Shot for cash

I agree!

Not Many of you may know it but I have a Masters Degree in Anger Management and am board certified in anger therapy. The anger reflected in Billiken Roy's statements is extremely hurtful. Billiken Roy's "joke" about "throwing a ball" in Guy's direction is in fact a crypto-fascist metaphor for rape.

:lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found that throwing it overhand, like a football (think Lebron James), is more accurate than trying to shoot it or heave it with two hands from the waist.

So I should hold a press conference before the shot proclaiming my desire to take my talents to south grand?

I prefer shooting it like a normal shot- it's really not that difficult of a shot....

Agreed. Basketballs are too big to keep on line and accurate when you try to chuck them like a football instead of just using your legs more and bringing your arms down just a little extra. I wouldn't bring the ball down to my waist, though, or bring it too far down on my side; people underrate the strength you get from the legs. I don't know, maybe I can't throw it football-style very well because I have small hands. I guess everyone has a different technique.

Agreed. Basketballs are too big to keep on line and accurate when you try to chuck them like a football instead of just using your legs more and bringing your arms down just a little extra. I wouldn't bring the ball down to my waist, though, or bring it too far down on my side; people underrate the strength you get from the legs. I don't know, maybe I can't throw it football-style very well because I have small hands. I guess everyone has a different technique.

I'll probably just put on my nba jam shoes and dunk it.

If they let you have even a short running start, I don't see why not.

Sorry about that tough Bombers loss this weekend.

It was a miserable sports weekend overall... Billikens, bengals, and bombers all going down.

I follow a lot of B-teams. weird.

Your wife or girlfriend has my apologies :D

I always wonder why no one does this. They usually shoot it like a long freethrow and end up falling way short.....

because unless you're a total *****, a regular shove-it shot from the opposite free throw line shouldn't even be that hard. i probably can't bench my own weight, but i can throw a basketball over them mountains. i want to gotdamn smack those clowns that throw up airballs during the shot for cash...

because unless you're a total *****, a regular shove-it shot from the opposite free throw line shouldn't even be that hard. i probably can't bench my own weight, but i can throw a basketball over them mountains. i want to gotdamn smack those clowns that throw up airballs during the shot for cash...

I'm guessing you are one of those "small hands" mf'ers that were referenced earlier........

My original point was that I don't see how throwing a basketball like a football is somehow more accurate than shooting it like a basketball. If it were, basketball players would do it. If this style works better for you, then you were never very good at shooting a basketball in the first place.

Don't misinterpret Jimbo's posts as hostility, just The Truf ©.

My original point was that I don't see how throwing a basketball like a football is somehow more accurate than shooting it like a basketball. If it were, basketball players would do it. If this style works better for you, then you were never very good at shooting a basketball in the first place.

Don't misinterpret Jimbo's posts as hostility, just The Truf ©.

agreed. Truf.

agree.

Ive also noticed you can always tell if the shooter has a chance before the shot.

If they are dribbling the ball before taking the shot it means they have played ball before and have a chance.

If they hold onto the ball without ever dribbling it an air ball is about to be launched.

agree.

Ive also noticed you can always tell if the shooter has a chance before the shot.

If they are dribbling the ball before taking the shot it means they have played ball before and have a chance.

If they hold onto the ball without ever dribbling it an air ball is about to be launched.

(takes notes)

dribble the ball before the shot...

Just kidding. Watching an airball is painful.

If I airball it, I encourage everyone to boo me.