Majerus on 590 tomorrow

StlBills

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about the team being better without Reed and Mitchell?

People are constantly saying the team will win 20-22 wins this season in other threads and get into the NIT or on the Bubble for the Ncaa.

That is a very heavy expectation to put on this team. Last years' team snuck under the radar for most of the year and got hot at the end.

This years' team will not sneak under the radar, everyone in conference now knows the strengths. On top of that the roster loses it's two best players (guys who can create their own shot and impact the defensive end), no questions asked. On top of that the OOC Schedule is harder this season and the A-10 is deeper in talent (not just top heavy). On top of that the school donors, season ticket holders are questioning the program and giving doubt.

Anything more than going to the CBI is a pretty big over-achievement. CBI would be a fair assesment for this team right now and CBI with that schedule in a top 7 conference in the country would be right around 17 or 18 wins (without Rockhurst for obvious reasons).

People are constantly saying the team will win 20-22 wins this season in other threads and get into the NIT or on the Bubble for the Ncaa.

That is a very heavy expectation to put on this team. Last years' team snuck under the radar for most of the year and got hot at the end.

This years' team will not sneak under the radar, everyone in conference now knows the strengths. On top of that the roster loses it's two best players (guys who can create their own shot and impact the defensive end), no questions asked. On top of that the OOC Schedule is harder this season and the A-10 is deeper in talent (not just top heavy). On top of that the school donors, season ticket holders are questioning the program and giving doubt.

Anything more than going to the CBI is a pretty big over-achievement. CBI would be a fair assesment for this team right now and CBI with that schedule in a top 7 conference in the country would be right around 17 or 18 wins (without Rockhurst for obvious reasons).

you still didnt answer sshoe's question.

Some people are predicting 20-22 wins, but I'm pretty sure that most are suggesting this record is only possible if Kwamain returns for the second half of the season. Otherwise, very few people (different from "constantly") are predicting this.

There is also not a single person on this board who is suggesting we're better off without Willie and/or Kwamain.

You seem like a previous poster. Postcard?

Some people are predicting 20-22 wins, but I'm pretty sure that most are suggesting this record is only possible if Kwamain returns for the second half of the season. Otherwise, very few people (different from "constantly") are predicting this.

There is also not a single person on this board who is suggesting we're better off without Willie and/or Kwamain.

You seem like a previous poster. Postcard?

Well, it all depends on when Mitchell is allowed back. Since he is suspended from school does he have to wait until the beginning of second semester (Jan 14?) or can he come back before Jan. 1.

If it's Jan. 14 you have to add on at least two weeks for him to get back into practice mode, game shape, etc, etc and by that time it is February and the season is pretty much lost.

If he cannot play until second semester starts he might as well red-shirt.

Even with Mitchell back it is a stretch to see 20 plus wins (not including Rockhurst).

Also, I am not any poster from before. I am a Billikens fan on the Left Coast, born and raised in the STL, who just discovered this board while doing a google search. I am trying to keep an even keel for this season and CBI is fair.

"Sneaking under the radar" applies more to the media's ignorance of our program. The other coaches in the league knew what we were about. The only time I think we snuck up on another team was when we played Richmond in Cody's first game, and they had no chance to scout him. They were certainly ready to play us the second time around.

Haha, yeah. It's like he was working so hard to save his two golden child's this offseason he didn't even remember his name.

I like to be optimistic going into this season, but it is hard right now. Just total dissary with the roster, team, school, supporters, etc.

Let's hope for 18 wins (not including Rockhurst) but I understand if less happens. I am actually looking forward to 2011-12!!

I started playing a drinking game where I do a shot everytime BillyBilly says '18 wins' in a thread. I believe the count is at 18.

Billy...we get it, you predict 18 wins! I'm just glad you didn't create another thread about it.

Billy "im not including Rockhurt in my win count" Billy

"Sneaking under the radar" applies more to the media's ignorance of our program. The other coaches in the league knew what we were about. The only time I think we snuck up on another team was when we played Richmond in Cody's first game, and they had no chance to scout him. They were certainly ready to play us the second time around.

Fine, then take away an extra victory, a non-win vs. Rockhurst, mix in the harder schedule, deeper conference and a lesser talented roster and it is not hard to imagine why I realistically think this team will win 1 or 2 less games than last season.

I'd say I am being pretty fair to expect to go to the CBI again and if they overachieve maybe the NIT. The NCAA Tournament is now a pipe dream.

Fine, then take away an extra victory, a non-win vs. Rockhurst, mix in the harder schedule, deeper conference and a lesser talented roster and it is not hard to imagine why I realistically think this team will win 1 or 2 less games than last season.

I'd say I am being pretty fair to expect to go to the CBI again and if they overachieve maybe the NIT. The NCAA Tournament is now a pipe dream.

Could this actually be Metz? or is it Posty/Billiphan?

I am my own person.

I don't make fun of people, swear or any of that nature.

I just have a fairly realistic opinion on our Billikens. Can they overachieve and be a bubble team or a solid NIT team, yes. Will they? Time will tell. But to be safe I say CBI.

Sorry that angers people.

Posted Image

What is he saying that makes everyone think he's a troll. We lost our 2 best players making imo the results of this season much more up in the air than any I can remember.

Paraphrasing:

Program is in shambles...

People are predicting that we'll be better with KM and WR...

Just two i can remember off the top of my head.

What is he saying that makes everyone think he's a troll. We lost our 2 best players making imo the results of this season much more up in the air than any I can remember.

I don't think he is a troll. However, I can see where people are getting a little irritated with the repeated emphasis on the same thing (18 wins, CBI bid, etc.)

On another note, for anyone concerned that it will take KM anytime to get back into shape and play well if he comes back in the 2nd semester, I think we just need to look at one Cody Ellis. He was definitely out of shape and had only a chance to practice with the team for a few days when he came on and yet instantly became the 3rd best player on the team. Remember, KM now has 2 years under his belt with Majerus. He knows the system. And, if he plans on playing in the 2nd semester, I do not think he will come in out of game shape. He spent the whole summer playing and I bet he spends the next two months playing pickup games and working out getting himself ready.

KM is a great player and the moment he is ready to join the team, he will be logging his miniutes and contributing. That I do not doubt.

A dead give-away is his repeated defenses - I really am a SLU fan, I'm just being realistic; plus lecturing others for being overly optimistic... it is an act that we have seen before.

Paraphrasing:

Program is in shambles...

People are predicting that we'll be better with KM and WR...

Just two i can remember off the top of my head.

I guess I should have explained. Behind the scenes the program is in shambles and that could trickle over to on the court problems this year and the following year.

Maybe I need to stop repeating what I am saying, however I think I can justify everything said in terms of predictions and facts of the conference being better, the schedule being harder and our roster being worse than last season.

I disagree, the roster we have now is not less talented than last years. The additional players this year are a definite upgrade over a few we have lost, not counting KM.

I disagree, the roster we have now is not less talented than last years. The additional players this year are a definite upgrade over a few we have lost, not counting KM.

I agree the freshmen are not less talented, just less experienced.