Butler to A10

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, both universities should show double-features of "Up In The Air" and "The Ides of March" on the night before game days next year. Maybe we could get George (who was said to have worked out at the 'Fetz regularly while he was filming) to show up. Surely then we'd get decent student attendance, at least from half of them.

This is true...Clooney did regularly shoot at Chaifetz while he was in town. Declan O'Neil from the AD was his regular shooting partner

Sweet! This makes it a great conference for us, they obviously are doing as much as they can to keep the western block of the A10 happy.

exactly. they need the western quadrant to stay put or the a-10 loses it's top non bcs conference status.

Adding Butler and losing Temple is not quite a wash but better than nothing. There's still room for improvement. We know Biondi wants to maintain an east coast presence. Adding VCU, ODU, and Cleveland St would be a good move. I really think Charlotte is going to bolt anyway.

Adding Butler and losing Temple is not quite a wash but better than nothing. There's still room for improvement. We know Biondi wants to maintain an east coast presence. Adding VCU, ODU, and Cleveland St would be a good move. I really think Charlotte is going to bolt anyway.

I think it is better then a wash FOR US... programs on similar levels one much closer to us geographically.

Admittedly Butler has gone much further than Temple in recent years, Temple's basketball pedigree is more distinguished. The point being, the A 10 is the same, maybe slightly better, maybe slightly worse, but still needs improved. The better programs are hurt by the poorer program's RPIs

Butler University was founded by members of the Disciples of Christ church, though it was never controlled by the church.[6] The university charter called for "a non-sectarian institution free from the taint of slavery, offering instruction in every branch of liberal and professional education."[6]

• ^ a b c d e f Bodenhamer, D.J., and Barrows, R.G. (1994). "Butler University" in The Encyclopedia of Indianapolis. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.

haha, taint.

My sister goes to Butler...it's a really cool campus. I can't wait to go to games there. Plenty of bars are fairly close too...

Posted Image

This is going to be a great opportunity for SLU to create a much needed rivalry in the conference, X and UD can have their little thing and we can develop a rivalry with Butler. Once this goes through the AD should get going on creating a "rival" type of atmosphere.

This is going to be a great opportunity for SLU to create a much needed rivalry in the conference, X and UD can have their little thing and we can develop a rivalry with Butler. Once this goes through the AD should get going on creating a "rival" type of atmosphere.

Butler and X already have a long history of playing, X used to be in the Horizon. In fact they played this season and will play again next season.

I remember Midwestern Cities days when Butler was the joke of the league. First it was an ORU dominated league, then Loyola of Chicago, a little Evansville, and a whole lot of Xavier. What folks now think of Fordham, we thought of Butler way back then.

I remember Midwestern Cities days when Butler was the joke of the league. First it was an ORU dominated league, then Loyola of Chicago, a little Evansville, and a whole lot of Xavier. What folks now think of Fordham, we thought of Butler way back then.

Detroit was the Fordham of the MCC. Butler was more like the Duquesne. Only 2 seasons in the 80s above .500. Butler did get good the year before we left and the year after.