Billikens vs Austin Peay GDT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne Evans gets a triple double and we win by 40! B)

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wow, what are you smoking? Whatever it is, meet up with me at the game tonight because it must be some good stuff :lol:

I'm with SLUDrew, I think it will be a close, low scoring game tonight. We have 6 players returning from last years team and 7 new players (4 Freshman and 3 Juco's). So it will be intresting to see how the newcomers will play in their first game.

Hopefully history will repeat itself and the Govs come up on top against SLU again. But if one had to guess, I'm sure all of you hope that doesn't happen. Good luck tonight and here's to a good game!

Let's Go Peay!

btw..

I've been to St. Louis plenty of times to watch the Predators and Blues, so I'm familiar with the downtown area. Are there any kind of restraunts near the arena and how close is the arena to downtown? Or is it in downtown? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It's basically just west of downtown. There is a smattering of bars and restaurants on Olive, just east of Grand - this site can give you some more info: http://www.midtownalley.com/

btw..

I've been to St. Louis plenty of times to watch the Predators and Blues, so I'm familiar with the downtown area. Are there any kind of restraunts near the arena and how close is the arena to downtown? Or is it in downtown? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

We're 20 blocks west of downtown. Two blocks north of Chaifetz is an up-and-coming district called Midtown Alley. I know you southern folk are picky about your 'cue, but virtually everyone on this board would recommend Pappy's, on Cardinal about a block east of Compton (the street our arena is on). There's a great Neapolitan pizza joint called The Good Pie that we like even though the owner went to Xavier ;), a good sandwich place called The U and a decent microbrewery called Buffalo, all right there.

A block further north and a few blocks over is the Fountain on Locust, a soups, sandwiches and ice cream place where they serve Majerus' mom's chili recipe. A little west on Olive/Lindell, Triumph Grill -- a bit more upscale, but still affordable. And Vito's, an Italian pizza place that's been around since before the boom that paralleled the building of Chaifetz.

Wow, what are you smoking? Whatever it is, meet up with me at the game tonight because it must be some good stuff :lol:

I'm with SLUDrew, I think it will be a close, low scoring game tonight. We have 6 players returning from last years team and 7 new players (4 Freshman and 3 Juco's). So it will be intresting to see how the newcomers will play in their first game.

Hopefully history will repeat itself and the Govs come up on top against SLU again. But if one had to guess, I'm sure all of you hope that doesn't happen. Good luck tonight and here's to a good game!

Let's Go Peay!

I honestly don't believe my prediction, thus the smiley. I do think he CAN get a double double. I think its back and forth until the last 7 minutes and then bills win by 8. Our free throw shooting wins this game :)

Thanks for the info everyone. I have actually been to The Good Pie and it was very good. Never been to Pappy's though so might have to check it out. Thanks again and I might be bias, but Let's Go Peay sounds a LOT better than "Go Nads." :lol:

There will probably be a long line at Pappys but it goes by fairly quick. Fantastic BBQ.

Thanks for the info everyone. I have actually been to The Good Pie and it was very good. Never been to Pappy's though so might have to check it out. Thanks again and I might be bias, but Let's Go Peay sounds a LOT better than "Go Nads." :lol:

Pappy's is awesome but they don't serve beer. I like Buffalo Brewing Co a lot too, pretty good beer and their Burgers (try the Blue Cheese one) and homemade chips are tasty.

Another St. Louis staple that is a little closer to downtown is Schlafly Tap Room at Locust and 21st, which now is the biggest domestic St. Louis brewery. Fairly close drive. Great selection of beer, good food, and that old building gives it great character.

Not a big fan of The Good Pie.

http://www.apsugovernors.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16900&SPID=10132&SPSID=85722

Nice video on the website, particularly the song in the background. Real ninja roll call, off of the Crunk Juice album. One of my favorites.

I know it's not actually "ninja."

NO. Game is at 730.

Portland beating UWM by 20 is no big deal. I know enough about the program to know that if Portland is as good as we say they are they are def 20 points better then UW-Milwaukee. I still think we can handle them personally. Id be blown away if we didnt beat UWM, maybe not as much because of our defensive style but i think itd be a dominating win.