Kyle Cassity-cardinals

Youre shxxtin' me! Really?

mhg

I highly doubt Cassity got his MBA so he could be the 'backup bullpen catcher'. Pretty sure crymdg2 is joking here. :)

They didn't go into too much detail at the banquet, other than its his dream job. However, I've known a few young grads in the past who have gotten jobs with the Cards right out of school and it is typically in promotions and customer service. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is what Kyle is doing, at least initially.

Yes, definitely joking. Although, the bullpen catcher I hear is actually a pretty good gig. Make some nice money as the pitchers usually tip really well at the end of the year (this is serious btw.)

-there was a very attractive blonde that worked in the adept at SLU who went to work for the cards, she sometimes sings the national anthem at bball games, anyone remember her name?

-pics? ;)

Valerie Kotys

Yes, definitely joking. Although, the bullpen catcher I hear is actually a pretty good gig. Make some nice money as the pitchers usually tip really well at the end of the year (this is serious btw.)

Yeah, I graduated from high school with Josh, the guy who was the Cardinals' bat boy for what seemed like forever. With that, it was my understanding that they got paid a little more than minimum wage, but that the players and coaches tipped well at the end of the year, just as Crymdog posted. Pretty sure that he also got a share from when the Cardinals lost in the World Series in 2004. Can't remember if he was still with the team when they won in 2006.

It's the entry level ticket sales.. Very competitive to get into the position, but that is generally how you get into the organization these days because when other positions open up, they generally look to the DSR guys first..

I hear he is reluctant to actually sell the tickets, he hands them to someone else to complete the transaction.

Hey, he was a good player, an exemplary team player, ran the floor when called upon, possessed strong character, played good "D", contributed a LOT his soph and Jr yrs especially. He hustled 100% of the time. I always supported him when so many of you were all over him. My only criticism is he should have taken the open shot more often. So give me a break.

I wish him the best of luck, I expect he will rise within the organization and be a success in the business world.

It's the entry level ticket sales.. Very competitive to get into the position, but that is generally how you get into the organization these days because when other positions open up, they generally look to the DSR guys first..

Horsepoop ROAR, what do you know about athletic organizations and their inner workings?

actually had one of the cardinal batting practice pitchers speak at our rotary meeting this winter and as part of his presentation he showed us his last paystub for 2011. his gross ytd income was nearly $200k. included a nice world series bonus that likely wasnt the norm, but still, i'd take that job plus his ytd without the bonus was still not bad. the guy is a retired coach and basically a sports nut so getting to travel with the team and be a part of the experience and get paid for it (with benefits) is pretty sweet.

I hear he is reluctant to actually sell the tickets, he hands them to someone else to complete the transaction.

Hey, he was a good player, an exemplary team player, ran the floor when called upon, possessed strong character, played good "D", contributed a LOT his soph and Jr yrs especially. He hustled 100% of the time. I always supported him when so many of you were all over him. My only criticism is he should have taken the open shot more often. So give me a break.

I wish him the best of luck, I expect he will rise within the organization and be a success in the business world.

+1

And this is yet another advantage of playing for the hometown team. Chris Sloan started out booking hotel room for our Bills and now in the NBA with the Knicks (right?). Scott Highmark got a great job with one of the financial services companies (his grades and skills would have gotten such a job w/o basketball) but his local basketball helped and did get him into locally ybroadcasting college games - SLU, Mizzou, Valley games.Tatum and Claggett used their basketball days at SLU to help get into coaching. Ryan Leuchtefeld is also with a financial firm and is often on sports radio, in large part, due to his basketball days at SLU. The list goes on...

Wonder if the locals in Seattle/Tacoma do the same with Suggs and in Indianapolis do the same with Berry.

actually had one of the cardinal batting practice pitchers speak at our rotary meeting this winter and as part of his presentation he showed us his last paystub for 2011. his gross ytd income was nearly $200k. included a nice world series bonus that likely wasnt the norm, but still, i'd take that job plus his ytd without the bonus was still not bad. the guy is a retired coach and basically a sports nut so getting to travel with the team and be a part of the experience and get paid for it (with benefits) is pretty sweet.

PAYSTUBS?! What is this, the Salina rotary club?