The one reason we are better than in Anaheim

Mike McCall's Defense.

He is playing Josh Fisher type defense right now. He absolutely shut down Tu on Tuesday and McConnell today.

If we face an awesome guard in the tournament who is accustomed to carrying his team, I like our chances with MM locking him down. I do not know who is better right now KM or MM, but I am glad both are in Billiken blue.

A couple other random thoughts.

-Saw on Twitter that Rammer predicted 24-6. Props to the Billiken Deity.

-JB better really work on his game in the offseason if he wants to see any floor time with our awesome guards

What MM has done is finally realize he just has to stay in front of his man. Guys as quick as Mike pick up bad habits in HS as they are quicker than the majority of people they guard so they can take some chances and still recover.

Imo MM and Fisher played D completely different. On one end you have MM who is so quick he can just cut off any penetration on the other end you had another great Billiken defensive guard John Redden who just out got so physical with you, you didn't want the ball. Fisher was kind of in between but still very effective. One of the best defensive games I saw from a Billiken guard was DP on Ahearn. DP just ignored the rest of the game and used his quickness to deny BA and take him completely out of the game. If I remember right he held BA to 0 points, maybe 2.

What MM has done is finally realize he just has to stay in front of his man. Guys as quick as Mike pick up bad habits in HS as they are quicker than the majority of people they guard so they can take some chances and still recover.

Imo MM and Fisher played D completely different. On one end you have MM who is so quick he can just cut off any penetration on the other end you had another great Billiken defensive guard John Redden who just out got so physical with you, you didn't want the ball. Fisher was kind of in between but still very effective. One of the best defensive games I saw from a Billiken guard was DP on Ahearn. DP just ignored the rest of the game and used his quickness to deny BA and take him completely out of the game. If I remember right he held BA to 0 points, maybe 2.

Redden had extremely quick hands too. Jett has quick hands like that.

Mike McCall's Defense.

He is playing Josh Fisher type defense right now. He absolutely shut down Tu on Tuesday and McConnell today.

If we face an awesome guard in the tournament who is accustomed to carrying his team, I like our chances with MM locking him down. I do not know who is better right now KM or MM, but I am glad both are in Billiken blue.

-JB better really work on his game in the offseason if he wants to see any floor time with our awesome guards

Agreed

MM was thrown to the lions last year and had to step up. One of his best games last year was against Duke.

At the beginning of the season, I don't think he was was comfortable playing a role. I really think he is coming along nicely. He will be fun to watch for more years after this.

Redden had extremely quick hands too. Jett has quick hands like that.

Agree and note for a big Loe has very good hands on defense; not the shot blocker that CR can be but not too shabby a year for RL

Mike McCall's Defense.

JB can have KC's minutes of late unless Carter takes them.

I think Carter's gonna be thrown into the fray next year. RM stated he was the best PG he's recruited to SLU. But really we're pretty well stocked at guard, so we'll see. What would be nice would be for JB to be a deadeye from Threeland.