OT: US Starting Lineup v. Algeria

Who do you guys like to start in this huge game tomorrow?

I assume the back 4 will remain the same. I prefer Edu to Clark in the middle. I would probably slide Dempsey up top with Altidore and start Holden at the wing. This gives us some additional creativity up top, plus Holden gives great service and has enough pace to run with Algeria's supposedly speedy wings. Beasley for Holden would be another option.

I'd prefer Torres to Edu or Clark. Torres adds creativity and seems to have that bulldog mentality that you see in a lot of good players. He reminds me quite a bit of Dos Santos for Mexico. Wouldn't mind seeing Gomez get a start up top. Things just seem to click when he's out there. I wouldn't be upset with Buddle though either, as Gomez seems like more of a "super-sub."

Your idea of putting Holden in there and moving Deuce up top ain't bad. I just hope to God that Bradley doesn't do that but with Beasley.

USA!!!!

I'd prefer Torres to Edu or Clark. Torres adds creativity and seems to have that bulldog mentality that you see in a lot of good players. He reminds me quite a bit of Dos Santos for Mexico. Wouldn't mind seeing Gomez get a start up top. Things just seem to click when he's out there. I wouldn't be upset with Buddle though either, as Gomez seems like more of a "super-sub."

Your idea of putting Holden in there and moving Deuce up top ain't bad. I just hope to God that Bradley doesn't do that but with Beasley.

USA!!!!

I say go with Gomez and Altidore up top and start Clark, Dempsey, Bradley and Donovan in the middle.

Gomez complements Altidore well and hopefully his explosiveness would help us jump on top early.

USA!!!!

Torres sucessfully did nothing against Slovenia. He has a bright future, but that isn't tomorrow.

I would like to see Buddle get a chance at some point, but I don't mind Gomez.

I just browsed a similar thread on bigsoccer.com and was astounded to see the number of posters wishing that Altidore doesn't start. I watch a lot of international and EPL soccer, and Altidore is on a whole different level than our other strikers. (Even though he wasn't scoring, he was Hull City's most dangerous player the last 6 weeks of the season.) IMO, Altidore's physical holding play up front was also the difference-make in the 2nd half of the Slovenia game. Why in the world would anyone who follows soccer wish for Altidore not to play?

I just browsed a similar thread on bigsoccer.com and was astounded to see the number of posters wishing that Altidore doesn't start. I watch a lot of international and EPL soccer, and Altidore is on a whole different level than our other strikers. (Even though he wasn't scoring, he was Hull City's most dangerous player the last 6 weeks of the season.) IMO, Altidore's physical holding play up front was also the difference-make in the 2nd half of the Slovenia game. Why in the world would anyone who follows soccer wish for Altidore not to play?

People who think that way are way off. Altidore is the future of American soccer, whether people like it or not. BTW- I agree that he was huge in the 2nd half against Slovenia even though he didn't score. I wish he would run at the D more often, but I'm sure he's just doing what's asked of him.

Torres sucessfully did nothing against Slovenia. He has a bright future, but that isn't tomorrow.

I would like to see Buddle get a chance at some point, but I don't mind Gomez.

Torres had a rough half against Slovenia, but there were bright moments. The Slovenian keeper made a great save on Torres' free kick, which was the same play that he hit the post on in the friendly against Turkey. He was great in the Turkey friendly. I would rather have him in than Clark for sure. If Edu is in, I won't be upset, but I'd prefer Torres

Jozy has played tremendously during this world cup IMO. He is already our best striker and as he matures mentally and emotionally I think he will be outstanding.

I would like to see Herc get a chance to get some minutes, but I don't think it will happen.

I will be pissed if I see Beasley out there. Please God don't let Bradley play Beasley.

Altidore did have a 'stomach ailment' that put his status in question earlier in the week (I think he missed a practice, too), but looks like he's good to go today. I'm with you guys, I don't get the Altidore haters. He's a big part of US Soccer's future.

With Findley unable to go, I'd also like to see Dempsey slide up front with Altidore and Edu take his midfield spot. I would have to think after the disallowed goal Edu is a guy you want on the field.

Does anyone know a good spot downtown to sneak out and catch some of the game? My office is at Broadway and Chestnut.

Altidore did have a 'stomach ailment' that put his status in question earlier in the week (I think he missed a practice, too), but looks like he's good to go today. I'm with you guys, I don't get the Altidore haters. He's a big part of US Soccer's future.

With Findley unable to go, I'd also like to see Dempsey slide up front with Altidore and Edu take his midfield spot. I would have to think after the disallowed goal Edu is a guy you want on the field.

Does anyone know a good spot downtown to sneak out and catch some of the game? My office is at Broadway and Chestnut.

gomez, edu and bornstein all in the starting lineup:

altidore - gomez

dempsey - edu - bradley - donovan

bornstein - bocanegra - demerit - cherundolo

howard

Pistol - Hooters is right there on Chestnut and 7th, but Charlie Gittos is on Pine and 6th. Or you could swing down Broadway and up Market to Mike Shannon's...either way, might want to call ahead and see if they are open this early.

Pistol, Tigin at Broadway and Washington will definitely be open.

There was certainly no work getting done at our office this morning. Simply awesome

I thought I was the only one listening on headphones, and after the goal I saw about 9 fists go up out across the cubicle-covered floor.

I couldn't make it out because my boss' boss' boss was in town walking around, shaking hands. He chatted me up from about the 75th to 78th minute and it was killing me.