Willie Reed Sr to be on 550 AM Tomorrow

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard a little earlier tonight that Willie Reed Sr will be on with McGraw Millhaven tomorrow morning on 550 AM sometime in the 9 o'clock hour to talk about his son's recent comments about wanting to return to SLU. Should be interesting.

I have to admit I'm very nervous about what Reed Sr will say about the whole thing. I'm fearful that he could throw a huge bucket of cold water on our hopes and dreams of Willie's return. However, I'm hopeful he will say something like "While we are not happy with how the situation was handled by SLU and believe that Willie did nothing wrong, it is ultimately Jr's decision and he wants to return to SLU, so we're doing everything we can to make that happen." At least this will hopefully give us some clarity on what to expect instead of this thing being drug out until January.

GO BILLS

Just heard a little earlier tonight that Willie Reed Sr will be on with McGraw Millhaven tomorrow morning on 550 AM sometime in the 9 o'clock hour to talk about his son's recent comments about wanting to return to SLU. Should be interesting.

What happened to K State? Did we ever get an answer as to why that fizzled?

What happened to K State? Did we ever get an answer as to why that fizzled?

Because he bleeds blue baby!!! Specifically, "My heart is to be a Billiken. That’s what I want to be, and I don’t want to be anything else." Classic Willie...and if he comes back, the quote of the year...

Because he bleeds blue baby!!! Specifically, "My heart is to be a Billiken. That’s what I want to be, and I don’t want to be anything else." Classic Willie...and if he comes back, the quote of the year...

While I'm sure that is true and all, I'd bet the fact he can be eligible to play this January compared to Dec 2011 may have a little something to do with it too.

While I'm sure that is true and all, I'd bet the fact he can be eligible to play this January compared to Dec 2011 may have a little something to do with it too.

I do too.....but it's fun to pretend...

Exactly. Willie gets to play immediately rather than sitting out until January 2012. Not a real tough choice there.

I will say that I know for a fact K-State was ready with open arms to give him a spot on the team. I think the playing thing has something to do with it. I believe he will go pro after this year if he has a good end of the year and he wouldn't have got that exposure at K-State, Mizzou, etc..

As much of an open mouth as Willie Sr. has he is also a smart man. He's not going to mess this up. Should be good news IMO.

http://www.ktrs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=44&Itemid=397

The 1st Willie Reed Sr interview is posted on the "Sportsnight" page on KTRS.com

I agree with many of the sentiments regarding Reed Sr but before we condemn him for the comments he made shortly after Willie was expelled, let's remember that his son had just been unceremoniously dismissed from his team and school for something he adamantly denied doing. I have two boys myself and would defend them in any way I could if I felt they were treated unjustly, especially if I felt they were being unjustly villified. I honestly don't know if I would have done anything different than Willie's father did

I will say that I know for a fact K-State was ready with open arms to give him a spot on the team. I think the playing thing has something to do with it. I believe he will go pro after this year if he has a good end of the year and he wouldn't have got that exposure at K-State, Mizzou, etc..

As much of an open mouth as Willie Sr. has he is also a smart man. He's not going to mess this up. Should be good news IMO.

Really? They didn't have a scholarship to give him. That would have been the problem.

I sure hope Reed Sr. comes on...I am listening right now to David Eisenhower, President Eisenhower's grandson talking about his new book. In case you are all looking for a thrilling Friday night he will be signing books at the St. Louis Public Library on Lindbergh next to Plaza Frontenac.

Reed Sr. better have good news!!!!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

I sure hope Reed Sr. comes on...I am listening right now to David Eisenhower, President Eisenhower's grandson talking about his new book. In case you are all looking for a thrilling Friday night he will be signing books at the St. Louis Public Library on Lindbergh next to Plaza Frontenac.

Reed Sr. better have good news!!!!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

Another segment of David Eisenhower. Fantastic.

Are you serious??!! I've been waiting forever for it to come out...I am definitely going tonight!

Less Eisenhower, more Will Reed Sr.

Disagree... found it fascinating. Good in-depth Historical interviews like that are hard to come by on radio now days.

That was the most miserable radio segment ever.