Seed?

cheesycow

The ride may not last, but let's enjoy it while it does.

Yeah, we're jumping the gun. Let's wait til we take care of X on Wednesday. X is still king of the hill in the A-10 as far as I'm concerned and all of a sudden have seemed to find themselves after that blowout loss to UD.

Yeah, we're jumping the gun. Let's wait til we take care of X on Wednesday. X is still king of the hill in the A-10 as far as I'm concerned and all of a sudden have seemed to find themselves after that blowout loss to UD.

Something tells me the X game on Wednesday night may be the best crowd / atmosphere so far since playing at Chaifetz. Let's hope we bring our A game and it could be a very fun night.

Something tells me the X game on Wednesday night may be the best crowd / atmosphere so far since playing at Chaifetz. Let's hope we bring our A game and it could be a very fun night.

++++

tell everyone you see and know that is going wednesday to wear white. xavier needs to see it 360 degrees not just in the student end zone. this is the oldsters chance to show they care.

These seeding predictions must be a joke right?

If we win out and lost in the title game it would give us an RPI in the 45-50 range. While I think that would be enough to get us in based on the Cody Ellis story and strong finish, I would be very nervous on selection Sunday. When you are on the bubble your seeds are generally in the 11-12 range, not 7-10.

If we win out and lost in the title game it would give us an RPI in the 45-50 range. While I think that would be enough to get us in based on the Cody Ellis story and strong finish, I would be very nervous on selection Sunday. When you are on the bubble your seeds are generally in the 11-12 range, not 7-10.

The best comparison might be Bradley in 2006. They had a bit higher RPI than we might(projected). They had a garbage start to the year and turned it on, damn near winning out, losing in the MVC title game to SIU. That team squeaked in with a 13 seed. Of course they did more with a 13 seed than KU did with a 3 seed.

Although I don't want to jinx anything, I'd say if we did get in...12 or 13 seed. But the 12 or 13 seed that noone wants to face.

If we win out until the conference final we would finish the season with 12-1 run and have at least a 7-2 record against the RPI top 50. We wouldn't be on the bubble at that point. I think that would get us a better seed better than one in the 10-11 range.

If we win out until the conference final we would finish the season with 12-1 run and have at least a 7-2 record against the RPI top 50. We wouldn't be on the bubble at that point. I think that would get us a better seed better than one in the 10-11 range.

And our 7 losses against teams in the RPI 50+ range will be ignored?

Depends on what you consider better. I believe an 11 or 12 seed to be "better" than a 7 through 10 seed because you can avoid a 1 or 2 seed in the second round, IF you win the first one. With so much parity in CBB, the difference between playing a 5 or 6 and a 7 through 10, is not all that great.

That being said, with how far we have to climb to even get considered, I'd take a 16-seed if it meant we were dancing this year.

I don't think they would be ignored. I do think the NCAA would look at SLU differently than most teams while they take into account the Ellis factor. I think how the team finished and its record against top 50 rpi teams would carry a lot of weight.

brian, the "look different" would be just letting us in. they wont better the seed. they are far to beholden to the bcs teams to do that.

i am with kshoe 100% on this one. the win out and make it to the championship of the conference tourney will get us a 12-13 seed at best if we were lucky enough to get an at large berth. we would likely be the last at large team in. i think we are walking that narrow of a tightrope.

brian, the "look different" would be just letting us in. they wont better the seed. they are far to beholden to the bcs teams to do that.

i am with kshoe 100% on this one. the win out and make it to the championship of the conference tourney will get us a 12-13 seed at best if we were lucky enough to get an at large berth. we would likely be the last at large team in. i think we are walking that narrow of a tightrope.

+1

Lets put it another way. Teams with seeds of 7-10 are generally locks on selection Sunday and don't have any real concerns.

Is there anybody on this board that would honestly call us a lock if we won out but lost in the conference championship game and had an RPI of 50?

those of you trying to figure the seed. multiply the seed by 4. now compare that to the current rpi number. it should be relatively close. probably within 3 or 4 spots either way. and considering we are talking non-bcs, that "either way" probably is to the worse for any school getting an at large and not a bcs school.

sure there are exceptions. but exceptions are exactly that. once in a long time sort of thing. dont expect the committee to go overboard on doing favors.

this is really ahead of ourselves. we have four extremely tough conference games to still play and then 3 very tough conference tourney games. i.e. we have to be on a 12 game winning streak to make it to the championship game.