Charges will not be filed against SLU players

I agree with what you just posted here, though I would add that if he determines it is necessary, Rick might "take action" internally. He could very easily make any players in violation of rules perform some sort of community service, and no one would know about it.

or towel duty?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexual assault involves intercourse. The french kiss situation you described is sexual abuse.

No, the crime of sexual assault involves intercourse by statute.

No one was charged with the crime.

However, to a lay person, namely this girl, when she complains that she was sexually assaulted, it could have a whole plethora of meanings.

To a lay person, fondling, forced oral sex, etc etc are all sexual assaults.

Nothing against you personally Big Bill, but all of the negative comments have been pure speculation.

At this point all we've had is an allegation and a prosecutor said there is not enough evidence.

Everyone is speculating.

We don't know if any players were drinking.

We don't know if anything at all happened at 3am.

We don't know if any players even had sex with this girl.

At those point, it is only fair to assume the players did nothing that would warrant Rick "taking action."

premature speculation is always a bad thing.

"No charges....for now." Charges could possibly come later? The good thing is that there must not have been evidence showing forcible compulsion or any kind of drugging of the female. If there was, we would be reading a different story right now.

If I had to guess, no charges for now means no charges ever. While TV shows like CSI, Law & Order, and all of their spinoffs aren't necessarily 100% accurate, from watching them you can conclude that most if not all sexual cases are very time sensitive. Evidence may be minimal, and if it isn't processed immediately after an act, it can go away very quickly. Assuming that a previously non-existent eyewitness doesn't come out of nowhere and corroborates the accuser's report, I don't see anything happening from a criminal standpoint.

My guess is that Majerus will simply punish the accused for breaking a team rule. Other than that I don't see much happening. No evidence that anything occured means that likely the school wouldn't have any grounds to punish them, unless there was evidence of them drinking on campus, which from what I have heard didn't occur. Even if it did, first time alcohol offenses don't warrent a very stiff punishment from the school (A $50 fine and alcohol awareness class).

My guess is that Majerus will simply punish the accused for breaking a team rule. Other than that I don't see much happening. No evidence that anything occured means that likely the school wouldn't have any grounds to punish them, unless there was evidence of them drinking on campus, which from what I have heard didn't occur. Even if it did, first time alcohol offenses don't warrent a very stiff punishment from the school (A $50 fine and alcohol awareness class).

Again, nobody has answered this.

What team rule did anyone break?

Again, nobody has answered this.

What team rule did anyone break?

That begs the question: What are the rules? Tough for any of us to know.

I suspect if RM wants to punish any players on the team for any reason, he can figure it out and keep it quiet.

I really don't think SLU is going to pursue any disciplinary action on the rape charge, because their is obviously no physical evidence. Now, if they are going to discipline them because of underage drinking, then they better get ready to sanction most of the student body/

There never was a rape charge - sexual assault not rape.

Sexual assault involves intercourse. The french kiss situation you described is sexual abuse.

To quote a famous ex President - I did not have sex with that woman. Sorry, sexual assault does not require intercourse it could be simply somebody squeezing a butt or a feel of the breast. Intercourse requires penetration.

To quote a famous ex President - I did not have sex with that woman. Sorry, sexual assault does not require intercourse it could be simply somebody squeezing a butt or a feel of the breast. Intercourse requires penetration.

Per Missouri Revised Statute 566.040.1 "A person commits the crime of sexual assault if he has sexual intercourse with another person knowing that he does so without that persons consent."

I was referring to the actual crime that would be committed. To be charged with sexual assault there must be intercourse. And you are correct, intercourse does require penetration. If charged with a crime for squeezing a butt or a feel of the breast, the crime would be sexual abuse. Of course this is not the same in every state, but that's how it is in good ole MO.

Case closed..now, let's see if Biondi/Majerus do anything. In terms of the sexual assault crime, they will not punish them...if they can prove that the players were out drinking at a bar, then Majerus will probably come up with something and hopefully Biondi stays out of it. Plenty of minors drinking at SLU these days. It has already been mentioned in other threads, but it will be interesting to see how Majerus disciplines these guys.

Case closed..now, let's see if Biondi/Majerus do anything. In terms of the sexual assault crime, they will not punish them...if they can prove that the players were out drinking at a bar, then Majerus will probably come up with something and hopefully Biondi stays out of it. Plenty of minors drinking at SLU these days. It has already been mentioned in other threads, but it will be interesting to see how Majerus disciplines these guys.

I doubt we will see any discipline. To do would be pointing fingers and identifying the boys. There are privacy issues at stake.

I doubt we will see any discipline. To do would be pointing fingers and identifying the boys. There are privacy issues at stake.

I have to believe these players will be sitting in front of the University's judicial board in the near future. Just because no criminal charges were brought does not mean this issue is dead. A female student still believes she was raped and I would think the case will go through the University's judicial system. At least the case is dead for now from the criminal side and will be out of the public.

I have to believe these players will be sitting in front of the University's judicial board in the near future. Just because no criminal charges were brought does not mean this issue is dead. A female student still believes she was raped and I would think the case will go through the University's judicial system. At least the case is dead for now from the criminal side and will be out of the public.

+1 Those who believe the problem went away with the decision of the prosecutor not to file charges are deluding themselves. These players could still be expelled by the university. If the female student who alleges she was assaulted went to the police one can only assume she would be willing to give a statement to university administrators. It ain't over.

+1 Those who believe the problem went away with the decision of the prosecutor not to file charges are deluding themselves. These players could still be expelled by the university. If the female student who alleges she was assaulted went to the police one can only assume she would be willing to give a statement to university administrators. It ain't over.

It's going to be the same thing...their word against hers. Can they kick them out? Sure. But who are they going to believe? I agree that there may be some internal things going on, but I don't think they are getting kicked out. If it was clear cut, sure they would get tossed...but I think if it was clear cut these guys would be in jail right about now.

you have to be crazy to think biondi stays out of this. This is over Chris Mays head and he has no idea of what is going on and what is going to happen. Biondi will call the final shots no doubt and Majerus will have some input but this is all rev larry's call and that is scary