CBI Watch

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MORE BILLIKENS HOOPS IN 2010!!!

Hooray!

Very good news. Out here we are glad that this SLU team will get to play in the post-season. People were asking me about the Billikens last night at a USF function.

Good luck to the Billikens from the Left Coast.

That Bracket says the game is on HDNet. I think that is available in some way on DirecTV.

bracket up now see here http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/cbi10_bracket.pdf

on one side of bracket pairings

SLU

Ind St

Akron

GBay

GW

VCU

E Ky

Col Charleston

on the other

Oregon St.

Boston Univ

Morehead

Col St

Hofstra

IUPUI

Princeton

Duq

All of SignGuy's schools represented

so... though it does suck not to be able to make the NIT (very pissed that we didnt make it) at least it looks like we could do some damage this tourney (knock on wood)

Now for those of us that can not attend the game, we need to find out of this thing is going to be on TV... or at least a crappy pixelated internet feed.

I think it will be on HDnet whatever that is.

Are all the games played at campus sites for this thing? Or are the final few games played somewhere like the NIT at MSG?

The Championship is a three game series over 6 days. The higher seed gets 2 home games. Rick is going to love that travel scenario.

I don't know our seed, but we likely will have mostly home games.

Now for those of us that can not attend the game, we need to find out of this thing is going to be on TV... or at least a crappy pixelated internet feed.

First game is on HDNet--remainder to be scheduled but I recall that HDNet had the games last year.

Most interesting fact--The two teams that make the final play a best of three game series with the higher seed getting to host the third game if they split the other two. Could be a total of six games if it took three to finish the finals! Must be the only college event that plays two out of three for the title!!!!

First game is on HDNet--remainder to be scheduled but I recall that HDNet had the games last year.

Most interesting fact--The two teams that make the final play a best of three game series with the higher seed getting to host the third game if they split the other two. Could be a total of six games if it took three to finish the finals! Must be the only college event that plays two out of three for the title!!!!

Is the CIT a better tourney, their bracket seemed a little more impressive to me.

Scouting the CBI

Team Record KenPom Rating and last 10 record

Indiana St. 17-14; 139; 5-5

Akron 24-10; 119; 7-3

UWGB 21-12; 155; 6-4

GW 16-14; 117; 4-6

VCU 22-9; 53; 6-4

EKY 20-12; 175; 6-4

CofChar 21-11; 159; 7-3

OregSt. 14-17; 126; 5-5

BU 19-13; 125; 8-2

Morehead 23-10; 97; 7-3

Col St. 16-15; 140 4-6

Hofstra 19-14; 122; 8-2

IUPUI 24-10; 112; 8-2

Princeton 20-8; 123; 7-3

Duq 16-15; 145; 5-5

So SLU, Morehead, VCU and maybe defending champs Oregon St. are the favorites? Is SLU the overall #1 seed? Actually this is working out better than NIT with the home games and the pre-season tournament deal for 2011. So being screwed by NIT was a blessing in disguise. Didn't they realize we won that thing in 48?

I haven't followed the CBI at all in the past, but if the officials don't keep control well (and since this is a 3rd rate tourney they probably won't be very good), then I would imagine the 3rd game is a bloodbath. Both teams are probably very chippy after the 1st 2 games and scraping for the win since it is for the championship.

Yes, HDNet is available within the HD programming tier of most cable and satellite providers including Charter, DirecTV and Dish Network...i'm sure most of the others, too.

According to the CBI website, HDNet is the official broadcast partner: "HDNet is the official broadcast home for the CBI. HDNet will broadcast up to eleven of the tournament games, including doubleheaders on March 16, 17, 22, and 24."

Yes, HDNet is available within the HD programming tier of most cable and satellite providers including Charter, DirecTV and Dish Network...i'm sure most of the others, too.

According to the CBI website, HDNet is the official broadcast partner: "HDNet is the official broadcast home for the CBI. HDNet will broadcast up to eleven of the tournament games, including doubleheaders on March 16, 17, 22, and 24."

My TV has HDNet on DirecTV Channel 79

CBI is in its 3rd Year. Conventional wisdom (CW) is the CBI is for bigger conference schools, although that does not seem to be cast in stone. Oregon State played in that Championship Series last year. Stanford played in the CBI last year. Two years ago Bradley lost to Tulsa, 2 games to 1 in that CBI Championship Series.

CW is the CIT is a mid-major tournament. Last year Bradley played in it.

So I really don't know if this distinction between the two tournaments is really all that valid.

This CBI should provide some valuable post-season experience to the team.

I'm just glad the season will continue after the disappointment of 3 1/2 hours ago. I'm not yet ready for baseball.