November CBE in KC

I know we are concerned with present tourneys but...I have already reserved a room in KC in November. You experienced travelers could tell me, will our Ath. Dept. likely have a block of tickets where we could purchase a ducat to be able to sit in a Billiken group ? I wouldn't want to be stranded in a sea of Jayhawks. The SLU website currently lists the Sprint Center and two ticket agencies to go to. Sprint Center is still showing last year's CBE, but tickets supposedly went on sale today. How to proceed ? Don't want to get shut out but don't want KU to occupy all the seats either.

PS...just scanning around for tickets I was able to get either the first row of the second level (about $40/ticket with fees) or the 21st row of the lower level for closer to $80/ticket both on the sides around mid-court. I think I may pull the trigger on the upper level tix just to make sure I have some decent seats and if SLU has better options then I bet these will be easy to ditch closer to tourney time.

PS...just scanning around for tickets I was able to get either the first row of the second level (about $40/ticket with fees) or the 21st row of the lower level for closer to $80/ticket both on the sides around mid-court. I think I may pull the trigger on the upper level tix just to make sure I have some decent seats and if SLU has better options then I bet these will be easy to ditch closer to tourney time.

Thanks ! I also went for first row of level 2. What a pain those convenience fees are.

What an honor it would be to play the Jayhawks. They are a Midwest program with a tradition of class and success unlike that school down 70 in Boone. I think it will be interesting with McLemore being eligible and what team they will return. The Jayhwaks is the team we should beg to play.

Yes he will play next year. The talk around the program is Ben maybe the best player during practice. Bill Self is trying to sell the number 1 recruit that he and Ben will be the best 2-3 combo in the country next year. Oh, by the way too late you will be surrounded by Jayhawks at the Sprint Center. What Mizzou fans don't get is we could sell out the Sprint Center against UMSL. We don't need any help from those Meth using Slavers to sell anything out.

What an honor it would be to play the Jayhawks. They are a Midwest program with a tradition of class and success unlike that school down 70 in Boone. I think it will be interesting with McLemore being eligible and what team they will return. The Jayhwaks is the team we should beg to play.

It will be an honor to kick their ass. While the Jayhawks have a traditon of success, it isn't exactly a classier program than Mizzou. Their fans are just as grating as Tiger fans and they have their own history of scandal.

While the Jayhawks have a traditon of success, it isn't exactly a classier program than Mizzou. Their fans are just as grating as Tiger fans and they have their own history of scandal.

I disagree. I know Jayhawk fans can be viewed as arrogant, but they have actually WON something. UMC Tigers have not accomplished something that NCAA juggernauts like Butler, VCU, and George Mason have--A final 4. UMC fans think they are entitled National Champion respect. I hope Luniardi is correct and we could play in the second round.

I disagree. I know Jayhawk fans can be viewed as arrogant, but they have actually WON something. UMC Tigers have not accomplished something that NCAA juggernauts like Butler, VCU, and George Mason have--A final 4. UMC fans think they are entitled National Champion respect. I hope Luniardi is correct and we could play in the second round.

This. Thats why KU fans are better than MIZZery. At least they have won something.

I know we are concerned with present tourneys but...I have already reserved a room in KC in November. You experienced travelers could tell me, will our Ath. Dept. likely have a block of tickets where we could purchase a ducat to be able to sit in a Billiken group ? I wouldn't want to be stranded in a sea of Jayhawks. The SLU website currently lists the Sprint Center and two ticket agencies to go to. Sprint Center is still showing last year's CBE, but tickets supposedly went on sale today. How to proceed ? Don't want to get shut out but don't want KU to occupy all the seats either.

Back in 98 around Christmas I came in for the KU game at the Savvis. I stayed I think at a Hampton Inn on Market. WOW, all remember was all hotel guests had those goofy birds plastered on practically everything. KU fans travel very well.

Back in 98 around Christmas I came in for the KU game at the Savvis. I stayed I think at a Hampton Inn on Market. WOW, all remember was all hotel guests had those goofy birds plastered on practically everything. KU fans travel very well.

All I remember was the beatdown we gave them. And the arrogant a-holes sitting next to us who kept yelling (toward us), "That's Big 12 basketball, baby!" every time KU did something positive. Of course, we directed a nice "CUSA" chant, along with some choice expletives, their way as they left the arena in shame.

All I remember was the beatdown we gave them. And the arrogant a-holes sitting next to us who kept yelling (toward us), "That's Big 12 basketball, baby!" every time KU did something positive. Of course, we directed a nice "CUSA" chant, along with some choice expletives, their way as they left the arena in shame.

