Apparently Mike Anderson had his own scholarship logjam

It was the "handwriting on the wall" for both players. They each had one of the top recruits in the country coming in at their positions and their PT was already limited. You neglected to mention Miguel's favorable comments toward Mizzou. Stone was not quoted in this article but was similarly complimentary. I understand both showed up for play and cheered on the new recruits and had meals with them and the team. Ricardo Ratliff, a Juco AA and #1 Juco player in the country, commented on their continued support of the team even though they were leaving. Matt Pressey, also a Juco AA and the MVP of the recent national tournament, also committed. Mizzou could well have one more scholarship available but will likely hold it for next year. Mike Anderson has it rolling. Thanks for your continued interest in Missouri basketball.

It was the "handwriting on the wall" for both players. They each had one of the top recruits in the country coming in at their positions and their PT was already limited. You neglected to mention Miguel's favorable comments toward Mizzou. Stone was not quoted in this article but was similarly complimentary. I understand both showed up for play and cheered on the new recruits and had meals with them and the team. Ricardo Ratliff, a Juco AA and #1 Juco player in the country, commented on their continued support of the team even though they were leaving. Matt Pressey, also a Juco AA and the MVP of the recent national tournament, also committed. Mizzou could well have one more scholarship available but will likely hold it for next year. Mike Anderson has it rolling. Thanks for your continued interest in Missouri basketball.

All he did was post a link to an article showing that SLU isn't the only school around that has scholarship limit issues. Yet, you take it as a shot at Mizzou. If it is a shot at Mizzou..... it is a shot at SLU too.

Thank you for your continued interest in all things SLU. You got to love guys like Lefty who roll out of bed in the morning and can't wait to check out the SLU board.

Neglected to mention? He just posted a link. There wasn't any mentioning going on.

I don't really have a major issue with what happened at MU as it happens everywhere but those kids were forced out, plain and simple. I do give Andersen credit for somehow convincing them to say all the right things publicly.

As for the continued interest in MU, there hasn't been a post on this board regarding MU in the last couple weeks yet somewhow within 34 minutes of one you are here to respond. Lurk much?

I do think the MU fans (tenthyearsenior, AJ, etc.) that were on this board pre-bashing Majerus for potentially forcing his recruits out out (which is yet to happen by the way) should take note and shut the hell up.

All he did was post a link to an article showing that SLU isn't the only school around that has scholarship limit issues. Yet, you take it as a shot at Mizzou. If it is a shot at Mizzou..... it is a shot at SLU too.

Thank you for your continued interest in all things SLU. You got to love guys like Lefty who roll out of bed in the morning and can't wait to check out the SLU board.

mizzou did not have a scholarship limit issue. both of these players had announced they were leaving for playing time. As a matter of fact, Paul had wanted to leave mid-semester until he was shown how misguided that would be. As soon as they said they were leaving, Anderson started looking. Getting Pressey was relatively easy but they had a lot of ground to make up for Ratliff. One thing that worked in their favor was Purnell leaving and Mizzou routing Clemson in the tournament. BTW, I'm an early-riser. SLU is way down the list of sites I visit but I do admittedly visit regularly because, for whatever reason(and i'm certain I know the reason) there are a lot of Mizzou mentions here. It took no time at all for some deepthinker to refer to MU as "trailer park u". SLU lives in a glass house if you want to get into name-calling.

Neglected to mention? He just posted a link. There wasn't any mentioning going on.

I don't really have a major issue with what happened at MU as it happens everywhere but those kids were forced out, plain and simple. I do give Andersen credit for somehow convincing them to say all the right things publicly.

As for the continued interest in MU, there hasn't been a post on this board regarding MU in the last couple weeks yet somewhow within 34 minutes of one you are here to respond. Lurk much?

I do think the MU fans (tenthyearsenior, AJ, etc.) that were on this board pre-bashing Majerus for potentially forcing his recruits out out (which is yet to happen by the way) should take note and shut the hell up.

kshoe, you cant be anymore double standard.

mizzou did not have a scholarship limit issue. both of these players had announced they were leaving for playing time. As a matter of fact, Paul had wanted to leave mid-semester until he was shown how misguided that would be. As soon as they said they were leaving, Anderson started looking. Getting Pressey was relatively easy but they had a lot of ground to make up for Ratliff. One thing that worked in their favor was Purnell leaving and Mizzou routing Clemson in the tournament. BTW, I'm an early-riser. SLU is way down the list of sites I visit but I do admittedly visit regularly because, for whatever reason(and i'm certain I know the reason) there are a lot of Mizzou mentions here. It took no time at all for some deepthinker to refer to MU as "trailer park u". SLU lives in a glass house if you want to get into name-calling.

Had announced?

There was nothing official until a couple days ago and the "superinsider" on the Tigerboard, Crazylegs, announced it last week. You must be a superduper insider to have known that these two announced they were leaving a few months ago in time to recruit these two players.

Something tells me if Ratliffe hadn't shown any interest in MU Stone would still be a member of the team.

kshoe, you cant be anymore double standard.

Name the Majerus recruits he has forced out.

If he did force Reid out, and I don't believe he did, then I would also give RM credit for getting him to say the right thing.

There is no way Cotto or Thompson were forced out.

Great, a visit to Billiken board from yet another Mizzou troll seeking our approval and admiration... ;) Hopefully these new JUCO recruits stay away from ATVs and Dairy Queens. :lol:

I guess Mizzou just started recruiting all these kids after they announced they were leaving.

Name the Majerus recruits he has forced out.

If he did force Reid out, and I don't believe he did, then I would also give RM credit for getting him to say the right thing.

There is no way Cotto or Thompson were forced out.

you are correct cotto was not forced out.

orlando stewart.... convicted murderer? hmmm

that's the best you got. a player that left slu what 25 years ago? and his crimes didnt happen while he was at slu either unlike the tigers of more recent years. you probably dont want to play *** for tat with player ethics when comparing the programs.

that's the best you got. a player that left slu what 25 years ago? and his crimes didnt happen while he was at slu either unlike the tigers of more recent years. you probably dont want to play *** for tat with player ethics when comparing the programs.

unlike public universities, slu doesn't reveal or is able to hide their shennanigans while in school. But with so many bad actors after leaving i find it hard to believe these kids were exemplary while at slu.

unlike public universities, slu doesn't reveal or is able to hide their shennanigans while in school. But with so many bad actors after leaving i find it hard to believe these kids were exemplary while at slu.

haha....so you are saying that if Kevin Lisch had held up the Del Taco with a sling-shot no one would hear about it?

police records are public even for students at private universities.

Lefty: I wish Vegas would post proposition betting odds on Missouri basketball and football players.

BASKETBALL:

One MU player suspended by coach for team conduct -200

One MU player will be arrested in 2010-2011 - 110

Charges pressed + 140

No charges pressed - 160

Two MU players will be arrested in 2010-2011 + 300

MU JUCO transfer will stay in school 2 full yrs - 110

Etc, etc....