Tuesday's weather for Philly

I just wanted to pass along the weather forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday for PHL. We are looking at another blizzard. Local forecasts are for a storm more powerful than last weekend to arrive anytime after 4pm Tuesday and lasting til either late Wednesday afternoon or very early Thursday morning. Two possible tracks and neither is good. One is for 6" minimum and the second is either 1' or 2'.

I am assuming they are flying commercial. I doubt the team has a Tuesday evening flight. Most likely Wednesday's first flight out to STL. I would expect the airport to be closed and they would be stranded for at least another day. It's a shame they might be in the area for possibly 2 of the top 4 snow storms on record for the Philadelphia area. Add to that their trip to Richmond.

BTW, if they fly Southwest, they might be in for even more trouble because Southwest didn't fly a single flights out of PHL yesterday. They started today. I hope that doesn't mean that Southwest would cancel Thursday's flight.

Good luck.

I just wanted to pass along the weather forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday for PHL. We are looking at another blizzard. Local forecasts are for a storm more powerful than last weekend to arrive anytime after 4pm Tuesday and lasting til either late Wednesday afternoon or very early Thursday morning. Two possible tracks and neither is good. One is for 6" minimum and the second is either 1' or 2'.

I am assuming they are flying commercial. I doubt the team has a Tuesday evening flight. Most likely Wednesday's first flight out to STL. I would expect the airport to be closed and they would be stranded for at least another day. It's a shame they might be in the area for possibly 2 of the top 4 snow storms on record for the Philadelphia area. Add to that their trip to Richmond.

BTW, if they fly Southwest, they might be in for even more trouble because Southwest didn't fly a single flights out of PHL yesterday. They started today. I hope that doesn't mean that Southwest would cancel Thursday's flight.

Good luck.

thanks

Tis true, tis true. Bills come to the East Coast this year for four games and three result in some of the biggest snowstorms around there here parts in forever. Baltimore set a new reocrd of 28.8 inches of snow over a 24 hours peeriod Friday into Saturday. We are looking at another 10 to 18 for Tuesday night. I ate the tickets for La Salle and I'll do the same for St. Joe's. Richmond was an early day decisison (No Go). And when I do see them, its the heartbreaker at GeeDub. At least the St. Joe's game will be on TV here tomorrow as I cuddle by the fire and watch the snow pile even higher.

This is ridiculous but appropriate ---event he weather plays into the "its hard to be a Billiken fan" mantra.

Yeah, then they'd be stranded in Dubuque. At least in Philly RM can have cheesesteaks delivered. Got to admit this climate change pehomena is hell.

Guess someone doesn't get the difference between climate and weather.

Also I'd contend that it is still an "issue" and the debate is not over..............

Problem is, debate is rare between the people who are actually trained to study the stuff. The debate tends to come more from those who point out the window and say, "See, it's snowing!"

Which, in turn, will increase carbon emissions and thus accelerate global warming. B)

Global warming? easy fix....turn the heat down on the Sun.

You and I have nothing to do with it! :lol:

Guess someone doesn't get the difference between climate and weather.

Right, the liberals call it climate, the conservatives call it weather and neither thainks the other knows what they are talking about.

No matter which side of the equation you are on, it's cold and record snows are happening.

Boy there is lot of that on both sides of the issue . Would you not agree?

http://www.robertfkennedyjr.com/articles/2...eles_times.html

Also I'd contend that it is still an "issue" and the debate is not over..............

I can understand why there is debate about topics such as taxation, debt, international policies, abortion, healthcare etc. but for the life of me I can't figure out why people are still debating whether human pollution is starting to have a meaningful impact on global climate changes. The evidence is overwhelming.

I'd respect them more if people simply argued "I realize climate change is a reality but I don't care because it won't cause enough problems during my lifetime to matter and I really don't give a crap about those that come after me." At least that would be honest.

I can understand why there is debate about topics such as taxation, debt, international policies, abortion, healthcare etc. but for the life of me I can't figure out why people are still debating whether human pollution is starting to have a meaningful impact on global climate changes. The evidence is overwhelming.

I'd respect them more if people simply argued "I realize climate change is a reality but I don't care because it won't cause enough problems during my lifetime to matter and I really don't give a crap about those that come after me." At least that would be honest.

I realize climate change is a reality but I don't care because it won't cause enough problems during my lifetime to matter and I really don't give a crap about those that come after me, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, there is nothing that humans can do to influence it one way or the other so what's the point?

Yeah, then they'd be stranded in Dubuque. At least in Philly RM can have cheesesteaks delivered. Got to admit this climate change pehomena is hell.

Yeah, it's hell alright, and hell is about to freeze over!!!!!

I am a runner and a biker, so this weather screws up my life in a major way. I can take a cancelled bball game, but if I have to miss one more long run, I am going to punch the king of carbon footprints, Al Gore, in the mouth!!!!

Does this mean you believe that we (Man) is causing global warming.

So this means that the God who created us put us hear to destroy our planet and ourselves.

That doesn't work for me.

I do not think there is any conclusive evidence that man causes warming, nor that earth is really even going thru a period of higher temps. And we should not start paying higher energy taxes when no one knows if the measures we take will have any significant effect on climate change. To boot, 98% of the rest of the planet is not going to help us, anyway. SO, WTF?

Laughed my ###### off when it snowed in Copenhagen... first time in 10 yrs... for the ???? International Global Warming Conference.

Does this mean you believe that we (Man) is causing global warming.

So this means that the God who created us put us hear to destroy our planet and ourselves.

That doesn't work for me.

Yeah, humans have never shown the propensity to harm themselves...WAR.

No, the evidence is not overwhelming. Are you oblivious to the blatant fraud exposed? There are numerous scientists who disagree but their opinions are ignored by the liberal media. The same experts you put so much faith in argued in the 70s that the earth was in danger of global cooling.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,944914,00.html