Correction: "MBA candidate"

bonwich

Certainly someone in the athletic department, business school or university administration could whisper into our fine announcer's ear that no one "major(s) in Master of Business Administration."

BTW, did he actually get through an entire game without any corrections last night? Did Box, Davola and the Ricans have to leave the game sober? ;)

Certainly someone in the athletic department, business school or university administration could whisper into our fine announcer's ear that no one "major(s) in Master of Business Administration."

BTW, did he actually get through an entire game without any corrections last night? Did Box, Davola and the Ricans have to leave the game sober? ;)

Is it possible he's referring to Cassity and Conklin pursuing their MBAs while in Grad School?

He actually did ok from what I can tell - no "Dwights," and it was about 9:30 into the game before I heard him make a correction.

I did not leave the game sober though. Rican and Davola were at Hump's beforehand, so I'm guessing they were nowhere near sober.

I heard at least two corrections and I am pretty sure he mispronounced Glaze's name on at least one occassion. Pretty good by Guy standards.

He actually did ok from what I can tell - no "Dwights," and it was about 9:30 into the game before I heard him make a correction.

I did not leave the game sober though. Rican and Davola were at Hump's beforehand, so I'm guessing they were nowhere near sober.

You would be correct. Gotta love the Saturday night games.

Is it possible he's referring to Cassity and Conklin pursuing their MBAs while in Grad School?

No s***, Sherlock. That makes them "MBA candidates." One does not "major in Master's of Business Administration."

As for Evans, I'd swear he actually says "Dwine" most of the time.

that will never happen, maybe Backhand or the Big Guy.

No s***, Sherlock. That makes them "MBA candidates." One does not "major in Master's of Business Administration."

As for Evans, I'd swear he actually says "Dwine" most of the time.

That bothers me, too. My wife said, "Geez, everyone is majoring in Business Administration" and I had to tell her that, well, a couple of those starters are actually not "majoring" but getting their MBAs. Someone should fix that. Getting a 5-year degree in 4 years while playing a D-I sport deserves enough credit to at least not be flubbed by the home PA announcer.

That bothers me, too. My wife said, "Geez, everyone is majoring in Business Administration" and I had to tell her that, well, a couple of those starters are actually not "majoring" but getting their MBAs. Someone should fix that. Getting a 5-year degree in 4 years while playing a D-I sport deserves enough credit to at least not be flubbed by the home PA announcer.

You may have missed my comment during a previous GDT that starting is clearly no longer just for high school on a RickMa team. Starting is for biz school. ;) (And given last year, the irony of that is so thick you can't cut with anything less than a flame-thrower.)

I'm a college drop-out but that "majoring in Master etc." has been bugging me all season. I'm almost certain that the fellow that filled in one game said something to the effect of "studying for or working toward" and it made 100% more sense. Why can't we get a professional public address announcer?

Our fearless PA announcer has a bit of a dilemma for Thursday night. Does he continue his tradition of PA'n the Braggin' Rights game at Scottrade or introduces the starting lineups with two Billikens "major in Master of Business Administration"

Let's hope Guy has other commitments because he does way too many of our games

Fellas, couple of things. I think Guy is working the braggin rights game because I am filling in for him tomorrow night at Chaifetz. I did the Portland game earlier this year.

Great points about the "majors" discussion. It will make sense tomorrow. :)

Looking forward to my return engagement! Love the passion on this board.