Who is the marketing genius......

ARon

....that decided our billboards should feature WHITE text on a WHITE background?

How dumb can you get?

I have been telling you guys this for years. Any of us on here could do a better job than Amber Branson ("Director of Marketing") has ever done. She's in a no-win situation as it is (how do you market a losing program to apathetic college students, etc), but the last decade or so has been an exercise in futility. From the new "logo" that came out in 2001 to those hideous "vintage" shirts. What a joke. Those Nike swooshes are probably stitched on there by some guy who runs a print shop on Morganford Rd.

Aron, I support your posts 100%

I'd leave out the specific names of people, Metz. I understand your point, but what good does it do to point this ladies name out. Sure, we could all go find it, but why post it for the world to see.

It's for public consumption on the SLUBillikens.com Website. Not like I had to file a FOIA application to find this out. Also, we make reference on here to such public figures like The Rev. Laurence Biondi, S.J, Athletic Director Chris May and Coach Rick Majerus. This isn't some janitor or concessions vendor we're talking about here. The work of our "Marketing Director" is very much open to public scrutiny.

Attacking Bondi or May I believe is totally different then going after a particular staff in the AD. She may have constraints that we are totally unaware of.

Who said anything about attacking? It's a critique, not an attack. Jesus Christ.

Who said anything about attacking? It's a critique, not an attack. Jesus Christ. And I'm sure these "constraints" have nothing to do with common sense on a creative side. A child could tell you that white font on white background is a major faux pas.

PS: Roy's photo is not displaying on my work machine. Is that universal, or does it maybe have something to do with my browser?

I think it was a joke... :)

And I agree with Metz, actually. We call people out all the time. Her name is listed on the sports website that is a public site. She oversees marketing. Fair game. BUT...I have noticed that our marketing is improving, so I can't speak as to who's fault it is for some of the stupid decisions.

Metz, I'm okay with criticism and critique, but "Any of us on here could do a better job than XXXXX has ever done" is a little harsh. I also agree with Tarheel about it's different with May and Biondi, they are in more public positions and are the ones to speak to the public and be the face of the program and the University.

Again, I have no problem with criticism and feedback and even listing the title of the person, but throwing the person under the bus like you did and then listing her name is just not warranted in my opinion. If you want to list her name and then give civil criticism and feedback, then fine.

You go on to say "she's in a no win situation", so you realize her challenges.

Also, just because somebody's name is listed on a website, doesn't mean they are "public figures".

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Metz, I'm okay with criticism and critique, but "Any of us on here could do a better job than XXXXX has ever done" is a little harsh. I also agree with Tarheel about it's different with May and Biondi, they are in more public positions and are the ones to speak to the public and be the face of the program and the University.

Again, I have no problem with criticism and feedback and even listing the title of the person, but throwing the person under the bus like you did and then listing her name is just not warranted in my opinion. If you want to list her name and then give civil criticism and feedback, then fine.

You go on to say "she's in a no win situation", so you realize her challenges.

Also, just because somebody's name is listed on a website, doesn't mean they are "public figures".

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Ever called to get your number "unlisted" in the white pages? It's very easy and all the web developer has to do is essentially not type in Branson's name or number. The fact that they listed it might have been an error on their part, but the fact remains - her name, title and information are all available for public consumption. Don't like the fact that Rick Majerus' e-mail address isn't on the Website? He doesn't want to get a million e-mails from us. Amber Branson, on the other hand, might be open to suggestions and constructive criticism from us. No one is throwing anyone under a bus here. We're saying that ad was a piss poor job and whomever signed off on that obviously was no RISD grad.

Roy, that was hilarious.

I'm still going to reserve judgment until I actually see one.

Unlike Metz, who used up his five posts for the day criticizing a billboard he's never seen, calling out specific individuals he's never met, and acting like a first grader.