No new women's bb coach

And why doesn't SLU advertise these positions on the NCAA website? Wouldn't their chances of getting someone better increase if they got the word out nationally, instead of just on their own internal website? Oh well, it's a women's team, so who cares? Certainly not SLU.....

And why doesn't SLU advertise these positions on the NCAA website? Wouldn't their chances of getting someone better increase if they got the word out nationally, instead of just on their own internal website? Oh well, it's a women's team, so who cares? Certainly not SLU.....

I don't think that's the problem. SLU most likely posts it on their website because they have to by law for at least 1 day. I'm pretty sure I saw postings for the mens basketball coach position when we hired Majerus, as well as the AD position when Chris May was hired.

Where SLU posts coaching jobs isn't the issue, especially with men's or women's basketball. If someone is interested in the head coaching job, they're going to find out about it.

I wonder if their human resource policies require posting of all postions internally to give everyone a chance before they are filled. Is it possible that this is just a formality and the real candidates are being and have been contacted directly by the AD? Doesn't a new coach usually have the right to bring in their own assistants? The school would not hire an assistant before the head coach is hired.

I wonder if their human resource policies require posting of all postions internally to give everyone a chance before they are filled. Is it possible that this is just a formality and the real candidates are being and have been contacted directly by the AD? Doesn't a new coach usually have the right to bring in their own assistants? The school would not hire an assistant before the head coach is hired.

I would think you have hit the nail on the head. This just meets some internal requirement and relieves the school of anyone claiming that they may have been denied an opportunity.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible the University has just decided to kill the program and no one has yet noticed? It is utterly shameful how poor this AD is on sports not called Men's Basketball. I think the Volleyball HC position was open for about six months and it took quite awhile to fill the WSoccer HC too. Why would you fire someone if you had no reasonably immediate plan to replace them. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldnt be able to field competitive teams in this conference in all sports.

something unexpected must have happened, as i was told by a very good source saturday at the SLU spring fling that the deal for women's HC was all but done and we would hear this week. well the week is over in about 8 hours.

The women's softball team was without a coach all summer 2 years ago. They named a coach like a few days, maybe a week, before school started - too late for anyone to consider transferring. That position was never advertised nationally, either.