Andy Katz Blog

slufan13

Katz has been drinking the Kool-aid for three years and Dickie V may be jumping aboard. He tweeted a couple days ago and just talked us up during the Mizzou/Cal championship game. Said something about us stomping on Washington and that the Billikens are a serious team to pay attention to this year.

I am very partial to the "cockstrong" moniker for Rickma but "South American dictator" really brings wood to the shorts too. Might have to alternate between the two. Somebody needs to do a photoshop of Rickma as Manuel Noriega and blow it up into a big head for the home games.

Posted Image

And yes, I know Panama is in central america. Just thought Pineapple head with the fatigues fit the Rickma look.

Awesome quote. It is the truth, too. That was still a problem 2 years ago as well. Majerus is tough on the players but I think they now realize it only helps them get better.

Brett Thompson should have adopted the big stick philosophy

Posted Image

Awesome quote. It is the truth, too. That was still a problem 2 years ago as well. Majerus is tough on the players but I think they now realize it only helps them get better.

The guys that don't realize it only helps the team are the egotistical kids who think the game of basketball was invented by Lebron James.

Majerus want kids who will work hard on and off the court. He wants kids who play hard nosed unselfish basketball.

Id love to see where guys who bought into the Majerus way, like Conklin and Cassity, are in 10-15 years compared to guys who thought he was to mean, or expected to much, or wanted them to work in the classroom are, like Thompson and Cotto.

I would bet that the players Majerus has for 4 or 5 years do much better in life than the guys who thought he was to hard and transferred out.

The guys that don't realize it only helps the team are the egotistical kids who think the game of basketball was invented by Lebron James.

Majerus want kids who will work hard on and off the court. He wants kids who play hard nosed unselfish basketball.

Id love to see where guys who bought into the Majerus way, like Conklin and Cassity, are in 10-15 years compared to guys who thought he was to mean, or expected to much, or wanted them to work in the classroom are, like Thompson and Cotto.

I would bet that the players Majerus has for 4 or 5 years do much better in life than the guys who thought he was to hard and transferred out.

Excellent post. I agree 100%.

RM's old school and he's got a bunch of players that seem to appreciate it, or at the least buy into it, because they want to win. Let 'em get 11 or so wins under their belt, possibly be ranked, and see the Fetz filled to the brim then his sting won't hurt much at all.