something?

Well, at least my check for season tix finally cleared today and I no longer have to explain why we have $2K in our account but you can't use our debit card until next payday. B)

I got a phone call from someone within the Athletic Department about a month ago asking if I would like to atttend a lunch. The dates were Aug 1st, 9th, 16th, or 23rd. Too bad I cant make any of them.

I was wondering when that check would clear, ouch...

I've had that issue in the past as well. Now I have it charged to my credit card (which gets me cash back) and then pay it off immediately. The charge went through just a few days after I mailed the invoice back.

Here is the info that we got at the lunch today. Much of it is was just chit-chat, but there were some interesting tidbits from May:

-The Stanford series cancellation came down to a couple of things. Stanford couldn't do a Saturday game and wanted to do it on a Sunday instead. At the same time, we had an offer from Valpo for a home and home. As the Stanford series wasn't actually signed, they decided to go with Valpo and start it at the 'Fetz. From an RPI standpoint, both teams were nearly identical last year. In the end, instead of staying on the West Coast a little longer to do the Stanford series, they decided to just go with an extra OOC home game this season and start a series with Valpo. Our only road games in the OOC schedule will be Washington and the pre-season tourney (which are technically 'neutral' games.)

-The department is going to put together something for the Kansas City games. More details will be known in September.

-May was confident that the next TV contract will be a whole lot better than the current one. We are in the last year of the current contract. His goal is to get every Billiken game televised.

-May reiterated an earlier statement from this summer in that Evans has gained 20 pounds of muscle. He pointed out that Manning has also put on a lot of muscle.

-Loe and Ellis apparently learned a lot this summer and played well with their national teams. May said that Loe is in the best shape he's ever been.

-Once we go back to 14 teams in 2013-14, we will play Butler, Dayton and Xavier twice a season. This should be permanent.

-May also pointed out that everyone is on track academically and we should have no issues on that front. He stated that the cumulative GPA of the student-athletes is 3.18.

-He was asked about Creighton and GMU as possible A10 members in the future. He said geography is the main issue for Creighton, while GMU is just not very high on the priority list. He said it is possible that UMass may leave sometime in the future as they are very agressive with their football program, but doesn't see anyone else leaving anytime soon.

I am sure that I am missing some things. I also might not be giving a full account of what I did list. Was anyone else from the board there? It was a small gathering, only about 12 guests.

I would think UMass will try and go big time FB and get in the Beast. UConn and UMass were fierce rivals back in the old Yankee conference days. Would be kind of foolish for them to drop out of the A-10 to play BB in a lesser conference just to play small time FB. .

Thanks for the report. And I guess was totally off base to suggest RM was worried about rankings w/ the Stanford deal. Mea Culpas. Although, I still think it wasn't a good scheduling move to face two PAC 12 teams on the road in the space of a few days.

Great stuff bizz. Thanks a lot. Are you sure May wasn't just covering up for Biondi on not wanting to spend the money for the extra nights on the west coast as some had said? I do feel bad for BAB and the other left coasters tho.

I like keeping home-and-homes with X, Butler and Dayton. Duquesne's rise from the ashes has suffered an enormous setback what with Everhardt's firing.

Great stuff, thanks for posting.

As Box says, Valpo will be an easy road trip next season. Should be about 5 1/2 hours from SLU, even with a little traffic. Is it reasonable to assume the first Valpo game will be that Saturday, 12/1, after the Washington game?

"His goal is to get every Billiken game televised." Music to my ears, even if I won't be local anymore. If this season is successful, it seems like good timing for the TV contract to come up.

It makes so much sense for us to have Butler, Xavier, and Dayton as the home-and-home series moving forward. Those teams would all be supportive of that, too. That's great to hear.

20 pounds of muscle?!

I simply don't agree with the decision to choose Valpo over Stanford, especially if the main reason was one extra day on the West Coast

1) Stanford is a name school that they will be able to market when trying to sell tickets next year.

2) From an RPI standpoint they may be the same, but the reality remains that people (committees, fans, etc.) respect wins over upper Pac-12 teams more than they do top Horizon league teams.

3) With only 3 games away from the Chaifetz, and only one outside of Missouri, this year's schedule lacks the tough road factor. Next year, we are already committed to playing SIUC, Valpo and SIUE on the road. Any BCS series that we try to start up will likely be on the road. Plus, the usual exempt tourney for 2-3 more games. So we are looking at 5-6 non-con road games next year vs. 3 this year. Why mess with balance of 4 on the road this year and 4-5 next year just because of one more day in Palo Alto?

Something still doesn't add up.

I simply don't agree with the decision to choose Valpo over Stanford, especially if the main reason was one extra day on the West Coast

1) Stanford is a name school that they will be able to market when trying to sell tickets next year.

2) From an RPI standpoint they may be the same, but the reality remains that people (committees, fans, etc.) respect wins over upper Pac-12 teams more than they do top Horizon league teams.

3) With only 3 games away from the Chaifetz, and only one outside of Missouri, this year's schedule lacks the tough road factor. Next year, we are already committed to playing SIUC, Valpo and SIUE on the road. Any BCS series that we try to start up will likely be on the road. Plus, the usual exempt tourney for 2-3 more games. So we are looking at 5-6 non-con road games next year vs. 3 this year. Why mess with balance of 4 on the road this year and 4-5 next year just because of one more day in Palo Alto?

We still might have a game or two to be announced. We'll find out in 2-3 weeks.

The Valpo game was already signed and the Stanford game was just in the planning phase. Unless you wanted us to pull a MoState and cancel a signed contract(which we all know how Rick felt about that) we really didnt have much of a choice

We still might have a game or two to be announced. We'll find out in 2-3 weeks.

From what May said today, we have scheduled all of our road games. We are getting more home games this season than normal. My thought is the only games we will see added are buy games, possibly another Rockhurst/UIS/D-II type of game.

From what May said today, we have scheduled all of our road games. We are getting more home games this season than normal. My thought is the only games we will see added are buy games, possibly another Rockhurst/UIS/D-II type of game.

Let's hope we don't play the Prarie Stars again as they kicked our a$$es for 35 minutes last year...