Majerus on with on 101 with Bernie at 12:30

brianstl

No, I'm pretty sure that these 'Classics' still count as 'Tournaments.'

A neutral-site doubleheader is just one game for each team involved and doesn't count against the exempt tournament rule, as far as I know. How can a one-game event be a "tournament"? It's just a game with a fancy name. The Bragging Rights game doesn't get counted as a tournament.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if rickma wants the a-10 folks to go to bat for us behind closed doors for at large tourney spots, maybe rick needs to quit telling everyone and anyone that will listen how stupid the conference is and how we need to get the hell out of the a-10 as soon as possible.

+1

While we know he was doing that just to get at Biondi to get his charter flights back those in the A10 may not understand what he was doing. Clearly something was up for us to be pushed out however, Dayton and RI continued to stay on the bubble for the NCAA once they both won their first round game in our tourney so no sure how this all played out.

if rickma wants the a-10 folks to go to bat for us behind closed doors for at large tourney spots, maybe rick needs to quit telling everyone and anyone that will listen how stupid the conference is and how we need to get the hell out of the a-10 as soon as possible.

broy, i don't agree with you on most things, however you are dead on with your comment. RM put the kids in jeopardy when he put his foot in his mouth. Any complaints should have been leveled after the season in my opinion. With all of his experience, he should know better than that. These kids worked their butts off only to be screwed by the higher ups. RM should stay out of the political stuff during the season.

broy, i don't agree with you on most things, however you are dead on with your comment. RM put the kids in jeopardy when he put his foot in his mouth. Any complaints should have been leveled after the season in my opinion. With all of his experience, he should know better than that. These kids worked their butts off only to be screwed by the higher ups. RM should stay out of the political stuff during the season.

I agree with Broy on this, too!

I guess RM was trying to be tactfull by not going directly after Biondi.

Might have made a difference with A-10 support of SLU for NIT. Who knows?

But Im amazed that almost NO ONE says anything about Biondi pulling back the charters in the first place.

Commercial flights these days are horrific.

Kids stayed in Mass after U Mass Sunday afternoon game, could not get flight that night, all got up at 4am the next morning, took three separate flights, all got back to SL around noon - 1pm, missed almost all classes. Etc. Etc.

-just listened to the rewind on 101.1 and after listening to rick with bernie was hoping against reality that bernie would throw us a bone and ask what would have been an inappropriate question to anderson about playing slu, but he did not

-if i were bernie i would not have asked either, but i would have loved it if he had

Wow.

I really liked that interview.

It covered everything from the NIT to him defending Willie Reed.

He was loving Bernie. Dude sounds like he has a man crush the big Bernie man.

I didnt catch the willie stuff? What did he say?

I didnt catch the willie stuff? What did he say?

He called the Post Dispatch and said that he didn't like Willie being put on the front cover after he went 2-9 in the Xavier game.

Said Willie is working on it, that he is trying hard, and that its inappropriate to treat him like a professional.

Basically, he didn't like that Willie was singled out for that loss.

In this interview he seemed so genuine.

I disagree. It is in the best interest of the A-10 to get as many teams as possible in post-season play. If the A-10 isn't gonna go to bat for SLU because of a couple of stupid comments, then F*** em! Regardless, the A-10's (or any conference for that matter) lobbying shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with how the selection committee (either the NCAA or NIT) chooses its teams. From what I understand, they are supposed to choose the teams according to their season's performance, NOT which team's conference lobbies the hardest!

Do we have any proof that Biondi pulled them back?

To your (and roy's) larger point, I agree. RM didn't do us any favors.

How can you say that? Most everyone has heard...

Why dont you prove that Biondi didnt pull back the charter flights?

Why dont you prove that he didnt?

Why go in circles? Who knows what the real deal is one way or the other? Some fans bandying it about on a message board won't help or change anything. Let's focus on Indiana State, instead. Whoever posted that he saw that there were some charter flights and some commercial flights planned in advance probably has the most knowledge of the situation, and that's not complete.

Why be stratified on this issue? Mizzou Mike is coming back in two hours!

How can you say that? Most everyone has heard...

Why dont you prove that Biondi didnt pull back the charter flights?

You are the one that keeps asserting it without proof. I have asked you for proof. I never asserted that biondi didn't pull back flights. I don't generally try to prove a negative.

You have no definitive evidence that Biondi did anything wrong. You're just asserting that he took away charter flights. It's possible that he just didn't give into RM's demand for additional charter flights.

This whole charter flight thing wouldn't be an issue if we could just drive to Indiana State and Evansville and other awesome locales.

Broy this is your first comment about RM I've agreed with. One never really wants to bite the one who feeds him. Something was up with this NIT snub. I don't know what, but we got jammed.

You are the one that keeps asserting it without proof. I have asked you for proof. I never asserted that biondi didn't pull back flights. I don't generally try to prove a negative.

You have no definitive evidence that Biondi did anything wrong. You're just asserting that he took away charter flights. It's possible that he just didn't give into RM's demand for additional charter flights.

This whole charter flight thing wouldn't be an issue if we could just drive to Indiana State and Evansville and other awesome locales.

