Mo St by 13 over the Bills

The Wiz

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Cincinnat-uh guy, I did not say that. I said that we are similar in certain ways, not that we are equals.

The comparison was pretty strong, Misery State guy. Something along the lines of "hanging with them at Cameron."

Either way, even saying Missouri State is similar to Duke is like saying the Bengals this year are similar to the Patriots this year.

...and that is coming from a Bengals fan.

Let's face it Mizzou Mike,

We've got Jesus. And isn't He the reason of the season? So the Christmas angels will be on our side for the game on Saturday.

And if you aren't Christian, we still got the big fat old guy on our side as well ;)

You guys don't have anything but a bunch of coffee makers laced with meth residue.

I can't vouch for how accurate the Darin Hendrickson information is. I got it from someone who is pretty clued in to the inner workings of the SIUE program. I know that he was pretty happy with the NCAA Regional appearance last year, but who knows?

Again, nameless sources to back up your negative remarks toward our baseball program. A potential draw for him to the SIUE program is not ground breaking info. You know nothing more than the usual fan. Just go away.

What is funny about that? I hope that he is on the path to better health and I think he is ever since the USC debacle. I wish the man well. Not a huge fan of him as a coach, but as a human being I could never wish ill upon him.

he told us to "suck it" multiple times but hey guys he would never wish ill upon anyone. I guess that means where he's from they like sucking it?

-One of my best friends goes to SLU. Hates it there. Wants more challenging coursework. Transferring to Ranken.

- If we lose (which won't happen because we absolutely own you in everything) it will be completely unexpected. I would never come back here again.

I can't vouch for how accurate the Darin Hendrickson information is. I got it from someone who is pretty clued in to the inner workings of the SIUE program. I know that he was pretty happy with the NCAA Regional appearance last year, but who knows?

You must've been in that storied SPUMAC journalism school to use such sources so close to the situation. The SPUMAC turned SMS student is close to a SIUE program insider who has info that SLU's baseball coach wants to return to CMSU?

Posted Image

Hey fellow SLU fans don't lose respect for me but I actually applied to SMS. I was thinking of going to Drury and thought I had to to take ROTC at SMS. The main focus of SMS prospective student materials was the layout of their dorm rooms. Not an exaggeration.

What is funny is the fact that the majority of Missouri State is comprised of St. Louis and Kansas City students. We have grown up in the same culture. Whats funny is some of you GO to SLU but you are probably from Pacific, Eureka, Wentzville, Ofallon etc... so you are easily just as hoosier as people from Springfield, if not more.

Now, the only reason you guys are traveling to Springfield for this game is because you are pissed no one showed up last year, when there were just as much, if not more Missouri State fans than there were SLU fans... at home! Not to mention we took over your terrible student section. You are coming because you are pissed, not because you are good. No one cares about you, and after we win, you will just be a stat... so have fun watching Majerus have a heart attack and your team fouling us with 10 seconds left while down 23 points. I hate you, your team and your fan base. You are terrible so suck it ....

Have fun at your shift at the Tasty Freeze...

I love Mizzou trolls.

If you hate SLU so much, why are you here? I've never gone to Tigerboard or whatever they call the Missouri State board because I'm not a fan of either team. Pretty simple.

We can't expect too much from them. They I mean if they look like this... how can we expect them to find their school's basketball blog? Using the internet is a master's program.

Posted Image

I started this thread as a forecast for an upcoming game and it has turned into a troll sandbox.

Maybe someone can explain this to me.

This guy can't stand our board yet he has been a member for 3 years....why?

He can't stand our fans yet he spends time talking to them on our board...why?

He hates everything Billikens yet obsesses about the Bills...why?

A few points of information....

Austin P beat us in the final 4 seconds with the help of a ref....hardly "a waxing"

If Mo. St. played Duke today it would be Duke by 16...not what I would call an evenly matched game.

We lose our 2 best players days before the season starts and are still doing pretty well. If you lose your 2 best players (Weems and Creekmore) days before the season starts you would be 2-7 now and we wouldn't hear a peep from you.

And what's with all this chest beating. I guess it comes from your undefeated record. Oh you are not undefeated...my bad. Well then maybe we should take a closer look to see what all the chest beating is about.

Let's see you lost to Tulsa, a team comparable to SLU. Hmm...not a good omen for you. You lost to Ok St, a team destined for 9th place in the Big 12. And you lost to Tenn. You say Tenn is a good team. Maybe or just over rated. They have lost 2 in a row. The first to Oakland a team battling North Dak St for the Summit League(??) championship...the second loss for the Vols was to Charlotte an A-10 team. I know that means little since you have no respect for the Bills, you probably have no respect for the A-10. Let me translate that into Mo Valley language. Charlotte this year is the equivalent of Bradley in the Mo Valley. Charlotte beat Tennesee...it would be like Bradley beating Tennessee....and Tennesee whipped Mo. St. The preceding paragraph is an indication of why you should not be thumping your chest.

