• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bail out call- part of the home court.

URi 28 SLU 19 at half.

URI Band is playing.

SLU led at one point 13-8- so that was an ugly 20-6 run, riddled with SLU butter fingers on rebounds, URI getting the loose balls, and 4 3's by Richmond off the bench.

SLU must play much more aggressively in the second half like the first half at Dayton.

Majerus is usually good at half-time adjustments. First, he needs to wake up this team, light a fire under them.

This is akin to an away game, with URI the home team.

My grade for the first half= D-.....might be generous.....No rebounding.....Usual free throw shooting......Lazy Defense which allows for fouls.....No rhythm of offense....Poor shot selection....Unforced turnovers.....Not good at all.......Someone tell me if I'm exaggerating because I'm so upset, or if this is actually accurate.

Bad news: possibly the worst half of basketball they have played since the Ellis arival.

Good news: even after crapping the bed in that half they are only down 9

Time for RickMa to use some of his in game adjustment genius to get things going.

Even with all the offensive RB URI still being held under a 60 point pace.

Ellis and Reed need to go to work.

FT need to improve(whats new there)

Majerus needs to go all John Chaney and tell Remekun to take care of that F##### Richmond

First half observations. Rhody's playing good D. We're giving 'em way too many 2nd opps on the boards. WR has got to get a hand transplant at the half. I counted 4 caroms that he just didn't ******. I don't know what you do about Richmond. The kid's unreal and those are deep 3's with a lightning quick release. BC's got to learn to score in traffic. KC's passed up about 3 good open looks. CE's wearing an arm wrap on his left arm, but damn he's a righty and his 3's have not even been close. I was afraid of this game if we had a scoring drought and we did 5+ minutes. They're playing our game better than us right now. In RM we trust to have a second half fix. Remember we came back from being down 12 to these guys and we've done it a lot this year.

My grade for the first half= D-.....might be generous.....No rebounding.....Usual free throw shooting......Lazy Defense which allows for fouls.....No rhythm of offense....Poor shot selection....Unforced turnovers.....Not good at all.......Someone tell me if I'm exaggerating because I'm so upset, or if this is actually accurate.

Its pretty accurate except I think a "D-" maybe to good of a grade.

Getting outworked on the boards is just uncalled for. Its all heart to grab rebounds and the bills arent showing any

I don't think they expected Rhody to play such sound D which is definitely affecting the offensive flow. It's been a lousy first half. We're lucky to be down by only 9. But they have a knack for coming back.

the problem which we saw in the game at the fetz is that rhodey's style of play leads to ugly looking games. if the zebras let the hacking frantic defense and rhodey hits some of the threes and converts turnovers, it looks ugly.

we have to will our style of play on rhodey.

For some reason, I actually feel more comfortable when we come into the second half trailing.

Im with ya.

especially when you think that Ellis, Reed, and Cassity have done NOTHING.

That wont continue.

Plus Mitchell is good for a second half outburst of 6-8 points in a couple of minutes.