Sigh (sorry Thicks, that is your move)

Moytoy, you are being ridiculous again, asking for proof!

Desperate tactic asking for proof, you lose credibility every time you try this nonsense.

I, the great Moytoy, demand proof!

All video tapes of all Biondi-Majerus conversations? Photo from the Wachovia ATM machine? The Zagruder film?

Yeah, everything is fine with the flights, no problem, no controversy, nothing happened with the charters, Majerus never was promised anything like that, he isnt upset, just making stuff up, everyone is, there has never been any indication of this issue anywhere.

Sigh (sorry Thicks, that is your move)

Moytoy, you are being ridiculous again, asking for proof!

Desperate tactic asking for proof, you lose credibility every time you try this nonsense.

I, the great Moytoy, demand proof!

All video tapes of all Biondi-Majerus conversations? Photo from the Wachovia ATM machine? The Zagruder film?

Yeah, everything is fine with the flights, no problem, no controversy, nothing happened with the charters, Majerus never was promised anything like that, he isnt upset, just making stuff up, everyone is, there has never been any indication of this issue anywhere.

Yes, I'd like to see the Zagruder film, I heard it almost won an Oscar.

LOL. I know it's a desperate tactic to ask for people to back up what they say, but I'm going there. Please back up what you say. If I lose credibility with people by asking for proof to support an argument, them I'm pretty sure I don't really care what those people think of me.

Listen, you make it sound like RM received no charter flights this year and even worse, Biondi pulled them at some point during the season. Well, we have a well respected insider that said the travel for the season was established well before the season and such travel included the use of charters. So, I'm asking what Biondi did that was so evil? Do you think he yanked charter flights mid-year? If so, please support this assertion (or don't and continue to prance around on the message board whining and crying about the issue like a 2 year old).

If the travel schedule is set before the season, why didn't RM gripe about the lack of charter flights then?

p.s. I think you meant the Zapruder film.

Yes, I'd like to see the Zagruder film, I heard it almost won an Oscar.

LOL. I know it's a desperate tactic to ask for people to back up what they say, but I'm going there. Please back up what you say. If I lose credibility with people by asking for proof to support an argument, them I'm pretty sure I don't really care what those people think of me.

Listen, you make it sound like RM received no charter flights this year and even worse, Biondi pulled them at some point during the season. Well, we have a well respected insider that said the travel for the season was established well before the season and such travel included the use of charters. So, I'm asking what Biondi did that was so evil? Do you think he yanked charter flights mid-year? If so, please support this assertion (or don't and continue to prance around on the message board whining and crying about the issue like a 2 year old).

If the travel schedule is set before the season, why didn't RM gripe about the lack of charter flights then?

p.s. I think you meant the Zapruder film.

It was changed from last yr and the year before, they took charter flights all the time.

This year, far fewer charter flights, and a lot of hodge podge commercial flights.

Do you agree that happened?

(Yep, I spelled Zapruder wrong, I've been drinking, but I bet you didnt get the Wachovia ATM reference) :o

It was changed from last yr and the year before, they took charter flights all the time.

This year, far fewer charter flights, and a lot of hodge podge commercial flights.

Do you agree that happened?

I have no clue how many charter flights SLU had last year or the year before. You could very well be correct. Assuming you are correct, why didn't this get brought up prior to the middle of the season?

Additionally, I lot of your posts on this imply Biondi pulled these flights mid-season.

I have no clue how many charter flights SLU had last year or the year before. You could very well be correct. Assuming you are correct, why didn't this get brought up prior to the middle of the season?

Additionally, I lot of your posts on this imply Biondi pulled these flights mid-season.

The flight changes were made before the season and early season as airline schedules permit.

Last 2 yrs = almost all charters, as Biondi had stated when he hired Majerus.

This yr = mostly commercial.

Majerus brought it all up mid season after several disasterous trips, because he could then clearly demonstrate the devastating effects of Biondi's cut back.

Also, even Majerus probably did not know how bad this would be... 5-10 yrs ago, SL was still in the upper echelon.

Even 3-4 yrs ago, flights out of St. Louis were not so bad.

Now, after huge cutbacks at Lambert, St. Louis airline schedules are hick-hoosier-cornfield airport level.

(Again, does anyone who says we can be like Marquette and ND and travel to the east coast know if they take charter flights?)

" However, my experience indicates that these snobby East Coast types want nothing to do with SLU. " This is from the Billie fan that what to Atlantic City.

Maybe the committee took to heart what RM is complaining about all of the travel to the far off Eastern Front AND the lack of study time for the players.

The A10 commissioner Should be fighting for teams to get in, it make our Conference stronger. The Billies should be going to the NIT.

BUT, I have only one word " Midnight Jimmy ".

" However, my experience indicates that these snobby East Coast types want nothing to do with SLU. " This is from the Billie fan that what to Atlantic City.

Maybe the committee took to heart what RM is complaining about all of the travel to the far off Eastern Front AND the lack of study time for the players.

The A10 commissioner Should be fighting for teams to get in, it make our Conference stronger. The Billies should be going to the NIT.

BUT, I have only one word " Midnight Jimmy ".

There are three types of people. Those who can count and those who can't.