I generally try to stay away from drivel and keep it to basketball. I am sure Mr. Mo. St. will want to come on here and attack me. Have at it. I will not respond other than to point out any inconsistencies. Here is wishing you a good season. You had better pray your team doesn't have any adversity (ineligible players, injuries, etc.) Otherwise your chest thumping days will be over.

How can someone honestly take pride in a win that was fraudulent? It boggles the mind. The ethical thing would have been to forfeit the game.

Kind of how I feel about how someone can take pride in getting a "degree" from Southwest Missouri State...

I started this thread as a forecast for an upcoming game and it has turned into a troll sandbox.

Maybe someone can explain this to me.

This guy can't stand our board yet he has been a member for 3 years....why?

He can't stand our fans yet he spends time talking to them on our board...why?

He hates everything Billikens yet obsesses about the Bills...why?

A few points of information....

Austin P beat us in the final 4 seconds with the help of a ref....hardly "a waxing"

If Mo. St. played Duke today it would be Duke by 16...not what I would call an evenly matched game.

We lose our 2 best players days before the season starts and are still doing pretty well. If you lose your 2 best players (Weems and Creekmore) days before the season starts you would be 2-7 now and we wouldn't hear a peep from you.

And what's with all this chest beating. I guess it comes from your undefeated record. Oh you are not undefeated...my bad. Well then maybe we should take a closer look to see what all the chest beating is about.

Let's see you lost to Tulsa, a team comparable to SLU. Hmm...not a good omen for you. You lost to Ok St, a team destined for 9th place in the Big 12. And you lost to Tenn. You say Tenn is a good team. Maybe or just over rated. They have lost 2 in a row. The first to Oakland a team battling North Dak St for the Summit League(??) championship...the second loss for the Vols was to Charlotte an A-10 team. I know that means little since you have no respect for the Bills, you probably have no respect for the A-10. Let me translate that into Mo Valley language. Charlotte this year is the equivalent of Bradley in the Mo Valley. Charlotte beat Tennesee...it would be like Bradley beating Tennessee....and Tennesee whipped Mo. St. The preceding paragraph is an indication of why you should not be thumping your chest.

I generally try to stay away from drivel and keep it to basketball. I am sure Mr. Mo. St. will want to come on here and attack me. Have at it. I will not respond other than to point out any inconsistencies. Here is wishing you a good season. You had better pray your team doesn't have any adversity (ineligible players, injuries, etc.) Otherwise your chest thumping days will be over.

Wiz,- trying to explain the above to a SMS fan is akin to trying to explain quantum physics to a mountain goat, only the mountain goat might actually understand some of what you say.

I won't attack you friend, I will simply put in my two cents. The whole Duke spiel was just that...nothing but an attempt to get a rise out of you all. It shouuldn't take a SLU diploma on your wall or membership in elite social groups, country clubs, etc to see that. I would say that SLU is comparable to Tulsa, except Wojcik is no Majerus. We were playing that game two days after Tenn and it was the third game in four days. We had no energy and come out completely flat. Oklahoma State, or Okie Lite as it is known informally, will finish better than 9th in the Big 12-2. They've been a tournament team the last two years and defeated A10 media darling La Salle at the Palestra earlier this year. As for Tenn, they lost two questionable games this week. But they have two great wins over Pitt and Villanova. Kind of hard to figure out where they are right now, but to simply point out their two losses and ignore the rest of their body of work is somewhat ignorant. I also would say that Oakland is a superb team. They would finish in the top third of the Valley or even A10 for that matter. No shame in losing that one.

We have had adversity on our team. Adversity is not limited to a school that chooses to punish lower income students for having the audacity to sleep with elitist white girls. We handle adversity without fanfare. There is no Majerus up at the podium whining about Missouri St, Mizzou, SIUC, referees, Father Biondi, commercal flights, etc.

Furthermore, I realize that it is my background (lower middle class from rural area, public school) that has caused so much scorn as much as being an MSU fan and tweaking you all a little bit. As this holiday approaches maybe we should all look in the mirror and try to be more accepting of those from different backgrounds. Just because daddy doesn't make high six figures and can't send me to Chaminade or Horton Watkins does not mean that I cannot have opinions. And be right about many of them. Good day gentlemen (and ladies--I am about inclusion)and I wish you all well. Enjoy the game!

