And it's...Illinois-Springfield?!?!

bonwich

But in terms RPI, the Division II match-ups have no effect right? I don't know. If I had a reason to get excited for the non-conference home schedule overall, I might care more. Bring on Tennessee State!

Correct. Playing this team will have zero impact on our rpi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for this game for years! I can't wait to kick some Prairie Star ass!

Insider, thanks for the great information on McKendree. Between this one and your other thread, you're doing a great job of adding quality posts.

-i believe mckendree, fontbonne and maryville have been scoffed at or underrated for too long on this board :P

This game sucks. There's no sugar coating it. There's nothing I can add to the argument that bonwich and others haven't already laid out so well. It's an absolute joke.

It's also a complete ripoff. Season tickets are $450/seat, not factoring in any additional seat license or Billiken Club membership fee. With 18 games, that works out to $25/game. The way I see it, if I were to walk up to the ticket booth, there is only one non-conference game that would be worth $25/ticket to me: Washington.

We have an uninterrupted December string of home games and the best we can do is: Portland, Vermont, Illinois-Springfield, Alabama State, Arkansas State, and Texas Southern?

"Thanks for your $900. Enjoy a non-conference schedule of 90% buy games."

I'm just about positive this is my last year of season tickets. If I were just to walk up to the booth and buy the cheapest seats for every game (and I'd still go to the less compelling ones, I just don't want to pay $50 to do so), I'd save hundreds. I'm glad I already stopped paying to be in the Billiken Club. I'm happy to renew my tickets again and rejoin the club if the program is willing to make it worth my while. Until then, I feel like an idiot for just giving away $1000 without being able to claim it on my taxes.

This game sucks. There's no sugar coating it. There's nothing I can add to the argument that bonwich and others haven't already laid out so well. It's an absolute joke.

It's also a complete ripoff. Season tickets are $450/seat, not factoring in any additional seat license or Billiken Club membership fee. With 18 games, that works out to $25/game. The way I see it, if I were to walk up to the ticket booth, there is only one non-conference game that would be worth $25/ticket to me: Washington.

We have an uninterrupted December string of home games and the best we can do is: Portland, Vermont, Illinois-Springfield, Alabama State, Arkansas State, and Texas Southern?

"Thanks for your $900. Enjoy a non-conference schedule of 90% buy games."

I'm just about positive this is my last year of season tickets. If I were just to walk up to the booth and buy the cheapest seats for every game (and I'd still go to the less compelling ones, I just don't want to pay $50 to do so), I'd save hundreds. I'm glad I already stopped paying to be in the Billiken Club. I'm happy to renew my tickets again and rejoin the club if the program is willing to make it worth my while. Until then, I feel like an idiot for just giving away $1000 without being able to claim it on my taxes.

Have you expressed your feelings to those in charge of the athletic department?

Have you expressed your feelings to those in charge of the athletic department?

Not yet, no. The non-renewal of the Billiken Club membership was the first step. I've been thinking about what to say in an email. I just can't justify this expense anymore. Now that I'm married and can't justify it to myself, there's definitely no way I can justify it to my wife.

Incidentally, she's a Xavier fan; their season ticket holders - including her family - will see Miami (Ohio), Georgia, Cincinnati, Purdue, and Gonzaga come to town - all for the same price or less than our season tickets*. Not to mention, they play road games at Vanderbilt, Butler, and Memphis, in addition to the Hawaiian Airlines tournament in Honolulu.

I'll put it this way: I won't buy SLU season tickets next year without first seeing the schedule. I can't put my faith in them assembling a strong enough non-conference home schedule to do so. And this is coming from a guy who bought season tickets for the first two years at Chaifetz despite not even living in St. Louis.

*$450/seat + premium seat contribution for lower bowl tickets; $300-$380/seat with no additional fee for upper bowl tickets.

I don't recall ever hearing any other program use finals week as an excuse for losing, not scheduling DI teams, etc.

I scoff at finals week. Scoff, scoff I tell you.

+1

These are D-I athletes. Playing D-I competition all season, even when you're busy, is part of the deal. I never hear that excuse for scheduling by any other team or any other school. I don't buy that excuse for one second.

+1

These are D-I athletes. Playing D-I competition all season, even when you're busy, is part of the deal. I never hear that excuse for scheduling by any other team or any other school. I don't buy that excuse for one second.

I know some students that work don't work during finals week. What's the difference?

