New Mex by 2 over the Bills

The Wiz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao. I'm glad you guys are here to tell us how hard your arena is to play in. We had no idea. I think our boys will be okay, even playing in one of the shittiest arenas around.

Somebody pull up the pre-game thread from Washington for these fools.

P.S. - I've been to New Mexico once and the place sucks. I'd rather spend a day in the real Mexico, and that's saying a lot.

Bitter much?

The Pit, I guarantee you, will not score one point or block one shot, ask Rick Majerus. He used to say that in the post game interview after each loss he suffered when he brought a ranked team into our arena. And he was right.

However, we have a pretty good team that plays pretty good defense, has a solid guard rotation and decent inside game. If the Lobos get rolling, the players will be unable to communicate with each other or the coach. If SLU gets an early lead, then they have a chance. Because like it or not, in college basketball, teams feed off of the energy their crowd gives them when they are rolling.

Here's to a great college basketball game tomorrow!

Bitter much?

The Pit, I guarantee you, will not score one point or block one shot, ask Rick Majerus. He used to say that in the post game interview after each loss he suffered when he brought a ranked team into our arena. And he was right.

However, we have a pretty good team that plays pretty good defense, has a solid guard rotation and decent inside game. If the Lobos get rolling, the players will be unable to communicate with each other or the coach. If SLU gets an early lead, then they have a chance. Because like it or not, in college basketball, teams feed off of the energy their crowd gives them when they are rolling.

Here's to a great college basketball game tomorrow!

Man, you guys really like to go out of your way to talk about The Pit. I love it. Like it or not though, this is a Billiken Board and although you may take everything we say here seriously, we are probably joking (13% of the time). I realize college basketball is all you have going for ya down there, but geez, you guys are ultra sensitive. Here's to hoping that Conklin knocks one of your players to the floor on a screen.

Getting back to the important point of this thread, you need a full bodied red wine to go with gamey wild dog. Any other year in the last ten and I'd be already mentally preparing myself for our bounceback game against Dayton. This year is different. To steal a line from Patches O'houlihan, the Bills especially Conk the Destroyer are going to grab the lobos by the haunches and hump them into submission.

i just wish these new mexico visitors would clue us in on the best apache reservation road side stand to buy a nice bracelet or necklace for my wife. they make such cute trinkets.

beyond that, nothing good happens in new mexico. it sucks.

Man, you guys really like to go out of your way to talk about The Pit. I love it. Like it or not though, this is a Billiken Board and although you may take everything we say here seriously, we are probably joking (13% of the time). I realize college basketball is all you have going for ya down there, but geez, you guys are ultra sensitive. Here's to hoping that Conklin knocks one of your players to the floor on a screen.

If you call reacting to a classless post about our basketball arena and the entire state of New Mexico "ultra-sensitive" then I guess our definitions of sensitivity vary. My response was in defense to the sophomoric remarks made about the Pit and NM by For-DaLove. I agree that we should not come here in a disrespectful way and tout how great the Pit is, I don't believe I have seen that.

Yes, I realize this is a Billiken board. However, I guess I am used to The Lobo Lair where we tend to treat each other, and moreso our guests, with a little more respect.

What truly was interesting from a personal perspective is that I have several really good friends from the St. Louis area. I have been to a couple of Cardinals games and all the fans I have interacted with have honestly been very friendly and gracious people. The venom (or jokes as you refer to it) that I have read here by a few towards the Pit and our state was simply unexpected and caught me off guard.

And in all sincerity I hope it is a terrific game!

Getting back to the important point of this thread, you need a full bodied red wine to go with gamey wild dog. Any other year in the last ten and I'd be already mentally preparing myself for our bounceback game against Dayton. This year is different. To steal a line from Patches O'houlihan, the Bills especially Conk the Destroyer are going to grab the lobos by the haunches and hump them into submission.

When you manage to get a run, I'll be saving this one for you, "Come on! I get better runs in my shorts."

BTW, Alford's hair is of magic and men. Single handedly won IU a title and cooled the fire that is Bobby Knight. It's not something you can just get at any Supercuts: it's a Great Clips kinda cut.

On a more serious note, The Pit is worth between 5-10 points on any given night. The crowd has the ability to will teams to win and has been the bane of many a BYU and Utah team... Except last year's Yoot team; that sucked (for us).

I'll edit this also: Lobo fans visiting this board and bantering need to calm down and enjoy some good trashin' back and forth. I'm having a good time and everyone here is pretty laid back.

