2012 Commitment

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 wing Jared Drew from Indianapolis committed to SLU this evening.

6'6" wing player out of Indianapolis was our top target this fall.

Note: The ironic comments about how we got him even without PM or about how RM is lazy will most likely NOT be funny.

Sorry for the second post, Steve beat me by a second.

Note: The ironic comments about how we got him even without PM or about how RM is lazy will most likely NOT be funny.

Sorry for the second post, Steve beat me by a second.

Sensitive much? Geez.

Glad to see that we were able to get a recruit committed during the fall period. Hopefully we can get another one in soon.

Sensitive much? Geez.

Glad to see that we were able to get a recruit committed during the fall period. Hopefully we can get another one in soon.

Only one left for 2012? Right, baring anyone leaving which they won't because they are going to be SOOOOOOO! Good,:D

I thought we were toast on the 2012 and 2013 classes. I was expecting a 10 man team next fall and a 7 man team in 2013.

But then again im sure that Porter told this kid he didn't want him at Loyola, so he came here as 2nd choice.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2011/08/21/cathedrals-drew-commits-to-saint-louis/

The Indy Star weighs in:

“I felt very comfortable there,” he said. “I know coach Majerus is hard on his players, but I look forward to that. I think it’s an honor to get a chance to play for him. I know it’s very detailed and everything you have to do is right, but that’s the way it is with coach (Andy) Fagan at Cathedral. I think I thrive on that.”

I'm thrilled to get a commitment just like everyone else and I'd bet Drew ends up being a good player for us.

That said, landing a kid whose other offers were Detroit, IPFW, ISU and Mo. State doesn't disprove the concerns I have. I hope we can follow this up with another good player and get to work in the class of 2013 and 2014.

In Majerus I trust, but I want someone who is at least 6-9.

I am not sure there are any reachable big men right now on the radar. I am sure there are guys out there that are 6-9 and above, but either they are targeted by the BCS and now out of reach or are extremely underskilled and worthy of going low D-1. I think the next signing might be a PG.

I'm thrilled to get a commitment just like everyone else and I'd bet Drew ends up being a good player for us.

That said, landing a kid whose other offers were Detroit, IPFW, ISU and Mo. State doesn't disprove the concerns I have. I hope we can follow this up with another good player and get to work in the class of 2013 and 2014.

Would you be willing to write a guideline so all of us will know when we land a quality recruit? I'll make sure RM gets his hands on it.

I am not sure there are any reachable big men right now on the radar. I am sure there are guys out there that are 6-9 and above, but either they are targeted by the BCS and now out of reach or are extremely underskilled and worthy of going low D-1. I think the next signing might be a PG.

Maybe not in the U.S....

Personally, I hope we are done for the fall signing period. Keep the one scholly and in the spring, after an NCAA tourney appearance, we can fill the last scholly with either a more high profile U.S. guy, an international player, or a transfer.

Would you be willing to write a guideline so all of us will know when we land a quality recruit? I'll make sure RM gets his hands on it.

Can't anyone ever post anything except kool-aid comments without getting killed. Hopefully this guy is worthy of being our top target for this signing period, but it should at least give us pause that SIU-Edwardsville and a few Horizon schools were our competitors for this recruit. I also wonder if he will need a redshirt year to become high, Div 1 size, given his 165 lbs for a 6'5" height. As Yogi or Casey would have described him, "He's not too light, he's just too tall for his weight." Based on his weight, I would imagine that he must be an outstanding shooter.

Can't anyone ever post anything except kool-aid comments without getting killed. Hopefully this guy is worthy of being our top target for this signing period, but it should at least give us pause that SIU-Edwardsville and a few Horizon schools were our competitors for this recruit. I also wonder if he will need a redshirt year to become high, Div 1 size, given his 165 lbs for a 6'5" height. As Yogi or Casey would have described him, "He's not too light, he's just too tall for his weight." Based on his weight, I would imagine that he must be an outstanding shooter.

He is actually now 6'6" and around 195. Still a bit thin, but not nearly as thin as showing on his ESPN profile. Remember, when Manning was signed, many were really scared that he was crazy skinny because his ESPN profile showed he weighed 200 lbs. It appears that they don't change this information after they intially put up the kid's profile.

Oh, of course. I think that's needed. But there's a difference in constructive criticism and taking a shot just because. NH made a point in his first post to point out that any jokes directed at him were unwanted, yet later on he says he's still concerned for the next few years recruiting efforts.

As soon as I stop laughing at your posts I'll get right on it.

I didn't say the jokes were unwanted, just said that they'd be dumb. Which more often than not, they are. That said, if people want to shower the board with more mediocre humor and less basketball talk that's their call.

He's not an outstanding shooter from the reports. It does seem that he's athletic and versatile, with the potential to be a very good defender.