Midnight Madness?

DRose1

Im realy excited to see this team take the court and I'm counting the days till it can happen. Why dont we have a midnight madness? I feel that the fans deserve it. All other big time programs do this, why dont we? It would be a great thing for the program and a great thing for the fans. Besides midnight madness would just add hype and publicity to the upcoming season.

Im realy excited to see this team take the court and I'm counting the days till it can happen. Why dont we have a midnight madness? I feel that the fans deserve it. All other big time programs do this, why dont we? It would be a great thing for the program and a great thing for the fans. Besides midnight madness would just add hype and publicity to the upcoming season.

Majerus likes to have a practice that actually accomplishes something. Perhaps now that his system is in place and has a complete group of starters that at least have one year under their belt he might rethink his position but I doubt it.

Majerus likes to have a practice that actually accomplishes something. Perhaps now that his system is in place and has a complete group of starters that at least have one year under their belt he might rethink his position but I doubt it.

I think that if you have a certain number of Billiken Club points you should be able to sit in the stands and watch practice every Friday afternoon.

If you want to see Majerus at Midnight Madness just go to Uncle Bill's around midnight.

They can make a movie about that place...in the words of Al Pacino, "Freak Show Central"

I remember about 3 or 4 years ago they tried to have something similar in West Pine Gym. It was called Billiken Madness, and was in the evening of the first day of practice. Only about 60 or 70 people showed up, so it was a one and done kinda thing. But with the team we have now I bet people would come out for it... I hope.........

The AD actually did do a midnight madness/ meet the team this year... Not sure where you guys were

That's not "midnight madness." First of all, they want to see the team have a scrimmage and other activities, like a slam-dunk contest. Second, to be midnight madness, it has to be at midnight the Friday night before the first day of practice.

Not Gonna Happen. Two words: Calipari Majerus. Two completely different philosophies of coaching. Second, only about 100 people showed up to the meet and greet why would the AD spend the money on a full blown Midnight Madness when not even 1/3 of the high roller section is filled. Third, why increase the risk of an injury to one of our guys we saw what happened in just a few games in the CBI, the last thing we need is a few bad early season losses to completely wreck our post season chances. A dunk contest would be cool but a scrimmage will never happen, stupid injuries can occur in any environment ie. Sammy Sosa, Martin Gramatica, Carlos Zumaya... the list goes on. Turning an ankle or some "smaller" injury could cost us games.

Not Gonna Happen. Two words: Calipari Majerus. Two completely different philosophies of coaching. Second, only about 100 people showed up to the meet and greet why would the AD spend the money on a full blown Midnight Madness when not even 1/3 of the high roller section is filled. Third, why increase the risk of an injury to one of our guys we saw what happened in just a few games in the CBI, the last thing we need is a few bad early season losses to completely wreck our post season chances. A dunk contest would be cool but a scrimmage will never happen, stupid injuries can occur in any environment ie. Sammy Sosa, Martin Gramatica, Carlos Zumaya... the list goes on. Turning an ankle or some "smaller" injury could cost us games.

I don't think anybody is pining for a midnight madness or a blue-white game I think we're just throwin' out ideas. I think a Blue-White game would be more attractive to fans than a meet and greet. IMO it would also be more attractive to Majerus because he could show his kids a preview of what to expect in a game. Starters + Conklin vs Soph./Freshman

Back in the early 70's we used to do a Blue-White game in the West Pine Gym. It was a lot of fun.

I agree that we probably would not do it, not because of injuries, but for taking away from practice time.

Wonder if the Calipari and Rick will have a scrimmage next season similar to when Calipari was at Memphis? If they did, that would be closed to the public.

I remember about 3 or 4 years ago they tried to have something similar in West Pine Gym. It was called Billiken Madness, and was in the evening of the first day of practice. Only about 60 or 70 people showed up, so it was a one and done kinda thing. But with the team we have now I bet people would come out for it... I hope.........

SLU did do amidnight madness for a few years and West Pine was pretty close to packed. It was nice.

Would slam dunk contest be seeing the team play basketball and it would it lead to injuries due to out of control moves; fingers, knees, ankles?

Third, why increase the risk of an injury to one of our guys we saw what happened in just a few games in the CBI, the last thing we need is a few bad early season losses to completely wreck our post season chances. A dunk contest would be cool but a scrimmage will never happen, stupid injuries can occur in any environment ie. Sammy Sosa, Martin Gramatica, Carlos Zumaya... the list goes on. Turning an ankle or some "smaller" injury could cost us games.

The CBI was overall a good experience for the young Bills. Sure JJ got hurt but you can't discount the experience of a post season tournament and an extended season. I'm pretty sure there is a greater chance of seeing a scrimmage than a dunk contest. The scrimmage would be just another practice and of course injuries could happen, but in my opinion the reason for not scrimmaging wouldn't be the risk of possible injuries.

Would slam dunk contest be seeing the team play basketball and it would it lead to injuries due to out of control moves; fingers, knees, ankles?

Who would you guys guess would win the slam dunk contest? My money would be on KM or JS.

thats not true, the year that bluecrewprez lined up midnight madness at west pine, i think liddell soph year, the place was pretty well full. i would guess close to 1000 people were there that night.

Ya. IDK. i think that the reason we dont have a great fan showing is because we dont have things like midnight madness. If you market somthing right it will sell. Midnight madness (dunk contest, three point shootout, just messing around) would be absolutly great for the program and the players. think of how much willie would love it to see all his fans. West Pine gym for sure. That would be great. it would say, "hey, we a Saint louis University and we are ready to be a big time program and have a big time year" so come and support us. And slowly more and more bandwagon fans would come.

I'm sure Majerus is not into slam dunk contests and all that stuff, but just play a scrimmage at cozy West Pine.

We could have interesting match-ups

Blue team vs. White

Loe Willie

Ellis Conklin

Smith Remekun

Salecich Cassitty

McCall Mitchell

Jordan Eckerle

Evans Femi

I'm sure Majerus is not into slam dunk contests and all that stuff, but just play a scrimmage at cozy West Pine.

We could have interesting match-ups

Blue team vs. White

Loe Willie

Ellis Conklin

Smith Remekun

Salecich Cassitty

McCall Mitchell

Jordan Eckerle

Evans Femi

those matchups are mad hateful. practice will be fun. and w/ so many different kinds of guards/forwards, RM can even anticipate and coach matchups.

kind of like battletoads and double dragon. which one's better? neeza vun. dey're bose eleven.

Posted Image

RM and broke-legs biondi can have hoagie contests to finish each practice, too. errrrrbody wins.

i'm looking for a "fan appeasement day". and by fan i mean myself. and by appeasement i mean party.

jimbofive party day. yep. that's a real idea. from my brain.