PORTER MOSER

AGB91

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's being reported on the Loyola Chicago message board that Porter Moser will be named their new head coach.

Any nominees to take his place?

Would RM consider promoting Tony Young? I don't know if he is ready. Maybe someone closer to the process can provide some input.

If true...good for Porter. Bad for SLU. Like Westy03 said, he is our main guy for recruiting (this is partially Rick's fault, I'll admit that) so it will be interesting to see what happens there. Very happy for Porter.

Good for porter. Looks like Rick will have to work overtime. Theoretically, the recruits should still want to be here. Good team. Good coach. Nothing has really changed with respect to their opportunities at SLU. However, recruiting is rarely a straightforward affair.

Good for Porter if true. I think Loyola is a good fit for him with him being from Chicago. Porter's been a good representative of the school in his time here.

I think we could see one of several responses to this. Majerus could promote Tony Young (or maybe Matt Gordon) to an assistant role and elevate Jensen or Harriman to associate head coach if he feels that someone must have that title. We could also see Majerus bring in a more experienced coach, similar to Moser, to be that "co-head coach" that Porter has been.

Congrats to Mosser and Family

I`m sure he will do a great job,

I'm not so sure he'll do a good job. He represents himself well and seems to recruit well but hasn't demonstrated in game skills.

Usually the loss of an Ast Coach wouldn't phase me that much but there is just so much turmoil with this team it disturbs me.

I'm not so sure he'll do a good job. He represents himself well and seems to recruit well but hasn't demonstrated in game skills.

Usually the loss of an Ast Coach wouldn't phase me that much but there is just so much turmoil with this team it disturbs me.

Porter is a good guy, but I was more upset when we lost Paulie B. We will survive losing Porter.

I predict we could lose a player or two because of this.

I thought you thought we only lost players becuase Rickma was a meanie.

You should be happy. This might actual lead to the hiring of someone that actually wants to recruit the area.

Porter is a good guy, but I was more upset when we lost Paulie B. We will survive losing Porter.

No one could pull off the double breasted suit like paulie could.

I am sad.

I'll miss him drinking you under the table. I don't think we are going to be able to find another assistant to hand us his personal credit card and let us put whatever we want on it at the bar. God bless porter.

I predict we could lose a player or two because of this.

Do you have any inside information you want to share with the rest of us with this supposedly informed position. My guess is that you have no information whatsoever and this is pure rank speculation with no basis.