Too earl for an offer?

NH

Teamrameybasketball.com won the 10-U national aau championship today. The team is led by Courtney Ramey, who has averaged over 30 ppg in the tournament.

Lets get in on this kid early before it's too late like it was with Beal and Mclemore :lol:.

i wouldn't say it was too late with beal or mclemore. they simply wanted big time programs. we could have been recruiting them at age 8 and if they want to play on consistent final four teams it isn't going to matter.

Teamrameybasketball.com won the 10-U national aau championship today. The team is led by Courtney Ramey, who has averaged over 30 ppg in the tournament.

Lets get in on this kid early before it's too late like it was with Beal and Mclemore :lol:.

i wouldn't say it was too late with beal or mclemore. they simply wanted big time programs. we could have been recruiting them at age 8 and if they want to play on consistent final four teams it isn't going to matter.

still, when Florida offers a kid from your town before SLU does it is not a good sign. Seems like the program did a better job of getting in early on biedscheid and granger.

Under 10??????? I knew a lot of great athletes under ten. Then 11. Then 12. Heck, even 18. And a lot of those weren't even the same kids. If you have to be stroking a kid at 10, then, once again, I'm glad it ain't my life's calling. The only person you're stroking here is his old man or woman. Or self-proclaimed entourage. Everybody once again looking to hit their own personal lottery.

Under 10??????? I knew a lot of great athletes under ten. Then 11. Then 12. Heck, even 18. And a lot of those weren't even the same kids. If you have to be stroking a kid at 10, then, once again, I'm glad it ain't my life's calling. The only person you're stroking here is his old man or woman. Or self-proclaimed entourage. Everybody once again looking to hit their own personal lottery.

Well, we'd definitely get national headlines with that one... SLU Signs 5th Grader! Man, these kids have come a long way since I played rec ball in grade 5... complete warmups, refs in full dress, $110 sneaks. We got some ratty old t-shirt that we had turn in so it could be passed onto next year's incoming group and our refs was an overweight dad who rarely moved from midcourt.

Well, we'd definitely get national headlines with that one... SLU Signs 5th Grader! Man, these kids have come a long way since I played rec ball in grade 5... complete warmups, refs in full dress, $110 sneaks. We got some ratty old t-shirt that we had turn in so it could be passed onto next year's incoming group and our refs was an overweight dad who rarely moved from midcourt.

My league wasn't much better. We actually got to keep our T-shirts though. Complete warm ups and the uniforms these little kids wear is ridiculous.

Okay ---- I finally went back and looked at the link ..... first of all, is this kid's name "Courtney Ramey?" And if so, anyone else see a conflict of interest (nee: exploitation) with Ramey basketball placing a YouTube video up of Courtney Ramey? Looks like someone has bought their version of the lottery ticket in this somewhere. We also ought to ask that they change the position nomenclature from "point guard' to one of "ball hog." I didn't commit the whole gangsta rap bullsh*t to memory but I do not recall seeing one ASSIST from this kid whatsoever. Calling him a "point guard" seems somewhat out of sorts to the term and duties said player would have if he indeed did play that particular spot on the floor.

On th epluss side --- I loved the killer crossover --- of course, it is illegal and is indeed carrying the ball but hey, let's train 'em right.

Okay ---- I finally went back and looked at the link ..... first of all, is this kid's name "Courtney Ramey?" And if so, anyone else see a conflict of interest (nee: exploitation) with Ramey basketball placing a YouTube video up of Courtney Ramey? Looks like someone has bought their version of the lottery ticket in this somewhere. We also ought to ask that they change the position nomenclature from "point guard' to one of "ball hog." I didn't commit the whole gangsta rap bullsh*t to memory but I do not recall seeing one ASSIST from this kid whatsoever. Calling him a "point guard" seems somewhat out of sorts to the term and duties said player would have if he indeed did play that particular spot on the floor.

On th epluss side --- I loved the killer crossover --- of course, it is illegal and is indeed carrying the ball but hey, let's train 'em right.

Taj, every 10 year old team has a ball hog... they ought to make it official and give the position a name. "Playing Ballhog... Coach _______'s son. Playing 4 guys watching, passing to Ball Hog, faking D, and rebounding __________, __________, ___________, ___________.

Its obvious that you have not seen this kid as my son has competed against him several times and I have watch lil Courtney play over 12 times this year as well as last year. You are totally off base with the ball hog comment. This kid is special and knows the game better than some high schoolers. I have seen his dad get on him for being to unselfish at times. He runs this team to pure perfection. He is a treat to watch as are all the kids on this team. I suggest you go to their website and find out when they are in town because they play better and more fundamental than most high school teams and i am sure you would get a treat out of watching them play. And the kid is really that good and is a true point guard that scores the ball easily. If you would have watched the entire highlight video you would have seen him demonstrate his ability to Drive, Draw, and Dish on over 10 occasions. Congrats to Team Ramey and Courtney Ramey they are well deserving of their #1 in the nation ranking.

Its obvious that you have not seen this kid as my son has competed against him several times and I have watch lil Courtney play over 12 times this year as well as last year. You are totally off base with the ball hog comment. This kid is special and knows the game better than some high schoolers. I have seen his dad get on him for being to unselfish at times. He runs this team to pure perfection. He is a treat to watch as are all the kids on this team. I suggest you go to their website and find out when they are in town because they play better and more fundamental than most high school teams and i am sure you would get a treat out of watching them play. And the kid is really that good and is a true point guard that scores the ball easily. If you would have watched the entire highlight video you would have seen him demonstrate his ability to Drive, Draw, and Dish on over 10 occasions. Congrats to Team Ramey and Courtney Ramey they are well deserving of their #1 in the nation ranking.

I don't think the majority of the posters on this board would be legally allowed anywhere near a grade school gym to watch these boys play.....

Westy-what's the problem? My boy is 7 weeks old and Hendrickson already been over here to check him out. He has big fingers and maybe left handed.

You better teach that kid some control before he kills somebody

Add my son to the list of the "players to watch". He just turned 9 but is really tall for his age. Yes, I'm only 6' and my wife/his mother is only 5'7" but at this rate, he is going to be 8' tall!!! We all know bigs are hard to find and that being the first to offer is so important. B)

Guest BillikenReport

didn't earl austin jr. write a book on this topic with parents. i think youtube highlight tapes of 10 year olds might be a little over the top.

I think Earl has already finished his second book about crazy sports parents. This kind of stuff is likely in there.