OT-Anderson to Oregon?

Come on. Like I suspected, not from a credible source. Probably a Mizzou fan.

Again, I am not holding my breath for the slightest shred of validity. They were also throwing Bruce webber's name into the mix which really leads me to believe it is total BS and is just pot stirring. However, when there is $3 million a year for the taking at a major university with seemingly endlessly deep pockets and great facilities, anything is possible.

Can you provide a link to that rumor? I would be very surprised by that. USC was too far away for RM to be away from his mother, so going to Oregon would make no sense.

St. Louis is also pretty close to Boone County, which I think is more likely.

But he met with Anderson in Texas. If Oregon wants to offer him 3 mil it wreaks of desperation.

Edit: Apparently he's in STL for a wedding, per Oregon's PR dept. Smokescreen perhaps? Who knows. I hate the way sports are turning into TMZ.

hey we'll find out. if the $3 mill is legit, they will hire a very capable coach. personally i dont believe it. as was posted above by johnny jump up (btw johnny, i like your moniker. been meaning to tell you that for awhile) $3 mill would place the new coach amongst the top 5 coaches pay wise and to be honest in the company of what can be argued the best coaches in america.

somebody will bite quickly if this offer is for real. i dont care if it is the worst program and worst location in the country (and it is not), for that kind of coin, someone will take it.

hey we'll find out. if the $3 mill is legit, they will hire a very capable coach. personally i dont believe it. as was posted above by johnny jump up (btw johnny, i like your moniker. been meaning to tell you that for awhile) $3 mill would place the new coach amongst the top 5 coaches pay wise and to be honest in the company of what can be argued the best coaches in america.

somebody will bite quickly if this offer is for real. i dont care if it is the worst program and worst location in the country (and it is not), for that kind of coin, someone will take it.

I'll take it, but only to do what's best for my family. I knew after the season my girls had the offers would come quickly. I hate to leave them and have really enjoyed coaching them. I'm sorry about the individual clinics we have already scheduled for the summer, but like I said, I must do whats best for my family.

I am however going to want my own shoe. The noair hoffmans. Fat kids will get mugged by other fat kids to get their noairs. It will be pure pandamonium. Kids will no longer be able to stretch their feet out exposing their brand new Noair Hoffman's from under the table at Old Country Buffet.

Other players who will wear my shoe.

Tractor Traylor, Corliss Williamson, Charles Barkley, and Kalen Grimes ( there will be a good reason he takes a gun to Dairy Queen next time)

I'll take it, but only to do what's best for my family. I knew after the season my girls had the offers would come quickly. I hate to leave them and have really enjoyed coaching them. I'm sorry about the individual clinics we have already scheduled for the summer, but like I said, I must do whats best for my family.

I am however going to want my own shoe. The noair hoffmans. Fat kids will get mugged by other fat kids to get their noairs. It will be pure pandamonium. Kids will no longer be able to stretch their feet out exposing their brand new Noair Hoffman's from under the table at Old Country Buffet.

Other players who will wear my shoe.

Tractor Traylor, Corliss Williamson, Charles Barkley, and Kalen Grimes ( there will be a good reason he takes a gun to Dairy Queen next time)

cackling at the whole gotdamn post.

Again, I am not holding my breath for the slightest shred of validity. They were also throwing Bruce webber's name into the mix which really leads me to believe it is total BS and is just pot stirring. However, when there is $3 million a year for the taking at a major university with seemingly endlessly deep pockets and great facilities, anything is possible.

$3M with a brand new arena on the way v. $1.55M always playing second fiddle, at best, to Kansas-Anderson should take the UO job. Add the seemingly unlimited backing of Nike at a rising big time sports oriented school, with close access to the nation's most populous state, it's a no brainer.

In the words of Hawk Harrelson, "He gone," that or Anderson will cash in with a big raise at Mizzou, adding his name in that regard to a growing list of raise getters who were reportedly courted by UO.

Nike v. WalMart- you've got to love it. Do they sell Nike at WalMart?

This is from Mike Dearmond, who writes for the KC star and is about as close to the Mizzou program as anyone:

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/843

The only problem with him saying that MU still has the recruiting class is that until the kid enrolls he has not fully executed the NOI. Now I understand that he can not play elsewhere for a year but since the kid never enrolled at MU then he never actually was a MU student so he can do whatever he wants with or without MU's blessing.

Did anyone read down into the comments?

The Oregon AD in now in St Louis. To do what you might ask? Well the rumor being circulated is to talk to Majerus.

Now, my guess is, it is total BS, butt...$3 million is on the table. So, who knows?

He is here to attend a wedding.

Top paid coaches:

Krzyzewski_$4.1

Pitino_$4.1

Self_$3.7

Izzo_$3.1

If he took the job, which he already stated on Wednesday that he would not, he would be the 5th highest paid coach in ncaa basketball. Currently he ranks 23rd with a salary of $1.55 million.

Isn't Calipari at $4.2 or so?

Isn't Calipari at $4.2 or so?

Yes I am pretty sure you are right. He is averaging $4 million over 8 years of the contract.

I just looked back at the chart I found and it was the 2009-2010 salaries for coaches who played in the 2009 tournament. USA Today posted it April 1, 2010 (link below; the database's link is next to the Gold Coin above the article that explains the database/chart). Since Kentucky didn't play, they weren't included. My numbers are probably off a little but he would still be close to the top paid coaches.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...ry-database.htm