CBI Watch

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its for real. Frank just had it on Sports Plus. Said part of the deal would put us in a "prestigous" pre-season tourney in 2011. 8 o'clock game time.

1) Why the Scott Trade? We aren't going to sell 10k for this thing.

2) Does the CBI actually control any pre-season tourneys?

Funk that.

Its for real. Frank just had it on Sports Plus. Said part of the deal would put us in a "prestigous" pre-season tourney in 2011. 8 o'clock game time.

Just saw the other posts about the Blues. Frank must have it wrong about Scott Trade. Good.

Yes the CBI is run by the Gazelle Group who runs several preseason tournaments

Yes the CBI is run by the Gazelle Group who runs several preseason tournaments

Starting to sound like a win-win-win.

1) Get another game - win

2) Get another home game at Chafetz - win

3) Get a good pre-season tourney two years from now (probably would have happened anyway since we will be a desireable property after next season) - win

Starting to sound like a win-win-win.

1) Get another game - win

2) Get another home game at Chafetz - win

3) Get a good pre-season tourney two years from now (probably would have happened anyway since we will be a desireable property after next season) - win

4) Get in the NCAA tournament- Win the whole thing

I just checked out the Gazelle Group Pre-Season Tournaments they host and 2010 line ups:

Coaches vs. Cancer Classic NOV 8-12; 18-19 hosts Pitt, Texas, Ill, Maryland finals in Madison Square Garden

Legends Classic NOV 19-21; 26-27 hosts Mich, UTEP, GT, Syracuse finals Boardwalk Hall Atlantic City (could we have an advantage being familiar with the arena?)

College Basketball Experience NOV 19-21, 26-27 hosts Duke, Zags, Marquette, KSt. finals in KC, MO

So those look like good early season tournaments to be in. Perhaps getting into the CBI will be more beneficial to SLU than an NIT bid. I just hope that SLU gets to be a host in 2011 not a blood donor that has to visit the other big name school first.

I just checked out the Gazelle Group Pre-Season Tournaments they host and 2010 line ups:

Coaches vs. Cancer Classic NOV 8-12; 18-19 hosts Pitt, Texas, Ill, Maryland

Legends Classic NOV 19-21; 26-27 hosts Mich, UTEP, GT, Syracuse

College Basketball Experience NOV 19-21, 26-27 hosts Duke, Zags, Marquette, KSt.

So those look like good early season tournaments to be in. Perhaps getting into the CBI will be more beneficial to SLU than an NIT bid. I just hope that SLU gets to be a host in 2011 not a blood donor that has to visit the other big name school first.

Just remember, that blood donor game will help the SOS and RPI next season.

Coaches vs. Cancer Classic NOV 8-12; 18-19 hosts Pitt, Texas, Ill, Maryland

Legends Classic NOV 19-21; 26-27 hosts Mich, UTEP, GT, Syracuse

College Basketball Experience NOV 19-21, 26-27 hosts Duke, Zags, Marquette, KSt.

Also the O Reilly Auto Parts Tournament- Michigan St, Tulsa, Duke, Maryland, missouri, UCLA

Just remember, that blood donor game will help the SOS and RPI next season.

from what I understand it is in 2011 not 2010 the fields look set for 10 already maybe not the blood donors

bracket up now see here http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/cbi10_bracket.pdf

on one side of bracket pairings

SLU

Ind St

Akron

GBay

GW

VCU

E Ky

Col Charleston

on the other

Oregon St.

Boston Univ

Morehead

Col St

Hofstra

IUPUI

Princeton

Duq

All of SignGuy's schools represented

Any word on other teams in the CBI besides SLU and Indiana State? Obviously the CBI is no one's first choice of postseason tournaments, but I hope the Bills make the best of it and "win the whole f-ing thing."

Somebody said George Washington was hosting Virginia Commonwealth....don't know if that's true or not, but maybe

bracket up now see here http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/cbi10_bracket.pdf

on one side of bracket pairings

SLU

Ind St

Akron

GBay

GW

VCU

E Ky

Col Charleston

on the other

Oregon St.

Boston Univ

Morehead

Col St

Hofstra

IUPUI

Princeton

Duq

All of SignGuy's schools represented

All i'm seeing are TBA on that bracket. The way you have it laid out would make it appear as though SLU is a 1 seed? is that accurate?

This is good. None of us wanted to end on a stinker, so we get a chance to rebound from that. Plus, as the Oregon State coach noted on the CBI web site, this is a great chance for the coaching staff to work full-time with the team. If we win the first game, that's one more week of teaching RM wouldn't otherwise have. If I recall NCAA rules, a coach can't be with no more than 4 or 5 players during off-season workouts.

I hope there's a decent crowd (anything over 5000 would be impressive to me). Would be great for the diehards like us to give appreciation for a solid effort this season.