Georgia

ACE

The first game was certainly disappointing. But while Doc. B thumps his chest (BTW, didn't he say an AP win was "highly likely"?... a 2-point AP victory, not my idea of "highly likely"), the season is not lost. It is just getting started. We could have and should have beat Austin Peay, but I'm not shocked that we lost either. As I stated earlier, I would also not be shocked if we bounced back and beat Georgia. Did anybody notice that they only beat Mississippi Valley State 72-70 in their opener? Doc B predicts we will get "slaughtered" by Georgia. I expect a roller-coaster early in the season, but I don't think it will all be bad. There is some talent on this team, it is just going to take a little bit for the kids to get comfortable and for the returning players to figure out their new roles without KM and WR.

The first game was certainly disappointing. But while Doc. B thumps his chest (BTW, didn't he say an AP win was "highly likely"?... a 2-point AP victory, not my idea of "highly likely"), the season is not lost. It is just getting started. We could have and should have beat Austin Peay, but I'm not shocked that we lost either. As I stated earlier, I would also not be shocked if we bounced back and beat Georgia. Did anybody notice that they only beat Mississippi Valley State 72-70 in their opener? Doc B predicts we will get "slaughtered" by Georgia. I expect a roller-coaster early in the season, but I don't think it will all be bad. There is some talent on this team, it is just going to take a little bit for the kids to get comfortable and for the returning players to figure out their new roles without KM and WR.

There's a good chance Thompkins will miss the SLU game. His high ankle sprain is severe according to their coach.

What's your prediction for the Georgia game?

What's your prediction for the Georgia game?

I predict we will not get "slaughtered" by Georgia. It's early in the season and there is a lot of uncertainty for both teams. We lost our best two players right before the start of the season and have four freshman who will be gettig significant minutes in just their second game against a D1 opponent. Georgia may be without their best player, is coming off a scare against a bad team and will be playing their first road game. Sounds like a toss up to me. I just don't buy the idea that this is a certain loss. Do you have a prediction?

I predict we will not get "slaughtered" by Georgia. It's early in the season and there is a lot of uncertainty for both teams. We lost our best two players right before the start of the season and have four freshman who will be gettig significant minutes in just their second game against a D1 opponent. Georgia may be without their best player, is coming off a scare against a bad team and will be playing their first road game. Sounds like a toss up to me. I just don't buy the idea that this is a certain loss. Do you have a prediction?

I'm going to predict an ugly Billiken victory (do we have any other kind?). We are young and green, but we're supposed to be talented. Georgia will also be shorthanded and on the road. I hope we have a good crowd. The 6th man could be the difference in this one.

Anyone ever take the Real Age test (www.realage.com)?

In calculating your Real Age, it asks you, "Are you a fan of the Saint Louis University Billikens?"

If you answer "Yes," your Real Age skyrockets.

that explains why I felt about 102 after Friday's game...

Jerry Rice was on fire for MSVS when they played Georgia.

I thought DocB was nuts with his AP prediction but I agree with him on this one.

I just dont see SLU having much of a shot.

Hopefully they keep it close and can steal one at the end but Im affaid it could get ugly quickly.

Jerry Rice was on fire for MSVS when they played Georgia.

I thought DocB was nuts with his AP prediction but I agree with him on this one.

I just dont see SLU having much of a shot.

Hopefully they keep it close and can steal one at the end but Im affaid it could get ugly quickly.

If Thompkins doesn't play or is limited (it looks like he will be out), SLU definitely has a shot...I'm not saying they'll win, but they will have a shot...

http://dawg-extra.blogspot.com/2010/11/few-more-notes-murray-thompkins-injury.html

I'm going to predict an ugly Billiken victory (do we have any other kind?). We are young and green, but we're supposed to be talented. Georgia will also be shorthanded and on the road. I hope we have a good crowd. The 6th man could be the difference in this one.

I am an eternal optimist but after watching us have ZERO post presence against ROCK U and get crushed on the boards against Austin Peay I don't think we keep it with in 10 points against the Bulldogs. Losing KM and WR has forced too many of our role players to play out of position and too many minutes. We are not a good team right now. I AM optimistic that we will improve as the year goes along but chalk this year up to development.

Anybody watching the Northeastern-Carbondale game? Northeastern is pretty damn tough...quick, lanky, athletic, and they can all shoot the 3...they remind me of Austin Peay on steroids...

Was thinking the same thing. Every game will be a challenge this year...Until Kwamain and Willie come back.

Unbelievable! The SAME travesty that occurred during our Austin Peay game happened to Carbondale against Northeastern...the refs called a phantom/questionable foul AGAINST the home team (Carbondale) with less than 5 seconds left...The refs need to swallow their damn whistles!!!...

Northeastern is going to dominate us. More athletic + way bigger + Chaisson Allen (6'4 scoring guard) ...

it has really come to this huh?..

I really don't see why people are so doom and gloom. I'll give you bigger but more athletic is questionable(even though our athletes are mostly freshmen and guards). 6'4 Scoring guard Kyle Cassity.

Will it be tough? Yes. Will they dominate? No. Rick Majerus scouting and in game coaching will give us the X factor.

I really don't see why people are so doom and gloom. I'll give you bigger but more athletic is questionable(even though our athletes are mostly freshmen and guards). 6'4 Scoring guard Kyle Cassity.

Will it be tough? Yes. Will they dominate? No. Rick Majerus scouting and in game coaching will give us the X factor.

+1.

With Majerus, I always give us a chance. A lot can be said of a team coming in as a hungry underdog. We will at least keep it close, but I see us getting the W.

georgia RPI: 77

slu RPI: 193

i think we actually have a real good chance against georgia. we have a bad habit of playing down to the level of the team we're playing that night, which is why i tihnk we looked worse off then we actually are in the first two games. we need to start playing the whole 40 minutes instead of just the last 20. once we start taking advantage of shot opportunities instead of throwing the ball around like scared freshman (nothing against our freshman) we will be much better off and i feel like there's already been a lot of improvement in the first few games. i wish people would stop being so pessimistic