Majerus rumors

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Anderson to be named arkansas coach tomorrow. Maybe mizzous next coach will sack up and play us.

The guy who broke this story is a reporter from Tulsa and he is now backing away from it. Supposedly Nolan Richardson has, also, said the story is BS.

The guy who broke this story is a reporter from Tulsa and he is now backing away from it. Supposedly Nolan Richardson has, also, said the story is BS.

CBSSports.com is reportting that it might not be announced tomorrow, but it is pretty much a done deal. Probably just trying to get the terms squared away.

CBSSports.com is reportting that it might not be announced tomorrow, but it is pretty much a done deal. Probably just trying to get the terms squared away.

It has been all weekend. Some people think the Mizzou team had a hunch about this possibility for a while, but that's all speculation.

It has been all weekend. Some people think the Mizzou team had a hunch about this possibility for a while, but that's all speculation.

I wonder what the possibility is of Anderson moving to Arkansas and Pearl moving to Mizzou by the end of next week is? I have a feeling that Pearl is done at Rocky Top but won't be jobless long despite NCAA issues.

I wonder what the possibility is of Anderson moving to Arkansas and Pearl moving to Mizzou by the end of next week is? I have a feeling that Pearl is done at Rocky Top but won't be jobless long despite NCAA issues.

I dont know about Pearl to Mizzou. I think his time at Tennessee is over. Truthfully I think he's a better coach than most people would give him credit for.

Pearl would be a great fit at Mizzou seeing as he's a cheating, lying ******.

Pearl may not be done at UT. Supposedly, some influential alums like him and don't like the AD due to the Kiffin fiasco, then not hiring a big name replacement for him. Plus TN fans are po'd he'd bring up Pearl's job status prior to the first game of the tourney. How'd that work out, Vol fans? Just rumors I got from a ticked off TN alum over some beers. As for Mizzery, read the PD article today. It says Anderson has never said he'd not listen to an offer from AK. That plus the CBS article, suggests he wants to go back to Hogland. When a reporter can't reach a prospective hire, it's a sign he's considering his options or has already made up his mind but hasn't informed his current employer.

The kids knew, look at their record. They played very poorly their last 6 games after the rumors started, they went 1-5, took some POUNDINGS, barely beat TT by 2 pts. Coincidence? No. It was smart to bet againt them ATS, they went 0-6.

Pearl may not be done at UT. Supposedly, some influential alums like him and don't like the AD due to the Kiffin fiasco, then not hiring a big name replacement for him. Plus TN fans are po'd he'd bring up Pearl's job status prior to the first game of the tourney. How'd that work out, Vol fans? Just rumors I got from a ticked off TN alum over some beers. As for Mizzery, read the PD article today. It says Anderson has never said he'd not listen to an offer from AK. That plus the CBS article, suggests he wants to go back to Hogland. When a reporter can't reach a prospective hire, it's a sign he's considering his options or has already made up his mind but hasn't informed his current employer.

What you are saying about UT makes sense. The AD may have overplayed his hand and find himself out on the street instead of Pearl.

1. RM is not going to AR - even though some have him rumored to Alaska - or any place else. he will hang up the whistle at SLU whenever it is time. He has also said in public that he has told all the recruits that he is not going anywhere and will be here - you can not make it any clearer.

2. Anderson cares about one thing and one thing only - show me the money! - he has badgered MO every year he has been there for a raise and they have given it to him all but once I think - maybe last year was it - anyway, he came for 750K or there about and he is now at 1.5 million. During this year he approached Alden - it has been reported widely and asked for a raise at the end of the year to 2 million. Alden told him no for then and then Anderson goes out has an inconsistent team this year after starting 14-1 so he is not in a good place to extort more money. Alden and the alums are tired of this dance every year with Anderson and who knows how long they will continue to put up with it. My guess is that if Anderson wants to execute his contract at the money he agreed to then they are fine with that but if he wants them to pony up more then they may just say it has been nice knowing you. How many times can you keep wooing a person before you say - screw it enough is enough.

At this point no one really knows anything re: Mike Anderson. A few reporters from Tulsa have apparently talked to booster(s) and decided that it was rock solid enough to report it, which is a crappy thing about sports journalism because even if they had no idea whatsoever they have a decent enough chance of appearing to be correct. At this point I've heard equal amounts that he's gone and he's staying. I'm sort of numb to it at this point.

At this point Alden has only made one bad hire though while at Mizzou (granted it was a huge one), so I have faith that if CMA walks out the door we'd find someone solid.

At this point no one really knows anything re: Mike Anderson. A few reporters from Tulsa have apparently talked to booster(s) and decided that it was rock solid enough to report it, which is a crappy thing about sports journalism because even if they had no idea whatsoever they have a decent enough chance of appearing to be correct. At this point I've heard equal amounts that he's gone and he's staying. I'm sort of numb to it at this point.

At this point Alden has only made one bad hire though while at Mizzou (granted it was a huge one), so I have faith that if CMA walks out the door we'd find someone solid.

The problem MO has is that they will always be a stepping stone school - if they are interested in hiring someone for 750K - 1 million. Sure they can get a coach from a mid major who making 300K for that kind of money but if they are successful then they will leave for another BCS school who will pay them more. Now I am not saying MO should pay more then they already are because they already have deep financial issues as a school with all the cuts the State has made to them so from a PR standpoint it is hard to justify that kind of money - I know they are paying Pinkel 2 million but he is the football coach and I don't care what anybody says about how much the basketball program makes, it is a poor cousin to the successful MO football program when it comes to how much it makes so you can kind of justify Pinkels to some extent.

Cheesy Cow - your being numb to all this is the point I made in my previous post about the school getting tired of the dance with Anderson every year.

The problem MO has is that they will always be a stepping stone school - if they are interested in hiring someone for 750K - 1 million. Sure they can get a coach from a mid major who making 300K for that kind of money but if they are successful then they will leave for another BCS school who will pay them more. Now I am not saying MO should pay more then they already are because they already have deep financial issues as a school with all the cuts the State has made to them so from a PR standpoint it is hard to justify that kind of money - I know they are paying Pinkel 2 million but he is the football coach and I don't care what anybody says about how much the basketball program makes, it is a poor cousin to the successful MO football program when it comes to how much it makes so you can kind of justify Pinkels to some extent.

Cheesy Cow - your being numb to all this is the point I made in my previous post about the school getting tired of the dance with Anderson every year.

Andersen makes $1.5mm or so.

At some point, he needs to stop this annual flirting with other schools. You can only go to the "I need a riase" well so many times before the alumni will turn on you and say good riddance.

Maybe I've missed this in another thread, but I'm surprised no one is talking about the rumors going around on Twitter and supposedly on Arkansas sports-talk radio that Majerus is being considered to be the next coach of the Razorbacks. I can't see him wanting to start over and turn around another program at his age. Especially when we're so close to turning the corner next year. These are probably just rumors and there's probably nothing to them, but what are your thoughts? I have yet to see any real publications reporting this. Just hearsay on Twitter.

I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if we "turned the corner" in my life time..

Yeah but we pay anderson 1.5 mil a year already. That's really why I'm numb to it. I love CMA and I hope he stays but if not hopefully I won't have to deal with this every single offseason.