Furthermore, I realize that it is my background (lower middle class from rural area, public school) that has caused so much scorn as much as being an MSU fan and tweaking you all a little bit. As this holiday approaches maybe we should all look in the mirror and try to be more accepting of those from different backgrounds. Just because daddy doesn't make high six figures and can't send me to Chaminade or Horton Watkins does not mean that I cannot have opinions. And be right about many of them. Good day gentlemen (and ladies--I am about inclusion)and I wish you all well. Enjoy the game!

Last time I checked Horton Watkins was a public school. You could have moved to an apartment in Olivette and gone to school there if you really wanted.

I won't attack you friend, I will simply put in my two cents. The whole Duke spiel was just that...nothing but an attempt to get a rise out of you all. It shouuldn't take a SLU diploma on your wall or membership in elite social groups, country clubs, etc to see that. I would say that SLU is comparable to Tulsa, except Wojcik is no Majerus. We were playing that game two days after Tenn and it was the third game in four days. We had no energy and come out completely flat. Oklahoma State, or Okie Lite as it is known informally, will finish better than 9th in the Big 12-2. They've been a tournament team the last two years and defeated A10 media darling La Salle at the Palestra earlier this year. As for Tenn, they lost two questionable games this week. But they have two great wins over Pitt and Villanova. Kind of hard to figure out where they are right now, but to simply point out their two losses and ignore the rest of their body of work is somewhat ignorant. I also would say that Oakland is a superb team. They would finish in the top third of the Valley or even A10 for that matter. No shame in losing that one.

We have had adversity on our team. Adversity is not limited to a school that chooses to punish lower income students for having the audacity to sleep with elitist white girls. We handle adversity without fanfare. There is no Majerus up at the podium whining about Missouri St, Mizzou, SIUC, referees, Father Biondi, commercal flights, etc.

Here are a couple nice quotes:

MizzouMike:Pleural, huh? Not familiar with that word. And yes I assume you are a St. Louisian, please tell me more about your high school. There is nothing that you fine folks had rather talk about. DeSmet? SLUH? Whitfield? Inform me of how much better it is than Springfield Hillcrest for example.

MizzouMike:I'm not familiar with Voldemort(sp?). Is he another soft Australian that Rick is recruiting or perhaps he is a New Zealander?

So let me ask you this MM...you like to tell others to be more accepting of people from different backgrounds yet you stereotype St. Louisans in general, as well as Australians.

Hypocrite: A person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings (aka - MizzouMike)

You want us to send a full length mirror to the park or just a handheld. Owned.

Well, I'm not going to bother with any of the previous posts of the thread and try to get back to a civil discussion of a good game of basketball. Interesting that the Bears haven't crossed paths with Mitchell in these last two games. I'll admit, he could have changed the make-up of last years game since we struggled on the road all of last year. The Bears are very good at home and regardless of what kind of crowd shows up tonight, I don't think the Billikens can afford a first half like they had vs. Jacksonville.

As for the discontinuing of the SLU/Missouri State series - Bears have already committed to a good number of road games and the contract with SLU ends with tonight's game. Its not like Missouri State has just up and said "oh yeah - we don't want to play you anymore." I'm sure if SLU was in this situation, it could even be spun a different way but we'll never know. It didn't help matter when Coach Majerus says that the Bears were "afraid to lose." I'd argue that if SLU is improving, then it is definitely a game we need to keep on the schedule in the future.

For those making the trip, I'm curious of your thoughts of JQH Arena. I've been to Chaifetz many times and I like how the seats are on top of the action but think there's a lot of exposed concrete that could use some blue paint or something.

Should be a good game tonight. Best of luck to the Billikens but Go Bears!

Well, I'm not going to bother with any of the previous posts of the thread and try to get back to a civil discussion of a good game of basketball. Interesting that the Bears haven't crossed paths with Mitchell in these last two games. I'll admit, he could have changed the make-up of last years game since we struggled on the road all of last year. The Bears are very good at home and regardless of what kind of crowd shows up tonight, I don't think the Billikens can afford a first half like they had vs. Jacksonville.

As for the discontinuing of the SLU/Missouri State series - Bears have already committed to a good number of road games and the contract with SLU ends with tonight's game. Its not like Missouri State has just up and said "oh yeah - we don't want to play you anymore." I'm sure if SLU was in this situation, it could even be spun a different way but we'll never know. It didn't help matter when Coach Majerus says that the Bears were "afraid to lose." I'd argue that if SLU is improving, then it is definitely a game we need to keep on the schedule in the future.

