Calling Pdiddy

slu72

Chievous was on campus this past weekend. whoever reported that was correct. word is that matt gordon will join porter at loyola, but alex and chris are staying. no word on who will fill the open spot on staff. promoting tony young to full time is a possibility.

they just had one hell of a tournament on campus last weekend. I caught some of the games on Saturday, but I didn't get to see much of it. It was put on by the Spiece organization out of indiana. there was some great talent on campus. Hope a few of the kids took a look around.

bad boyz for life

Chievous was on campus this past weekend. whoever reported that was correct. word is that matt gordon will join porter at loyola, but alex and chris are staying. no word on who will fill the open spot on staff. promoting tony young to full time is a possibility.

they just had one hell of a tournament on campus last weekend. I caught some of the games on Saturday, but I didn't get to see much of it. It was put on by the Spiece organization out of indiana. there was some great talent on campus. Hope a few of the kids took a look around.

bad boyz for life

Spiece Indy Heat.

Lots of good local and regional talent at the Battle for the Arch this past weekend in St. Louis including many from the loaded 2013 class in Illinois. Locally, Nolan Berry, Deshawn Munson played well again, as did Malcolm Hill Jr. All three are getting high major interest.

Today is the first day of a three day contact period.

The streets are quiet, Pdiddy. You must have something for a bunch of nervous Billiken fans re: spring signing. Any crumb will do at this point.

Man, I would've thought at this point that we'd be overloaded with recruiting information now that Nate is no longer hogging all the recruiting discussion on his website. :rolleyes:

Spiece Indy Heat.

Lots of good local and regional talent at the Battle for the Arch this past weekend in St. Louis including many from the loaded 2013 class in Illinois. Locally, Nolan Berry, Deshawn Munson played well again, as did Malcolm Hill Jr. All three are getting high major interest.

Today is the first day of a three day contact period.

I took in a couple of the games this weekend. Malcolm Hill really impressed me. I'd never seen him play. I was told he put in an MVP performance over the weekend overall. I've seen Munson before, he's outshining some kids on his team that I thought were better than him.

I watched a couple of the younger kids games, 15 U. A couple kids from Cahokia that were 6'5 or so looked really good.

I for one will be totally stunned if 1) we land anybody in this period and 2) anybody that can actually see any significant floor time. Those guys typically don't exist at this time of the signing year and if they do, they go to BCS teams and not us. Still, it's Billiken basketball so hope always springs eternal.

Right now, we live and die with the ability to make jump shots and the ability to defend the interior while holding our own on the boards.

I for one will be totally stunned if 1) we land anybody in this period and 2) anybody that can actually see any significant floor time. Those guys typically don't exist at this time of the signing year and if they do, they go to BCS teams and not us. Still, it's Billiken basketball so hope always springs eternal.

And when do the other shoes drop on the two more transfers you've been predicting, Taj Mahal? If all you forsee comes true we will have exactly 9 scholarship players on the roster come October.

Potential shoe-dropping dates:

1) End of semester.

2) Final semester grades.

3) Australian trip date.

4) Fall 2011 Enrollment date.

Fact: the Rick Majerus era is rife with transfers. Fact: the Billikens have fielded one of the top ten youngest lineups in the nation the last two years. Fact: Spring signing classes have delivered little in terms of servicable players to the Billiken lineup in the recent past. Fact: Rick Majerus has not won big at Saint Louis University in his five years here. Fact: Kwamain Mitchell and Jake Barnett are "back" next year. Fact: Rick Majerus publicly dissed one of his current roster sophomores. Fact: the only additional recruit to the current roster is a 7-footer some have called "a project." War is jobs; jobs are security, security is peace ergo War = Peace. If that is indeed speculation, which it must be, then GUILTY! I guess I'll just engage in whatever speculation I feel like.

1) End of semester.

3) Australian trip date.

Fact: the Rick Majerus era is rife with transfers. Fact: the Billikens have fielded one of the top ten youngest lineups in the nation the last two years. Fact: Spring signing classes have delivered little in terms of servicable players to the Billiken lineup in the recent past. Fact: Rick Majerus has not won big at Saint Louis University in his five years here. Fact: Kwamain Mitchell and Jake Barnett are "back" next year. Fact: Rick Majerus publicly dissed one of his current roster sophomores. Fact: the only additional recruit to the current roster is a 7-footer some have called "a project." War is jobs; jobs are security, security is peace ergo War = Peace. If that is indeed speculation, which it must be, then GUILTY! I guess I'll just engage in whatever speculation I feel like.

