Cassity rolled his ankle

http://www.unewsonline.com/2011/07/kyle-cassity-rolls-ankle-is-out-indefinitely/

Senior guard Kyle Cassity rolled his ankle while running on Monday, July 12, 2011, he told The University News. While he expects to be fully recovered before the start of the August practice period, Cassity says he is currently in a protective boot and will be re-evaluated by a physician in two weeks.

The Saint Louis University men’s basketball team is currently in their off-season work-out period. Each member of the team participates in individual work-out activities with strength and conditioning coach Erick Schork, including a structured running program. Cassity says he is limited to upper-body activities, such as lifting, but will be unable to shoot for an extended period of time.

Cassity was the only Billiken to start all 31 games last season and was fourth on the squad in scoring with 8.4 ppg. He led the team with 104 assists, which is the eighth most by a SLU junior in program history.

http://www.unewsonline.com/2011/07/kyle-cassity-rolls-ankle-is-out-indefinitely/

Cassity says he is limited to upper-body activities, such as lifting, but will be unable to shoot for an extended period of time.

I broke my ankle playing hoops 30 years ago and had a hard cast for 6 weeks; I still have a picture of me shooting at my back yard hoop, wearing the cast and jumping on one leg. Maybe the soft cast keeps him from doing that, but there's no reason not to do FTs and maintain the form and muscle memory.

"I broke my ankle playing hoops 30 years ago and had a hard cast for 6 weeks; I still have a picture of me shooting at my back yard hoop, wearing the cast and jumping on one leg. Maybe the soft cast keeps him from doing that, but there's no reason not to do FTs and maintain the form and muscle memory."

Major:

Your got your MD from what school? How long have you been practicing orthopedic surgery?

Much has changed in medicine during the past 30 years. I'd leave the recommendations for the most effective rehabilitation to the true medical experts.

At least this is in the offseason, though these tend to be nagging and recurring injuries.

Senior guard Kyle Cassity rolled his ankle while running on Monday, July 12, 2011, he told The University News. While he expects to be fully recovered before the start of the August practice period, Cassity says he is currently in a protective boot and will be re-evaluated by a physician in two weeks.

The Saint Louis University men’s basketball team is currently in their off-season work-out period. Each member of the team participates in individual work-out activities with strength and conditioning coach Erick Schork, including a structured running program. Cassity says he is limited to upper-body activities, such as lifting, but will be unable to shoot for an extended period of time.

Cassity was the only Billiken to start all 31 games last season and was fourth on the squad in scoring with 8.4 ppg. He led the team with 104 assists, which is the eighth most by a SLU junior in program history.

Oh no, I sure hope this doesn't make him hesitant to shoot.....oh wait, nevermind.

We need Cassity to wait until he is ready what Spoon did to Virgil Cobbin still bothers me and I bet it bothers Virgil more 15-20 years later.

Take the medical redshirt and get your MBA; Cassity has always been young for his class if I remember well-Like CR

We need Cassity to wait until he is ready what Spoon did to Virgil Cobbin still bothers me and I bet it bothers Virgil more 15-20 years later.

Take the medical redshirt and get your MBA; Cassity has always been young for his class if I remember well-Like CR

Without knowing the severity of his injury, I'd say suck it up, stay off of it and get back out there once you're 100% which won't be THAT long. It's just a rolled ankle. Granted, he did it while running, but if you're not rolling ankles every once in awhile playing basketball, then you're not playing very damn hard.

Monday was July 11, thicks, so I think that is what bonowich is refering to.

Ankle injuries can linger all year. Leg injuries in a sport where legs are the key to everything are huge. Look what Jimmy Rollins told Derek Jeter a while back when he pulled his calf.

Reason: like it or not, Cassity is a huge part of this team. Yeah, yeah, he may not shoot to everyone's desires but the intangibles players like Cassity and Conklin provide are huge. And ... they are our SENIORS.

Heal, because we don't need this to linger.

Monday was July 11, thicks, so I think that is what bonowich is refering to.

Ankle injuries can linger all year. Leg injuries in a sport where legs are the key to everything are huge. Look what Jimmy Rollins told Derek Jeter a while back when he pulled his calf.

Reason: like it or not, Cassity is a huge part of this team. Yeah, yeah, he may not shoot to everyone's desires but the intangibles players like Cassity and Conklin provide are huge. And ... they are our SENIORS.

Heal, because we don't need this to linger.

Yes, ankle injuries can linber all year but usually that is during the season or when there really is no time sufficient time to heal. Cassity has no reason to resume running/practicing on the ankle early.

Is it a tough situation for him and the Bills? Sure. Would I prefer him continuing his offseason workouts and shooting a few hundred shots each day. Sure. Still, he can take off all of July and most of August and return, in top shape/form, in plenty of time for the season.

Will this be the breakout year for Cassity that Eastsidejoe has been talking about for 3 years????

This is the year. Cassity will do whatever it takes so he can improve his draft stock.

He is going to play like Mike Hampton in a contract year.