New numbers...Bills and Washington are even

The Wiz

So apparently they beatdown a D2 team that starts all white guys and a ginger... seems like a fair fight

Bills will slow this game to a grinding pace and keep it close, there's no way the Big Man will let the Bills run with them. Conklin breaks 3 noses Bills by 5

Here's the video against the non-D2 white guys + Ginger -- although they also have a ginger. BTW - that D2 team beat Arizona in their other exhibition game.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely worried about this game. Washington looks like they're a very very good team, but Majerus won't let us get out of control out there. We actually have some players (KM JJ MM DE CR) who could play an up tempo pace though and they could do pretty well at it. I think KM and KC will be key to dictating the pace of the game for us. I don't know the stat for sure, but I think we're like #1 in defending the 3 over the last 3 years combined. Hopefully we can shut that down and pick up the win. SLU by 7.

I think the key here is how well they handle our defense. It's not like we try to sprint on every offensive play - we play tight pressure man 2 man and attack the passing lanes. Defense leads to our pace much more than the other teams defense in my opinion.

We're strong and deep at guard and usually not bothered by pressure. That said, Washington could be a test in that department. The Billikens have historically been able to impose their tempo on just about any opponent. Also, this year's team has more athletes than in years past so we are in a much better position to play at a faster tempo than we traditionally have been. I very much look forward to this contest. Too bad Suggs is out.

This will be a tough game. I am very doubtful the Bills can play for 40 minutes with UW. We just don't have the size or the athleticism. However, IF we slow it down dramatically, we may have a shot. I really respect Romar and am very happy that he is doing well at UW...I just hope he does NOT have a happy flight on Sunday.

This will be a tough game. I am very doubtful the Bills can play for 40 minutes with UW. We just don't have the size or the athleticism. However, IF we slow it down dramatically, we may have a shot. I really respect Romar and am very happy that he is doing well at UW...I just hope he does NOT have a happy flight on Sunday.

Majerus > Romar ...difference in this game.

So where is all the Billikens confidence coming from? 14-16 last year wouldn't have me too confident facing a tourney team from last year.

Is it because you got Mitchell back? We didn't have Abdul Gaddy last year either. I'll let you guys guess which one was the five-star, No. 2 PG in the country coming into college.

Or is because we've played crappy teams and you guys dominated Tennessee State? Of course one of those crappy teams, the one we beat by 30, dumped the Billikens on their lips last year.

Maybe it is the stifling defense you play? Whether we run or play half court St. Louis is doomed. We have two dominant, slashing point guards, Gaddy and Tony Wroten, and four guys that shoot .400 or better from behind the arc. Wilcox is shooting .611 from 3 and Ross is hitting for .479. Good luck packing the paint against those two.

That is besides being longer and more athletic than your team up and down the roster. Our 7-foot center averages 9 and 9 w/ 3 BPG.

Bottom line: All the stars would need to align for St. Louis to take this one. Realistically, Huskies by more than 10.

So where is all the Billikens confidence coming from? 14-16 last year wouldn't have me too confident facing a tourney team from last year.

Is it because you got Mitchell back? We didn't have Abdul Gaddy last year either. I'll let you guys guess which one was the five-star, No. 2 PG in the country coming into college.

Or is because we've played crappy teams and you guys dominated Tennessee State? Of course one of those crappy teams, the one we beat by 30, dumped the Billikens on their lips last year.

Maybe it is the stifling defense you play? Whether we run or play half court St. Louis is doomed. We have two dominant, slashing point guards, Gaddy and Tony Wroten, and four guys that shoot .400 or better from behind the arc. Wilcox is shooting .611 from 3 and Ross is hitting for .479. Good luck packing the paint against those two.

That is besides being longer and more athletic than your team up and down the roster. Our 7-foot center averages 9 and 9 w/ 3 BPG.

Bottom line: All the stars would need to align for St. Louis to take this one. Realistically, Huskies by more than 10.

You are really asking for it by saying stuff like that. But I just wanted to tell you something that your players will hear a lot of this Sunday.

S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S

While Washington has more talent, we'll be in this game easily.

Washington is adept at running and shooting 3s. We are adept at not allowing teams to run and defending 3s. No one runs at Chaifetz. I'd like to see the all time opponent 3 PT% at Chaifetz. I'd guess below 28%.

SLU 62 UDub 55

Not bad, only one troll. That's pretty impressive from a BCS school.

Your post actually made me realize that my prediction of SLU by 7 was unrealistic.

Bills by 15.

You're post actually made me realize that my prediction of SLU by 7 was unrealistic.

Bills by 15.

Bills by 15? Is that a halftime spread or is that figuring the Bills will be coached by Mini-

I think UW keeps it close. Bills 214, UW 18

We are very strong at guard. It's not just Mitchell coming back. Two freshman guards are now sophomores. Mitchell makes Cassity much better by taking pressure off of him to be the man. Also added a guard transfer (Barnett, who is a third year sophomore). SLU will impose its tempo and has the quickness at guard to handle the UW pressure. The way to beat this SLU team is half-court offense in the paint. I don't think that's UW's strong suit. We'll see what happens.