I was pretty high up, got good tickets for the Charlotte game a few days earlier, and had a lot of KU fans around me. I recall talking VERY LOUD to my wife how over-rated and this is a easy home win for us :P

I remember hearing one of the younger sports guys on KMOX saying how there was no way SLU would beat Kansas before the game. What a great win that was.

wasnt that like troy robertson's greatest game ever? seem to remember he hit like 5 threes from the corner. if i am correct, even sweeter considering it was against his brother whom i have never forgiven for not considering slu over KU. maybe i have my troy highlight nights mixed up there were many.

a story i heard (and granted it is second hand information) is that daddy robertson asked spoon when spoon was recruiting ryan, if spoon would also be offering a scholarship to troy. spoon assured him that troy had a scholarship offer as well. then the robertson's took the troy offer and rebuffed the ryan even though spoon probably meant it was a package deal. nevertheless troy was a good billiken. did indeed give us some solid moments and i see him at the games all the time. so he remains a loyal billiken. good for troy. to hell with ryan.

a story i heard (and granted it is second hand information) is that daddy robertson asked spoon when spoon was recruiting ryan, if spoon would also be offering a scholarship to troy. spoon assured him that troy had a scholarship offer as well. then the robertson's took the troy offer and rebuffed the ryan even though spoon probably meant it was a package deal. nevertheless troy was a good billiken. did indeed give us some solid moments and i see him at the games all the time. so he remains a loyal billiken. good for troy. to hell with ryan.

I heard differently. I heard Mr. Robertson asked Spoon for a guaranteed package deal, but Spoon did not want to offer both at that time. Ryan then went to KU and Troy, ironically, still ended up at SLU.

wasnt that like troy robertson's greatest game ever? seem to remember he hit like 5 threes from the corner. if i am correct, even sweeter considering it was against his brother whom i have never forgiven for not considering slu over KU. maybe i have my troy highlight nights mixed up there were many.

That story doesn't make sense. Ryan was a year older and had already signed with KU before we offered Troy a scholarship. Ryan was on the radio recently and said his choice came down between KU and Mizzou. He never mentioned SLU. Spoon never should have offered Troy a scholarship. There was no way it was going to lead to Ryan, therefore there was really no benefit. Landing a four year role/bench player is not a recipe for building a good team.

That story doesn't make sense. Ryan was a year older and had already signed with KU before we offered Troy a scholarship. Ryan was on the radio recently and said his choice came down between KU and Mizzou. He never mentioned SLU. Spoon never should have offered Troy a scholarship. There was no way it was going to lead to Ryan, therefore there was really no benefit. Landing a four year role/bench player is not a recipe for building a good team.

my source is a former next door neighbor to the robertson's who (the neighbor) now lives in iowa. he actually told me about it the next day after spoons in house visit with ryan.

i agree with you on "Spoon never should have offered Troy a scholarship" which leads credence to the likelihood that the offer was made in an effort to gain ryan's commit.

as to the comment no way it was going to land ryan, the neighbor told me at the time that ryan was indeed considering slu leading up to the fall of his senior year. he probably knocked us out of contention and got it down to mi$$ouri and KU after in home visits. which every recruit can take i think 6 visits.

my source is a former next door neighbor to the robertson's who (the neighbor) now lives in iowa. he actually told me about it the next day after spoons in house visit with ryan.

i agree with you on "Spoon never should have offered Troy a scholarship" which leads credence to the likelihood that the offer was made in an effort to gain ryan's commit.

as to the comment no way it was going to land ryan, the neighbor told me at the time that ryan was indeed considering slu leading up to the fall of his senior year. he probably knocked us out of contention and got it down to mi$$ouri and KU after in home visits. which every recruit can take i think 6 visits.

Roy, this will make you cringe, but when Troy was on the radio, he said that his mom was really charmed by Norm Stewart and that she wanted him to go to Mi$$ouri. Ugh!

What I meant that there was no way we were going to land Ryan... we already got our answer before it was time for Troy to make his decision. So from Spoon's perspective, it should have been easy. He should have said if Ryan signs with us this year, we will sign Troy next year. Instead, Ryan doesn't sign with us, but we go ahead and sign Troy anyway. It didn't make any sense.

Looking back it would have been better if Ryan did go to SLU. A guy named Chauncey Billups wanted to play for KU but his spot went to Ryan instead. Think of the line up of Vaughn, Billups, Pierce, LaFrentz and Ostertag? Ryan also was a bit of an outsider on the team because of his lifestyle. I know KU fans can be arrogant but it's more of a respectful arrogance. We believe that we should win every game by 20, if we lose we know there will be another day. Anyway I can't wait, SLU is my hobby, KU is who I am.

Roy, this will make you cringe, but when Troy was on the radio, he said that his mom was really charmed by Norm Stewart and that she wanted him to go to Mi$$ouri. Ugh! What I meant that there was no way we were going to land Ryan... we already got our answer before it was time for Troy to make his decision. So from Spoon's perspective, it should have been easy. He should have said if Ryan signs with us this year, we will sign Troy next year. Instead, Ryan doesn't sign with us, but we go ahead and sign Troy anyway. It didn't make any sense.

my understanding was that wisely daddy robertson made sure it wasnt a package deal before ryan turned spoon down.

i agree that shouldnt have been allowed by spoon. i guess even in hindsight i am not that opposed that troy was on the team. he was a decent backup, a model student and citizen while a part of the program, and has proven to be a very good alumni and still supports the team. i am glad troy robertson was a billiken.