Other A-10 Games (Sat. 2/11)

AMDG

Temple 37, X 18 with about 4 left in the half. Temple, after tonight, still has to play the following ROAD games: Bonnies, St. Joes, LaSalle, and Fordham. RealTime RPI has them losing three of those four. On the other hand, RealTime RPI has us winning ALL of the rest of our games. Anything can happen, but if we take care of business, we make it tough for Temple to win this conference. I like our chances.

The other A-10 games have gone pretty well for us. Today started with Temple at 7-2, and SLU, Xavier, and UMASS tied for second at 7-3. We win at LaSalle to get to 8-3, while UMASS lost to fall a game back at 7-4. Barring a huge comeback for Xavier in the second half, they'll also fall back to 7-4. Everyone else is at least a few games back.

Here's the top of the standings (assuming Temple holds on vs. Xavier)

1. Temple (8-2) Remaining Schedule: @Bonnies, Duquesne, @LaSalle, @St. Joe, UMASS, @Fordham.

2. SLU (8-3) Remaining Schedule: Richmond, Fordham, @Rhody, Xavier, @Duquesne.

3(tie) Xavier (7-3) Remaining Schedule: Dayton, @UMASS, Richmond, @SLU, Charlotte.

3(tie) UMASS (7-3) Remaining Schedule: LaSalle, Xavier, @Dayton, @Temple, Rhody.

The other A-10 games have gone pretty well for us. Today started with Temple at 7-2, and SLU, Xavier, and UMASS tied for second at 7-3. We win at LaSalle to get to 8-3, while UMASS lost to fall a game back at 7-4. Barring a huge comeback for Xavier in the second half, they'll also fall back to 7-4. Everyone else is at least a few games back.

1. Temple (8-2) Remaining Schedule: @Bonnies, Duquesne, @LaSalle, @St. Joe, UMASS, @Fordham.

3(tie) Xavier (7-3) Remaining Schedule: Dayton, @UMASS, Richmond, @SLU, Charlotte.

3(tie) UMASS (7-3) Remaining Schedule: LaSalle, Xavier, @Dayton, @Temple, Rhody.

We definitely have the easier games to close out the season. If this plays out as the statistics would suggest, we may have our first A10 title. Of course, nothing ever occurs as expected....

It hasn't been said enough recently, so people may be forgetting...The motto is "Its tough to be a Billiken fan."

I just anticipate "toughness" to hit us somehow.

More seriously, I think we would want Temple to lose tonight, so we can control our own A-10 fate.

It hasn't been said enough recently, so people may be forgetting...The motto is "Its tough to be a Billiken fan."

I just anticipate "toughness" to hit us somehow.

More seriously, I think we would want Temple to lose tonight, so we can control our own A-10 fate.

I can't decide. I think Temple has the tougher schedule. It would be nice to see X lose and more or less have them out of it for sure knowing that Temple has three challenging road games left.

That would make sense. Either outcome of that game could be spun as a good result for us. If Xavier wins, we're tied with X for 1st with Temple a 1/2 game behind and with a game in hand. If Temple wins, we're 1/2 game behind Temple, but we have a game lead over Xavier and UMASS.

That would make sense. Either outcome of that game could be spun as a good result for us. If Xavier wins, we're tied with X for 1st with Temple a 1/2 game behind and with a game in hand. If Temple wins, we're 1/2 game behind Temple, but we have a game lead over Xavier and UMASS.

When put that way, I actually may change my mind and say I want Temple to win. I am willing to concede #1 in the A-10 for a more assured #2 seed.

In my mind we wanted X to win tonight. We play them AT HOME and a win in that game would make it near impossible for them to catch us, no matter what they do the rest of the way. But Temple has to lose AT LEAST once for us to tie for the championship and twice for us to win it outright. Although they have 3 tough road games left, two of them are cross-town games. I don't see them losing more than once so we need to win out if we want to be co-champs.

p.s. tiebreakers are for tourney seeding, but not championships, imo

In my mind we wanted X to win tonight. We play them AT HOME and a win in that game would make it near impossible for them to catch us, no matter what they do the rest of the way. But Temple has to lose AT LEAST once for us to tie for the championship and twice for us to win it outright. Although they have 3 tough road games left, two of them are cross-town games. I don't see them losing more than once so we need to win out if we want to be co-champs.

p.s. tiebreakers are for tourney seeding, but not championships, imo

Watching Temple spank X tonight, let me just say that I am really glad we only had to face them once this season. That trio of 6'4" guards can just eat a team alive. Moore was completely unstoppable tonight!

I am showing Temple with 2 "potential" losses. Those 2 losses would be La S by 1 and St. J even. I am also showing the Bonnies losing by 1 (before tonight's game stats are in) . So Temple has 3 games that are to close to call ie the spread could change by game day. Usually by this time of the year, there isn't much movement in rankings in a league that has so much parity like the A-10.... but these 3 games are so close that even a small movement could be a game changer. I will monitor these games and post the latest info I have on game day.. In regards to the Bills, as I have been saying for a while, we will be favored in every game the rest of the way...including the A-10 tourney.

Bottomline...we have a great chance to win the A-10 title.

Go Bills

I'm in agreement w/ the post that Temple's hard to beat w/ their trio of big guards that can shoot it. Plus Dunphey's a good coach. Our mantra remains, "Just win, baby" and let the chips fall where they may. We can't do anything now to stop the Temple bus, we just got to take care of our own business. Does anyone consider Temple at ST.J's and LaSalle road games? Cripes, those guys can drive to the game in their own cars, or have mommy and daddy drop 'em off at the gym.

The problem is we lost to UMass and Temple and we are not playing them again in the regular season. Even if we run the table, Temple would still have to lose 2 for us to get that number 1 seed. Umass, who we are tied with I just have a feeling has at least one loss on that schedule to eliminate them. Concerning X, we have them at home and I think we should be able to take them even though they are playing much better as of late. I am hoping for sole possession of 2nd place and get Temple in the finals in AC. Hopefully they will worn down by then.

Our job now is to not let up and run the table like I mentioned.

This maybe first time I will be pulling the Bonnie's to work some of that home cooking they are known for with Temple.

The problem is we lost to UMass and Temple and we are not playing them again in the regular season. Even if we run the table, Temple would still have to lose 2 for us to get that number 1 seed. Umass, who we are tied with I just have a feeling has at least one loss on that schedule to eliminate them. Concerning X, we have them at home and I think we should be able to take them even though they are playing much better as of late. I am hoping for sole possession of 2nd place and get Temple in the finals in AC. Hopefully they will worn down by then.

Our job now is to not let up and run the table like I mentioned.

This maybe first time I will be pulling the Bonnie's to work some of that home cooking they are known for with Temple.

You must have missed a result. Umass is a half a game behind us now.