For those making the trip, I'm curious of your thoughts of JQH Arena. I've been to Chaifetz many times and I like how the seats are on top of the action but think there's a lot of exposed concrete that could use some blue paint or something.

Should be a good game tonight. Best of luck to the Billikens but Go Bears!

Nice to hear from a sane poster! I will respond tomorrow after we get back from the game in ref to JQH.

I would say that SLU is comparable to Tulsa, except Wojcik is no Majerus. We were playing that game two days after Tenn and it was the third game in four days. We had no energy and come out completely flat. Oklahoma State, or Okie Lite as it is known informally, will finish better than 9th in the Big 12-2. They've been a tournament team the last two years and defeated A10 media darling La Salle at the Palestra earlier this year. As for Tenn, they lost two questionable games this week. But they have two great wins over Pitt and Villanova. Kind of hard to figure out where they are right now, but to simply point out their two losses and ignore the rest of their body of work is somewhat ignorant. I also would say that Oakland is a superb team. They would finish in the top third of the Valley or even A10 for that matter. No shame in losing that one.

So you agree that Tulsa is comparable to SLU ...Tulsa a team that beat you. Interesting explanations on your losses. So when we lose it is because we are bad...when you lose it is because of special circumstances. I see.

Just a couple of points of information. Regarding Tenn.. a good team but not an elite team...a Duke would not lose to Oakland or especially Charlotte. If you wish to keep Tenn as an elite team ..fine if it helps explain your loss to them..but after this weekend Tenn will be unranked.

Ok St, another good team... but yes they are headed for 9th in the Big 12...I know this is hard to swallow..it would make you guys look so much better if they finish higher than Kansas but it ain't gonna happen.

My projected Big 12 finish

1) Kan

2) Kan St

3) Baylor

4) Tex

5) Tex AM

6) Ia St

7) Mizzou--sorry, this will probably rankle you too, but it is what it is

8) Neb

9) Ok St

With a good run Ok St could finish as high as 7th but not in the top half. If it will make you feel better I could swap the Mizzou and Ok St positions. I suppose you could claim Mo St is better than Mizzou but that would be like kissing your sister. (Btw, Mo St by 3 over Mizzou at JQH...if they played...see we can make you feel good after all)

In the end Mo St has dropped us from future games yet will keep the Ark States of the world on their schedule. As we continue to improve, a pre conference loss to us in future years wouldn't look good on your record.

Hmm...maybe the Bears know something and see the handwriting on the wall.

In the end Mo St has dropped us from future games yet will keep the Ark States of the world on their schedule. As we continue to improve, a pre conference loss to us in future years wouldn't look good on your record.

Hmm...maybe the Bears know something and see the handwriting on the wall.

Friend, I respect your opinions but your Big 12-2 predictions are horrendous. Texas is way too high as is Texas Aggie. OSU is much better than ISU and Nebraska and probably Texas in fact.

Our schedule is pretty good. I find the Arky State comment laughable when you all always schedule at least one D2 team every year. Rockhurst, really? And if you read the Post-Dispatch, it is Cuonzo's intention to get SLU back on the schedule as soon as possible. We wouldn't run from a mediocrity. Aren't you all always improving though? Every year is supposed to be THE year. I don't think what you are saying holds water, but that is just me. Furthermore, we own this series all time, why would we run?

Here are a couple nice quotes:

MizzouMike:Pleural, huh? Not familiar with that word. And yes I assume you are a St. Louisian, please tell me more about your high school. There is nothing that you fine folks had rather talk about. DeSmet? SLUH? Whitfield? Inform me of how much better it is than Springfield Hillcrest for example.

MizzouMike:I'm not familiar with Voldemort(sp?). Is he another soft Australian that Rick is recruiting or perhaps he is a New Zealander?

So let me ask you this MM...you like to tell others to be more accepting of people from different backgrounds yet you stereotype St. Louisans in general, as well as Australians.

Hypocrite: A person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings (aka - MizzouMike)

You want us to send a full length mirror to the park or just a handheld. Owned.

Yesterday I was rather upset with some of the things that were said here. I am far from perfect so I did retaliate which shows poor judgment on my part. I'll own up to that. I should not have said some of the things that I did. And I regret that but at the same time clearly I was provoked.

Yesterday I was rather upset with some of the things that were said here. I am far from perfect so I did retaliate which shows poor judgment on my part. I'll own up to that. I should not have said some of the things that I did. And I regret that but at the same time clearly I was provoked.

What did you think would happen when you came on a SLU message board talking crap?

You may have been provoked but since this is a Billiken board that is to be expected. You are either very naive or an ######.