You are the hoops version of Ayn Rand. Love it!

1) End of semester.

3) Australian trip date.

Not all of your facts are facts...

Fact - the spring signing period has brought us Cody Ellis, Rob Loe, Jake Barnett and Jordair Jett... Fact - Majerus has been here FOUR years.

Not all of your facts are facts...

Fact - the spring signing period has brought us Cody Ellis, Rob Loe, Jake Barnett and Jordair Jett... Fact - Majerus has been here FOUR years.

And Kyle Cassity.

Taj loves it when he is allowed to speculate, but when Lunardi does nobody else can comment.

1) End of semester.

3) Australian trip date.

In Majerus's four seasons here, the only transfer that didn't announce immediately after the season ended was Brett Thompson. He announced he was transferring in June. Of course, that was after the senior banquet where Majerus called him out in front of the audience.

The transfers in the past 4 seasons occurred as such:

2008 - Maguire, Relphorde, Mitchell, Knollmeyer: All announced as transferring in same April statement.

2009 - Thompson: Announced transfer in June.

D. Lisch: Announced transfer in March.

2010 - J. Jordan: Announced transfer in April.

J. Smith: Announced transfer in April.

J. Reid: Announced transfer in April.

2011 - C. Salecich: Announced transfer in April.

Players I did not include were Reed, John and Cotto. Femi is still at SLU and working toward his degree. Reed essentially dropped out, even though it is stated he is working to get drafted. Cotto left in December 2008. At the time it looked like a transfer, but he never went to another school, so basically he dropped out.

From what I can tell, if a player is going to transfer under Majerus, he is going to make that announcement immediately after the season in April. The only outlier we see in the 4 years under Majerus is Thompson, who waited until June. I would also think it is most common for transfers at all schools to happen in April as that is during the spring signing period and the coaches want to know if anyone is looking to leave so they can sign someone else in their place.

In regards to your other statements, it seems you are assuming that the other possible transfers will be Cory and Cody. You use the Australian trip as a possible 'shoe-dropping date', which can only mean that you feel that Cody will just stay there instead of come back. You also point pout that Majerus has called out a player in the press during his sophomore season, which can only mean Cory. If you are going to make such clear implications regarding specific players, at least own up to them.

In Majerus's four seasons here, the only transfer that didn't announce immediately after the season ended was Brett Thompson. He announced he was transferring in June. Of course, that was after the senior banquet where Majerus called him out in front of the audience.

The transfers in the past 4 seasons occurred as such:

2008 - Maguire, Relphorde, Mitchell, Knollmeyer: All announced as transferring in same April statement.

2009 - Thompson: Announced transfer in June.

D. Lisch: Announced transfer in March.

2010 - J. Jordan: Announced transfer in April.

J. Smith: Announced transfer in April.

J. Reid: Announced transfer in April.

2011 - C. Salecich: Announced transfer in April.

Players I did not include were Reed, John and Cotto. Femi is still at SLU and working toward his degree. Reed essentially dropped out, even though it is stated he is working to get drafted. Cotto left in December 2008. At the time it looked like a transfer, but he never went to another school, so basically he dropped out.

From what I can tell, if a player is going to transfer under Majerus, he is going to make that announcement immediately after the season in April. The only outlier we see in the 4 years under Majerus is Thompson, who waited until June. I would also think it is most common for transfers at all schools to happen in April as that is during the spring signing period and the coaches want to know if anyone is looking to leave so they can sign someone else in their place.

In regards to your other statements, it seems you are assuming that the other possible transfers will be Cory and Cody. You use the Australian trip as a possible 'shoe-dropping date', which can only mean that you feel that Cody will just stay there instead of come back. You also point pout that Majerus has called out a player in the press during his sophomore season, which can only mean Cory. If you are going to make such clear implications regarding specific players, at least own up to them.

jbizzle09 remains my favorite poster (except Jimbo)