FAN FEST

TVACH13

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there...Got midterms tomorrow so I'll be out as soon as the scrimmage ends. Will be wearing my SLU 59/50 and Under Armour SLU hoodie stop and say hey.

I'll be there. Got midterms tomorrow so I'll be waiting around as long as possible to put off studying.

-thought about what i would like to see in a few minutes....

-a healthy squad

-a healthy Rick who is engaged with the team

-not wanting to fall into the sekeue barantine/others trap as after all it will be just one scrimmage session of 30 or so minutes

pretty uneventful. still good to come out to the arena and see the team.

Rick said exams snuck up on them. Hate it when SLU schedules those pop-midterms,

Harriman said:

-Cory has been best big.

-Kwamain is angry at the world.

-Rob has struggled but will look good when floor is spaced.

-Team is farther ahead than its ever been at this point

Whitesell said:

-Harriman is doing a great job with the recruits.

-He enjoys living in South City.

-Hopes to be around for a while.

Young said:

-They should hire me as an assistant coach (since I haven't given you joke material in a while)

-SIUC was cheated out of elite eight bid way back when

-Guards are going to be good defensively.

Crews said:

-He read a good book on Lincoln's assasination.

Majerus said:

-Nothing useful.

Not anything too important to report from Fan Fest. KM was out pretty early with a slight injury but seems to be fine. BC and KC had night class.

I have to say I am so excited about this years team. Everyone looked healthy, fit and ready for a great season. We are so deep. I think the reason there were not too many glaring observations is because for every offensive player there was a close to as good defensive player guarding him. My friend and I were debating who the starting 5 would be and we never really could figure it out exactly because our 6,7,8,9 men are just so solid. Here are some thoughts..

Dwayne (RM keeps calling him Johnson) Evans- is going to be a beast. Is going to dunk all the time. I'm saying possible 3rd or 2nd team all conference.

KM, MM, JJ- going to be one of the deepest set of guards in the conference. They just take it to the hole whenever they want.

JB- I think will turn it up later in the season. Has been out of playing attitude for a while but has a lot of promise. Needs a little more killer instinct from what I saw in the scrimmage.

RL- Looked very fit and I think is going to improve dramatically this year if he can consistently hit that 3 ball. I think the coaches should prepare like 10 hours of Dirk game film and just tell him to model his game after him and he could be a heck of a player. He still needs a better back to the basket set of moves.

JM- Will be a good compliment to Loe because he is a similar build but plays like a classic 5 man. Will probably be able to teach Rob a few things in that department but probably will not make a big impact early.

The Greek- didn't look half bad but I expect the least from him of anyone.

GG- Just a goof but I think will bring a muscular, bruiser, tough-guy presence to the team that we needed. Will get so many boards. However, it may take years to develop some skills.

CR- Looked more athletic, muscular and assertive than last year. I think this may be a good year for him where he starts to be a leader. Maybe not a huge dominant force but good enough that you can't leave him unguarded. Probably going to throw down some filthy dunks as coach said he had a 30 inch vertical which doesn't hurt.

CE- Looks healthy and made a few good plays. Still needs to play more assertive and aggressive so I'm not sure about him. But, if he played with the fire he did freshman year, he may be an off the bench player, and that is a heck of a sub to throw in.

Not sure if I'm missing anybody but... Go Bills. I'm well hydrated off that blue cool-aid. Its going to be a great year.

Scrimmage was extremely limited. Majerus said the players were tired and many had class/study halls.

Cassity and Conklin were in class, not there.

Kwamain played in the scrimmage about 5 minutes. Then watched for the remainder.

Jett was the top scorer easily. Loe made a nice lob backdoor pass to Remuken and had a 3. Barnett had a couple Js. McCall was leading the 2nd team well.

Glaze stood out to me. Still looks lost on the offensive side but he gets after it. Had half a dozen O boards, knocked a couple guys down, almost had a spectacular put back dunk. Plays cocky as hell and is an elite rebounder. Not sure how many minutes he will get but this is the type of player with his skillset that Majerus can coach up into a star. Order me a Glaze 55 jersey now.

Tsalentakis has nice size, a legit 6'5 maybe taller.

Majerus talked for a while, had audience ask each player a question. New coach Crews was there. Disappointing that it was so short. Scrimmage was done well before 7 PM.

Rick said exams snuck up on them. Hate it when SLU schedules those pop-midterms,

Harriman said:

-Cory has been best big.

-Kwamain is angry at the world.

-Rob has struggled but will look good when floor is spaced.

-Team is farther ahead than its ever been at this point

Whitesell said:

-Harriman is doing a great job with the recruits.

-He enjoys living in South City.

-Hopes to be around for a while.

Young said:

-They should hire me as an assistant coach (since I haven't given you joke material in a while)

-SIUC was cheated out of elite eight bid way back when

-Guards are going to be good defensively.

Crews said:

-He read a good book on Lincoln's assasination.

Majerus said:

-Nothing useful.

Hahaha those damn pop-midterms. They get me every year.

