Where do you guys see us finishing next season in the A10 ???

I know its early to be trying to guess at this but Id say if we werent in the top 2 it be a shame. What are your thoughts on this.

We should be favored to win the league. X will miss Tu, but should still be pretty good. St. Joe and UMass appear to be ascending. Dayton might be improved with the addition of former SLU recruiting target Vee Sanford.

I think it is possible that we can have a season like St. Joe's had in 2004. St. Joe went 23-7 overall in 2003 with a close first round NCAA loss to Auburn before having their miraculous season in 2004. They were basically a guard-oriented offense, just like SLU will be next year. Let me make a bold, head-still-in-the-clouds prediction for next season:

28-2 regular season

13-1 non-conference

15-1 conference

3-0 conference tourney (auto berth)

#3 seed (but should be a #2 or even #1)

Elite Eight

Overall record 34-3

Kwamain Mitchell A-10 POY and 2nd Team All-American

Dwayne Evans 1st Team A-10

Jordair Jett A-10 Defensive POY

Rick Majerus National COY

Personally, I think this is a very reachable goal next season, on all levels.

Booyah.

I can't remember where I read about the non-conference schedule for next year but I know it includes playing against the CBE teasms, New Mexico and LMU coming here, us going to Washington. Do we go to UVM or Portland?

I think we should be the best team in conference, everybody else seems to be losing more than us.

Next season has the makings to be more successful than this year for sure.

The Portland series is over - we played there during Conklin's junior year. That's where we were named the Pelicans.

I'm guessing Vermont was a buy game. I can't imagine us going to play at their gym.

Methdale is another home game for us in 2012-13.

I heard we are working a home-and-home with Butler starting next year. We were just waiting for them to complete the paperwork. Don't know what "Butler to the A10" would mean in that scenario ---- probably would stand for next year anyway before 13-14 when Temple goes out and Butler comes in, if that's the case.

Peruse TigerBoard, search "SLU" and see the comments. Sure there are the usual ones, but there are some others too. It seems there is a bit of a schism developing over there re Mizzou playing SLU. At least 1 poster sees a separation between Mizzou playing SLU and Mizzou playing Mo. State.

I like the one that Mizzou shouldn't play SLU next season because SLU will be better. That really says it all right there, the real truth, not the "Mizzou has everything to lose" garbage that we've heard for the last decade. The bottom line is Mizzou ducks SLU because Mizzou knows that it is at serious risk of getting beat.

But the more Coach Majerus makes his media rounds, the more SLU is in the news, including the recent national attention (NY Times, Washington Post, ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike, lead NCAA Tournament game on CBS-TV), the more pressure there will be on COMO to play the game. As I was told in Columbus, there are financial reasons, we could even term them financial obligations, for Mizzou to play SLU. There is money to be made that is being left out of the Mizzou revenue stream, and as we all know, Mizzou is a public institution.

Bay, that payday's always been there. Look at the last time we played them. It was a huge financial success. Now that the Bills have got some buzz going for 'em and Mizzery's, despite the loss, inherited buzz, they might have to play it in the Scott. It's going to be interesting to see how the OSU and Cincy game plays out this weekend. For 50 years OSU has refused to play UC. I'm assuming for the same reason Mizzery refuses to play us, ie being the State's flagship program is at serious risk. When UK lost to UL way back in the 80s that prompted UK to make that an annual game. Let's see what OSU does if they lose to Cincy.

There really is nothing for us to gain from playing Mizzou going forward. They are in the Southeast Conference. We all know good students only come from the east coast. They are going to be an RPI killer next year, I'd rather play a high level Horizon team. You also don't want to associate the program with scandal ridden programs.

If Mizzou wouldn't play us when they were good/we were bad, there will be nothing to change that now. Next year, they have Pressey and Dixon, two guards hovering near the 6-foot level. Everyone else is gone and five freshmen are coming in. We lose one contributing senior and return everyone. As stated previously, big state schools believe they have everything to lose and nothing to gain. If they win, they are supposed to. If they don't, huge upset and program builder for the little guy. Why be the fodder for our Super Bowl?

Shortsighted? Yes. And for those saying its a battle for Missouri supremacy, Mizzou had six Missourians on their roster this year, with five from Kansas City. We had NONE. I find that to be another indictment of St. Louis area talent but that's a different argument.

As the Champions of the Atlantic 10 we come in peace. ( don't know were you finished in the standings ) BUT, anyways it felt good watching the Bonnies cut down the nets. And next year I hope you guys can end up in 8th or 9th place. This league will be better and stronger than last year and the 1st place team could have 4 or 5 loses.

The St Bonaventure Brown Indians will once again be the surprise of the A-10. All of us here in Otterville, oops I mean Olean, the Home of the Enchanted Mountains ( were we don't have to worry about Tornados all summer long not to mention the gang infestation through out all of St Louis ) feel that the Bonnies will once again win the Atlantic 10.

And the Billikens get to travel to Meca ( Olean ) next season. CAN'T WAIT.

Not to mention that the Lady Bonnies are playing in the Women's NCAA Sweet 16 on Sunday March 25. Check your local listing for the time.

How did you guts ever lose to X ? Oh well better luck next year.

Bonnies on the Warpath

I hate to tell you but the "conference champion" is Temple.

And good job blowing that very winnable game v. Florida State. It's been awhile since I've seen a team that inept and unaware in the final seconds.

Enjoy 5th place again, of you're lucky.

I think it is possible that we can have a season like St. Joe's had in 2004. St. Joe went 23-7 overall in 2003 with a close first round NCAA loss to Auburn before having their miraculous season in 2004. They were basically a guard-oriented offense, just like SLU will be next year. Let me make a bold, head-still-in-the-clouds prediction for next season:

28-2 regular season

13-1 non-conference

15-1 conference

3-0 conference tourney (auto berth)

#3 seed (but should be a #2 or even #1)

Elite Eight

Overall record 34-3

Kwamain Mitchell A-10 POY and 2nd Team All-American

Dwayne Evans 1st Team A-10

Jordair Jett A-10 Defensive POY

Rick Majerus National COY

Personally, I think this is a very reachable goal next season, on all levels.

Love it, but am I the only one who thinks we'll be better in 13-14 than 12-13? If KC can duplicate KM's sophomore year (or surpass it) I don't see us losing too much from one year to the next, returning everyone else but CE, CR. Can't wait to see your prediction for that season.

Love it, but am I the only one who thinks we'll be better in 13-14 than 12-13? If KC can duplicate KM's sophomore year (or surpass it) I don't see us losing too much from one year to the next, returning everyone else but CE, CR. Can't wait to see your prediction for that season.

Undefeated and NCAA title. ;)