Willie Reed SR> on KFNS

pakapablo

Reed Sr. states he has requested a release and Chris May is dragging his feet. Reed Sr. has arrived in town today to seek the release in person. States his son will be transferring but is not at liberty to announce the school at this time.

-willie sr said SLU is dragging its feet with the release for WR as they asked yesterday at 5pm and don't have it yet - wow, unrealistic expectation?

-also seemed like they have a new school for WR selected, did not come out and say it but sure made it seem that way, tampering?

purely a guess on my part no inside info to say such, but if i was slu AD i would tell the reed's no release without some sort of release signed on reeds part insuring no future legal action. not saying slu did anything wrong or not. just trying to avert future time trouble and expense. i.e. put it behind me.

that said, with this info from the reed family of there future intentions towards slu, we can most assuredly write off willie reed as a returning billiken.

good god slu give the kid his release and let's move on.

purely a guess on my part no inside info to say such, but if i was slu AD i would tell the reed's no release without some sort of release signed on reeds part insuring no future legal action. not saying slu did anything wrong or not. just trying to avert future time trouble and expense. i.e. put it behind me.

that said, with this info from the reed family of there future intentions towards slu, we can most assuredly write off willie reed as a returning billiken.

good god slu give the kid his release and let's move on.

I hope the Reed family sues and wins big. I've already informed Chris May and FR Biondi that I will no longer support this university, I hope others do the same.

This is really screwed up. So Jon Smith admits in writing to the police he is the one to sleep with the girl. What is going on around here?

And Willie Sr. says his son did NOTHING. Not sure kids always tell their parents the EXACT details of situations like this..................

And Willie Sr. says his son did NOTHING. Not sure kids always tell their parents the EXACT details of situations like this..................

-that thought crossed my mind as well as did how WR's senior year in high school was handled, but they are insistent he did nothing wrong to get suspended/ejected/expelled/un-enrolled or whatever we want to call it

-i agree with roy, give the release, not sure if you can bargain scholarship release with a legal release from any claims but worth a try, and let's move forward

-where does WR go to play????

-that thought crossed my mind as well as did how WR's senior year in high school was handled, but they are insistent he did nothing wrong to get suspended/ejected/expelled/un-enrolled or whatever we want to call it

-i agree with roy, give the release, not sure if you can bargain scholarship release with a legal release from any claims but worth a try, and let's move forward

TOTAL speculation but what IF it is MIZ? Can you imagine the bad blood hell fire that would be unleashed between the fan bases........................

Other than shame and negative public relations pressure, the Reed family cannot make SLU give the release. SLU probably wants this go away and will not wait too long but thre is nothing to prevent the parties from negotiating a Release of All Claims in exchange for a Release of WR's athletic scholarship.

Frank said that he's spoken with some NCAA people and KM can be eligible to play in the spring. However he also thought that they may just redshirt him.

Hopefully RM and PM are waiting for Mr.Reed when he gets to town for a sit down outlaying Willie's options.

If Willie is released and Kwamain comes back, I say redshirt KM. Let the young guys take their lumps...again and be ready for a run next year.

RM and Porter need to play spin doctor and get Willie to come back.

i don't think WR fits CMA's system at all.

I think he fits in perfectly.

The biggest problem with Reed is his lack of endurance but in CMA's offense you only play a few minutes at a time.

He's big, quick, and athletic. He is a pefect big man for that type of system.

TOTAL speculation but what IF it is MIZ? Can you imagine the bad blood hell fire that would be unleashed between the fan bases........................

Not sure there's room for him on Mizzou's roster really. I don't mean that I don't think he's talented enough (clearly he is) but Mizzou already has Safford, Bowers, Ratliffe, Underwood, Moore, and Green in the frontcourt. Not sure there's enough of a need to absorb the PR hit for "character concerns."

I think he fits in perfectly.

The biggest problem with Reed is his lack of endurance but in CMA's offense you only play a few minutes at a time.

He's big, quick, and athletic. He is a pefect big man for that type of system.

First person in history to say that lack of endurance won't hinder you in CMA's offense. Serious?

Hopefully RM and PM are waiting for Mr.Reed when he gets to town for a sit down outlaying Willie's options.

If Willie is released and Kwamain comes back, I say redshirt KM. Let the young guys take their lumps...again and be ready for a run next year.

RM and Porter need to play spin doctor and get Willie to come back.

-i haven't gotten to pg 2 of this thread yet so sorry if already mentioned, but someone in the media said yesterday Rick was in Milwaukee with his mother

First person in history to say that lack of endurance won't hinder you in CMA's offense. Serious?

I think he would hold up better playing the quick shifts that MA uses.

He has trouble staying on the court for long periods of time. But with Anderson you are only out there for 5-6 minutes stretches and then you get a breather.

You have to be in great shape to play in CMA offense but its a different type of endurance.

The better players on mike Anderson's teams play about 20-23 minutes a game. Reed could easily handle that. The stars on a RM team sometimes are asked to play 35 minutes a game.

I think he would hold up better playing the quick shifts that MA uses.

He has trouble staying on the court for long periods of time. But with Anderson you are only out there for 5-6 minutes stretches and then you get a breather.

You have to be in great shape to play in CMA offense but its a different type of endurance.

The better players on mike Anderson's teams play about 20-23 minutes a game. Reed could easily handle that. The stars on a RM team sometimes are asked to play 35 minutes a game.

20-23 minutes at mizzou's pace is a lot different than 20-23 minutes at SLU's pace.