Jeff Reid

Nate reported on his site that he will return in the summer and then seek a medical redshirt. Said it was old news so I hope it is okay to post here.

I don't think we'll see him back, but I could be wrong.

Nate reported on his site that he will return in the summer and then seek a medical redshirt. Said it was old news so I hope it is okay to post here.

I don't think we'll see him back, but I could be wrong.

Right on cue, a Jeff Reid article in the local paper. I remember the pre season game where he was clearly the best player for us in the game. I liked him alot after that and really would like him to return to us next year. Sounds like he will have to have the tenacity of CE to overcome this bump in the road.

Good luck to you, JR. Rest well.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010...t_eyeing_return

mhg

Right on cue, a Jeff Reid article in the local paper. I remember the pre season game where he was clearly the best player for us in the game. I liked him alot after that and really would like him to return to us next year. Sounds like he will have to have the tenacity of CE to overcome this bump in the road.

mhg

It is interesting to hear one of Majerus' own players (one who essentially has made no contribution to the team, through no fault of his own) talk about Majerus. Could this actually be the same coach that people like Billiken Roy like to blast concerning his handling of the players? Perhaps those on the inside, like a player for instance, have a lot better picture of the way things really are, rather than how some posters here try to portray Majerus.

I have been fortunate to have an inside look at the program and I can guarantee you that he sincerely cares about his players as individuals and as students. Is he hard on them at practice--sure. Will he get rid of a player that fights him at practice every day and wants to be a one on one player and do it his own way(see Univ. of Colorado)--sure. Most good coaches do the same thing. Do you really want the inmates running the asylum?

I have a suggestion. Why don't the people that continually insist on posting negative comments on here about our coach who has our program a lot closer to achieving the status that we all have begged for for a long period of time stop posting their negative commentary. Believe it or not, people recruiting against us use some of the negative comments against us with potential recruits. I believe we should all get back to rooting for the Billikens who I believe are only a year away from something special, and I don't mean just a one year fluke.

It is interesting to hear one of Majerus' own players (one who essentially has made no contribution to the team, through no fault of his own) talk about Majerus. Could this actually be the same coach that people like Billiken Roy like to blast concerning his handling of the players? Perhaps those on the inside, like a player for instance, have a lot better picture of the way things really are, rather than how some posters here try to portray Majerus.

I have been fortunate to have an inside look at the program and I can guarantee you that he sincerely cares about his players as individuals and as students. Is he hard on them at practice--sure. Will he get rid of a player that fights him at practice every day and wants to be a one on one player and do it his own way(see Univ. of Colorado)--sure. Most good coaches do the same thing. Do you really want the inmates running the asylum?

I have a suggestion. Why don't the people that continually insist on posting negative comments on here about our coach who has our program a lot closer to achieving the status that we all have begged for for a long period of time stop posting their negative commentary. Believe it or not, people recruiting against us use some of the negative comments against us with potential recruits. I believe we should all get back to rooting for the Billikens who I believe are only a year away from something special, and I don't mean just a one year fluke.

+1

The reality of internet posting boards is that 99% of it is unsubstantiated and made up. If I were a member of the internal group being discussed, I'd monitor the boards to get a sense of the nation. I'd never respond to it nor would I join it.

That being said, people are gullible. All it takes is one flamer with an axe to grind to post some dribble that fans the fires. I understand everything on here is opinion, and folks have their internal biases in what guides their posts. Some I assign more cred to than others. However, just to say all good things, when things are clearly not so, is just a little short of propaganda and even the dullest tool in the shed will figure that out.

mhg

-nice article, great content

-i hope Jeff gets well and comes back to contribute

mhg

In the first preseason game he played 8 minutes and had 5 pts 1 reb 3 TO

in the second preseaon game he played 12 minutesand had 5 pts 2 assissts 3 reboudns and 1 TO

In his 5 regular season games he had a totall of 2 points and averaged 4 minutes a game.

First I hope he gets healthy and second I hope he has a good college career either at SLU are someplace he can be happy.

But he was never even remotely close to being "the best player for us in the game."

in the second preseaon game he played 12 minutesand had 5 pts 2 assissts 3 reboudns and 1 TO

In his 5 regular season games he had a totall of 2 points and averaged 4 minutes a game.

First I hope he gets healthy and second I hope he has a good college career either at SLU are someplace he can be happy.

But he was never even remotely close to being "the best player for us in the game."

To say that Jeff was our best player in a game may have been a little bit of a stretch, but he was a very important contributor for us in our second exhibition game against St. Ambrose. We were basically sputtering throughout much of the game, even trailing for a little while in the second half, when Majerus put Reid into the game somewhere around midway through the second half. Jeff came in and started making all kinds of hustle plays, diving all over the court, and providing a spark that was missing. Suddenly we had transformed a small deficit into a double digit lead and were firmly in control. Had it not been for Jeff Reid's hustle, we might have lost an exhibition game to a D-2 opponent, which certainly would have been embarrassing.

Don't assume all of the players like majerus, I know for a fact that some do not like him. But as long as they listen to him and try their hardest it doesn't really matter.

I dont know if you were at that game but I came away thinking that he was the key to the victory in that game and I was excited to see him get more experience and put on some muscle. He is a confident shooter who is not afraid to put up a 3 when open and he seems to be a smart player. I hope he can get healthy and back in shape quickly so he can be a possible contributor next year.

yes. But there are always going to be players who dont like the coach, I dont think its a huge deal if they play for him.

Let's get real. Do you thin all 25 of the Cardinals like Tony Larussa. There is no way to make everyone happy. In fact if you have someone who isn't playing much and is happy about it, guess what, he doesn't have the attitude it takes to win. There may be some kids that aren't happy with Majerus, but I will bet you cannot find one who will not admit that he is a great teacher.

In the post game discussion, Reid was the player of the game. The lift he gave the team when he came in and the intensity and hustle were huge. If you were not at the game, the statistics did not reflect what a difference he made in the game that day. I respectfully state that he WAS the player of the day for that game. His performance after that was as you state, and he did nothing especially noteworthy in the regular season.

mhg