Man, you guys really like to go out of your way to talk about The Pit. I love it. Like it or not though, this is a Billiken Board and although you may take everything we say here seriously, we are probably joking (13% of the time). I realize college basketball is all you have going for ya down there, but geez, you guys are ultra sensitive.

Here's to hoping that Conklin knocks one of your players to the floor on a screen.

HAHAH I love it!

If you call reacting to a classless post about our basketball arena and the entire state of New Mexico "ultra-sensitive" then I guess our definitions of sensitivity vary. My response was in defense to the sophomoric remarks made about the Pit and NM by For-DaLove. I agree that we should not come here in a disrespectful way and tout how great the Pit is, I don't believe I have seen that.

Yes, I realize this is a Billiken board. However, I guess I am used to The Lobo Lair where we tend to treat each other, and moreso our guests, with a little more respect.

What truly was interesting from a personal perspective is that I have several really good friends from the St. Louis area. I have been to a couple of Cardinals games and all the fans I have interacted with have honestly been very friendly and gracious people. The venom (or jokes as you refer to it) that I have read here by a few towards the Pit and our state was simply unexpected and caught me off guard.

And in all sincerity I hope it is a terrific game!

Hahaha. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, dude.

St. Louis > the entire state of new Mexico

You basically said it yourself

Hahaha. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, dude.

St. Louis > the entire state of new Mexico

You basically said it yourself

Believe me, you did not hurt anybody's feelings. You did make me feel sorry for you though! I cannot wait to come back here after we whoop on your team.

The Billikens left for NM yesterday, right after they had their gila monster venom inoculations. If the NewMexicites are so proud of their Pit, why is it buried ? And how do they know the ground around there isn't radioactive ?

The results of the fishing poll in NM were : bigmouth bass 30%, crappie 70 %.

The Billikens left for NM yesterday, right after they had their gila monster venom inoculations. If the NewMexicites are so proud of their Pit, why is it buried ? And how do they know the ground around there isn't radioactive ?

Well... It's a Pit in the ground, so... Um, naturally its buried?

Ground's probably irradiated. Thyroid cancer is a home court advantage. Drink your Ovaltine!

Hello from NM from a SLUMS grad and UNM ex-faculty. This should be a very challenging game for both teams. I have very mixed feelings because of my dual allegiances to SLU and UNM, but since SLU came back from 24points down to beat UNM in that NIT game years ago, I guess it's UNM's turn.

I'm sure you all understand what a great coach you have in Rick Majerus. He is one of UNM's 3 most respected opposing coaches, the other 2 are Jerry Tarkainian and "Bear" Haskins. The "fat man" ( truly a term of endearment from Lobo fans) is a dogged competitor and will do great things for SLU.

A few years ago, before he left Utah, the UNM Athletic department and the Lobo Club brought him down to ABQ for a big dinner and roast to honor him. We're talking over 1000 people! Every Lobo fan respects him, that's for sure. We all know that UNM will have to bring their A game to have any chance of prevailing tomorrow. Rick knows the Pit and will have the Bilikins ready.

This Lobo team is just starting to hit its stride after working in a new freshman point guard with great ability and international experience. Very good talent and an excellent coaching tandem in Alford and Neal. They make great game adjustments just like Rick does, so it should be fun watching the coaching chess match. Several years ago when Andrew Bogut was at Utah and Danny Granger was at UNM.....the Lobos put 6'9" Granger at point, much like Rhode Island did with Lamar Odom. Rick had no answer for Danny and he tried everything. Finally, in the last 10 minutes he just sat down and crossed his arms. And....you know Rick NEVER sits down, at least for very long!

I hope the ambiance of the Pit comes across on the Broadcast. It is really a special college BB site.

Pitboss

PS Great WS win, to bad about Albert

Well... It's a Pit in the ground, so... Um, naturally its buried?

Ground's probably irradiated. Thyroid cancer is a home court advantage. Drink your Ovaltine!

Time for the old timers to reminiscence. 1989 the Bills go to the Pit during the NIT and squeak out a close one. Listening to KMOX in KC with the reception fading in and out.Not good for the heart. The next year we meet in the semis at The Garden and whip again just to show it was no fluke.

Time for the old timers to reminiscence. 1989 the Bills go to the Pit during the NIT and squeak out a close one. Listening to KMOX in KC with the reception fading in and out.Not good for the heart. The next year we meet in the semis at The Garden and whip again just to show it was no fluke.

I was listening to KMOX in a rental car in Little Rock, Arkansas. Ron Jacober was on the call. We were down by 20 at halftime! It was an unbelievable comeback.