Let's be honest

Pre season I would have guessed 18-12 and a chance at NIT.

The year before we had an awful offence and little rebounding and poor number of steals for a defense

Oriented team.

What did you expect?

I NEVER predict a record, but would have been very disappointed in anything other than a Big Dance invite. Of course I was thinking KM was going to have a great year instead of a very good one. Conk's work over the summer paid huge dividends. We need some of the younger players to do the same this offseason. This team is ready for a run of NCAA appearances.

Never predict ------------------ too many things can go wrong and I don't really know other teams coming into a season. For example,who'd thunk Washington, Nova, Boston College and Oklahoma would all have down years IN THE SAME FREAKING YEAR? I think you need some body of work to project out,and even then, you have downers and unexplainable things like Loyola Marymount, Umass and Rhode Island to try and fathom.

I saw this year as potentially an above-average to good year. I think it has exceeded those expectations. But it was a team that needed one aspect of a game to feed off the other ---- we either had to make shots to open the interior or we had to make shots inside to open the outside. At the outset, I thought we'd be an outside-in team first --- we had multiple options in Ellis, Loe, Mitchell, McCall, Cassity and Barnett to make the three and open things up for Conklin. Conklin had 20+ inside against Xavier last year so him doing it again would not be surprising. I don't believe any of us foresaw the year he had or what he has meant to this team. That's why I think replacing him and his option next year is going to be essential and EXTREMELY hard to do. In the above list, Cassity and Barnett fell off the list of options. That happens on all teams. That leaves four shooters and getting 25% to 50% of them working on one given night is key. When all four or more go off, we cannot be defended.

Anything short of the big dance is not an option, however, this is one good year. Sustainability is still the key idea moving forward. Next year will be hard pressed to top this year but is doable. For once, the damn cupboard is not bare and we're not looking for some late spring signing period to offer hope to our program.

I guessed 21-9, 10-6 league. Didn't think we'd win in Anaheim, and thought we'd lose at least one to X, and take a loss or two from the teams in the middle tier of the conference. Bona, LaSalle, St. Joes, Richmond, Duquesne, and Charlotte. We did well to go 7-0 vs. that group. I figured us to be NIT bound unless we made a run in the A10 Tourney.

Never predict ------------------ too many things can go wrong and I don't really know other teams coming into a season. For example,who'd thunk Washington, Nova, Boston College and Oklahoma would all have down years IN THE SAME FREAKING YEAR? I think you need some body of work to project out,and even then, you have downers and unexplainable things like Loyola Marymount, Umass and Rhode Island to try and fathom.

I saw this year as potentially an above-average to good year. I think it has exceeded those expectations. But it was a team that needed one aspect of a game to feed off the other ---- we either had to make shots to open the interior or we had to make shots inside to open the outside. At the outset, I thought we'd be an outside-in team first --- we had multiple options in Ellis, Loe, Mitchell, McCall, Cassity and Barnett to make the three and open things up for Conklin. Conklin had 20+ inside against Xavier last year so him doing it again would not be surprising. I don't believe any of us foresaw the year he had or what he has meant to this team. That's why I think replacing him and his option next year is going to be essential and EXTREMELY hard to do. In the above list, Cassity and Barnett fell off the list of options. That happens on all teams. That leaves four shooters and getting 25% to 50% of them working on one given night is key. When all four or more go off, we cannot be defended.

Anything short of the big dance is not an option, however, this is one good year. Sustainability is still the key idea moving forward. Next year will be hard pressed to top this year but is doable. For once, the damn cupboard is not bare and we're not looking for some late spring signing period to offer hope to our program.

Yeah Taj, you never make predictions, I mean projections. :rolleyes:

I did not predict a record, but I did and still point out to people, this is the team we expected to arrive last year!! two years ago we enjoyed a season that fell short and ended up with a playoff run in the CBI. Who did we lose to, only one of the Final Four teams the following year, VCU. I thought we had the chance to make some noise in March, I hope it is beautiful music and not a loud thud!!!

@ the shoesy twins --- that's right, no predicitons. Projections only started after a body of work was establsihed and trends developed. The first one done right after the Temple game and leaning heavily toward the negative "what if" answer. Here, I'll repost kshoes link: http://www.billikens...rediction&st=20

Count 'em. The post and 37 replies to it, and yet NONE of those 38 are mine. Not a one are my long-winded ramblings. How could I have ever avoided that?

@ the shoesy twins --- that's right, no predicitons. Projections only started after a body of work was establsihed and trends developed. The first one done right after the Temple game and leaning heavily toward the negative "what if" answer. Here, I'll repost kshoes link: http://www.billikens...rediction&st=20

Count 'em. The post and 37 replies to it, and yet NONE of those 38 are mine. Not a one are my long-winded ramblings. How could I have ever avoided that?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/projection

projection[pruh-jek-shuhn] calculation of some future thing: They fell short of their projection for the rate of growth.

Synonyms

prediction.

Exactly, kevin. Use the meaning of the word. Do not apply your personal synonym(s) in order to make it mean what you want. I

s it a prediction or a projection when you say the world will end December 21, 2012? Is it a prediction or a projection that the shoe hayfield will yield 9.5 hay bales been acre planted?

I project all higher seeds wil win in the A10 tomorrow night. Whether they all win or all lose, my predictions wil still be 0 - 0. Never made one. I liken it to betting in Vegas .... lay money down, and you've got a prediciton. You are so positive in your call, you are willing to place the bet with your money. Look at the board, call a game, place no money, not the same.

I am the eternal optimist -- predicted 24-6. For fun, my brother-in-law and I make predictions every pre-season.

But my prediction was not just kool-aid optimism:

• Two years ago, the Bills won 23 games with virtually all sophomores and freshmen. Yes, some of those wins came in the CBI. That team -- less Willie Reed -- would be back this year
  • Last year, we were widely predicted to be a strong team, were in multiple top 30-45 pre-season polls...that is, until "the situation" was unveiled two days before practice started
  • Last year's freshmen got a ton of experience from playing shorthanded last year. Would only make a good team better. We would be deep.

I saw only one way the Bills wouldn't rebound from their "lost year" in 2010-11 and win 24: the loss of Willie Reed. Though certainly a much different kind of player, Brian Conklin's play in the low post this year took care of that.

I had us winning 22 to 23 games and ending up an NIT lock (which would have been a huge improvement from last year) or possibly a bubble team depending upon how we did in the A10 Tourney. I figured we'd split with UD (which we did) and with X (we won both) and that we'd probably lose on the road to a team like UMass (which we did) but not to bottom of the barrel Rhoady. I did not think we'd have so many double digit wins over the likes of Villanova, Oklahoma and Washington. I did not have us winning the early seaon Tourney but I did have us beating LMU. All in all, we have exceeded my expectations!! Great year so far Bills but it's not over yet!!