Welcome back, my friend. I'm glad you decided to end your hiatus!

I took my two boys with me tonight, so they were stoked about the free soda, nachos, hot dogs and popcorn. The players did look tired in the scrimmage but I have to believe that they're working a lot harder in practice than they are for the fanfest. I thought the attendance was pretty good; maybe 800-1000 people would be my estimate. The players were really great with my boys while signing autographs. We also chatted Rammer up a little bit and he was gracious as usual. All in all a really good time, and the boys would tell you that free concession stand food is the greatest thing ever.

-i thought this was easily the most people to come to one of these events on some years

-great scheduling to miss the world series, poor scheduling to be during mid terms, good luck on the tests guys

-we still botch some things, start at 5pm to have 600 pre poured sodas, filled bags of popcorn, wrapped hot dogs to keep people out of lines (although people complaining about free always make me chuckle)

-was scared to see KM being attended to when i got there, but should be a minor ache

-DE sure looked a lot bigger and shot a couple mid range jumpers, if he can make those consistently that could go a long way

-thanks to the adept for the event, i do appreciate it

-LET'S GO BILLIKENS!!!!

-i thought this was easily the most people to come to one of these events on some years

-great scheduling to miss the world series, poor scheduling to be during mid terms, good luck on the tests guys

-we still botch some things, start at 5pm to have 600 pre poured sodas, filled bags of popcorn, wrapped hot dogs to keep people out of lines (although people complaining about free always make me chuckle)

-was scared to see KM being attended to when i got there, but should be a minor ache

-DE sure looked a lot bigger and shot a couple mid range jumpers, if he can make those consistently that could go a long way

-thanks to the adept for the event, i do appreciate it

-LET'S GO BILLIKENS!!!!

It sucked being during midterms, but they wanted it to be close to when practices started. KM is fine - during games, things like that won't keep him from playing. It's just always good to use precaution during practices.

Majerus did have some scheduling tidbits.

He's trying to schedule Gonzaga next year. They only want to play us at scottrade for some reason. Verbal agreement with Butler for a home and home but still needs to be firmed up. Somebody asked about playing Bradley, Majerus said they are a fallback option if something can't be worked out with Butler or Gonzaga.

He's trying to schedule Gonzaga next year. They only want to play us at scottrade for some reason. Verbal agreement with Butler for a home and home but still needs to be firmed up. Somebody asked about playing Bradley, Majerus said they are a fallback option if something can't be worked out with Butler or Gonzaga.

Our schedule is going to be loaded next year.

can't wait to see the increased optimism on here after the open practice tonight

Not from me. I found it boring. And the defense better be good, because it doesn't look like there's a lot of scoring potential there — but that's just what I walked away with after watching tonight's "scrimmaging."

said he thought Butler would be a 4 year deal. I think that's an important deal to finalize.

-do we take a deal with gonz to play at scottrade??? has the luster gone off their rose a little bit in the last few years? not saying i wouldn't trade places with them but am saying they are not unc, duke, ucla, ky or ku

-i am not sure they are worthy of that sort of deal, unless tv is involved

-and i think we are recruiting indy so butler makes a lot of sense, i doubt they can sustain their run of final game appearances but should remain a quality game with some name recognition, perhaps they are the new and improved secular gonz?

This was a joke. They schedule the damn thing and get people out and then act surprised the kids have class and exams. Seriously?

Could you really call that a scrimmage? Cassity and Conklin couldn't be there. MM, JJ, CR, KM, and maybe more leave at about 6:45 to study for exams and for study hall. Then at about 7:00 after having the crowd ask maybe 1 silly question aloud for the players, RM says come down and meet them, they are good kids and very engaging and all, Declan comes over and says they have studying to do and have to go so make it quick. I left with the thought of F>>K YOU in my head.

The lady in front of me brought 4 kids, how pissed would I be as a parent if my kids had looked forward to this and I brought them.

Really, could they not plan something and dedicate 2-3 hours to the fans.

Oh yea, free munchies, I'm so excited.

On a good note ... We're going to fall in love with GG over the next 4 years. Endless energy and a personality and smile that doesn't seem to quit

This was a joke. They schedule the damn thing and get people out and then act surprised the kids have class and exams. Seriously?

Could you really call that a scrimmage? Cassity and Conklin couldn't be there. MM, JJ, CR, KM, and maybe more leave at about 6:45 to study for exams and for study hall. Then at about 7:00 after having the crowd ask maybe 1 silly question aloud for the players, RM says come down and meet them, they are good kids and very engaging and all, Declan comes over and says they have studying to do and have to go so make it quick. I left with the thought of F>>K YOU in my head.

The lady in front of me brought 4 kids, how pissed would I be as a parent if my kids had looked forward to this and I brought them.

Really, could they not plan something and dedicate 2-3 hours to the fans.

Oh yea, free munchies, I'm so excited.

On a good note ... We're going to fall in love with GG over the next 4 years. Endless energy and a personality and smile that doesn't seem to quit

Studying for exams > talking to random fans

100% of the time. The fact you posted that really surprises me.