As far as the price of tickets and our opponents goes, your first mistake is comparing our schedule to Xaviers. But I do agree that our season tickets are too expensive.

As far as the price of tickets and our opponents goes, your first mistake is comparing our schedule to Xaviers. But I do agree that our season tickets are too expensive.

Why is it a mistake? It shows that either our tickets are way overpriced or Xavier's tickets are an excellent value. It's a fair comparison, too, as a conference opponent with a similar season ticket pricing structure.

Yes, they've gone above and beyond to have a great schedule every year. My point is that SLU should either do the same with the schedule or lower the price of tickets.

I guess I could do comparisons with all other A10 schools, as well, but I'm sure most of them have less expensive season tickets than SLU, Xavier, or Dayton, anyway.

There's also the issue of Xavier spending $41 million on Cintas Center 10 years before SLU spent $81 million on Chaifetz Arena. I can't ignore that. But I'd feel a lot better about chipping in for the debt service on the arena if I weren't sitting through the likes of Illinois-Springfield.

Why is it a mistake? It shows that either our tickets are way overpriced or Xavier's tickets are an excellent value. It's a fair comparison, too, as a conference opponent with a similar season ticket pricing structure.

Yes, they've gone above and beyond to have a great schedule every year. My point is that SLU should either do the same with the schedule or lower the price of tickets.

I guess I could do comparisons with all other A10 schools, as well, but I'm sure most of them have less expensive season tickets than SLU, Xavier, or Dayton, anyway.

There's also the issue of Xavier spending $41 million on Cintas Center 10 years before SLU spent $81 million on Chaifetz Arena. I can't ignore that. But I'd feel a lot better about chipping in for the debt service on the arena if I weren't sitting through the likes of Illinois-Springfield.

Because the success they've had allows them to bring in teams like that. Again, I'm not debating about the prices. You're 100% correct, and until we sell out every game the prices need to be lower.

Because the success they've had allows them to bring in teams like that. Again, I'm not debating about the prices. You're 100% correct, and until we sell out every game the prices need to be lower.

Or perhaps the more people which maintain or increase the current level of financial commitment to the program, the more the athletic department will be able to have the resources to attain the level of success to be like Xavier and then draw name opponents to Chaifetz. But if, on aggregate, incoming resources drop because of dissatisfaction with the schedule, the cycle could continue or get worse.

Or perhaps the more people which maintain or increase the current level of financial commitment to the program, the more the athletic department will be able to have the resources to attain the level of success to be like Xavier and then draw name opponents to Chaifetz. But if, on aggregate, incoming resources drop because of dissatisfaction with the schedule, the cycle could continue or get worse.

Winning fixes everything. All the Bills have to do is make the dance on a regular basis and the rest will come.

Good point. Committed boosters are essential to a success program.

Km, I agree, we need to win.

Our KP rating is 122. I wonder if Porter will HC a couple games this year. Thoughts?

For someone who like's to dis those who don't agree with you or who have posted in error, like me, I find your post are mostly useless babble, trying to be funny when you are anything but. This post is a perfect example of how dumb and senseless your post are on this board. "Our KP rating is 122. I wonder if Porter will coach a few game's this year? Thoughts?" Ya, that's just hilariuos stuff there Seinfeld, laughing myass off! Never heard that one, your so original.

Btw...people like NH aren't on here anymore cuz when they post stuff they then have to put up with the BS of certain goofballs who like to tear down and belittle everything they say.

For someone who like's to dis those who don't agree with you or who have posted in error, like me, I find your post are mostly useless babble, trying to be funny when you are anything but. This post is a perfect example of how dumb and senseless your post are on this board. "Our KP rating is 122. I wonder if Porter will coach a few game's this year? Thoughts?" Ya, that's just hilariuos stuff there Seinfeld, laughing myass off! Never heard that one, your so original.

Btw...people like NH aren't on here anymore cuz when they post stuff they then have to put up with the BS of certain goofballs who like to tear down and belittle everything they say.

Sensitive?

+1.

I'd much rather play a game like this instead of hurting our rpi. And to the people who complain about not getting your worth out of your season tickets, what's the difference in seeing us blast a 300+ rpi team compared to us blasting Illinois-Springfield? There is none.

If we are going to play D2, let's go ahead and schedule Uncle Brad or UMSL. I'd prefer it be a local team if we are going this route. It would give some local kids a chance to play at the Fetz before family and friends. Yeah, Springfield is only a few hours away but I didn't even know this school existed until they landed on our schedule.