CE Watch update

bauman

-not to test my geography naming skills, if there are any, but from Africa it should go Albania, Alberta, Algeria, American Samoa, Arkansas (they are not part of the US educational system, are they?? ;) ), Austria and then Australia, so Cody's day with the clearinghouse is coming - thank God he isn't from Zanzibar

Not to dash your hopes, but Africa is not the name of a country (even though one prominent politician thought it was :lol: ), so the kid could be from Zambia or Zimbabwe... :( On a serioous note, I sure hope this Cody Ellis saga ends well. As each day passes it looks less promising. "It's hard work being a Billiken fan" is a great motto

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-not to test my geography naming skills, if there are any, but from Africa it should go Albania, Alberta, Algeria, American Samoa, Arkansas (they are not part of the US educational system, are they?? :lol: ), Austria and then Australia, so Cody's day with the clearinghouse is coming - thank God he isn't from Zanzibar

Ha ha! And here I figured it was going something more like this - Big East, ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, and then A-10.

Ha ha! And here I figured it was going something more like this - Big East, ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, and then A-10.

What if they did the MVC before the A-10? Talk about really seeing this board explode!

My take on this is until we hear either 1) he has signed with a pro team or 2) the NCAA has denied the appeal, I'm going to remain optimistic. I don't think there there is any type of drop dead date, although I sure don't like our chances if 2nd semester rolls around and he's not in St. Louis.

-not to test my geography naming skills, if there are any, but from Africa it should go Albania, Alberta, Algeria, American Samoa, Arkansas (they are not part of the US educational system, are they?? ;) ), Austria and then Australia, so Cody's day with the clearinghouse is coming - thank God he isn't from Zanzibar

If we're going off of continents, and we count Norf and Souf Amurrrika as just Amurrrika, then we're still coming in sixth out of seven. F#$& this shite, I'm getting boozed up. CE, if you go pro, I won't hold it against you.

If we're going off of continents, and we count Norf and Souf Amurrrika as just Amurrrika, then we're still coming in sixth out of seven. F#$& this shite, I'm getting boozed up. CE, if you go pro, I won't hold it against you.

Do you know your continents Jimbo?

I think Jimbo knows them... he spends most days incontinent.

Alright you Might Duck F$s... I'll bring the heat to the cold wilderness. My buddy is living in Australia for now and he said he saw an interview wif DAT DUDE Mike Ellis and DAT DUDE said he and Cody are headed to STL in two weeks. So maybe shite's finally happening. And f#$% yeah I know the continents. That's like one of the easiest things to know. Duh.

Alright you Might Duck F$s... I'll bring the heat to the cold wilderness. My buddy is living in Australia for now and he said he saw an interview wif DAT DUDE Mike Ellis and DAT DUDE said he and Cody are headed to STL in two weeks. So maybe shite's finally happening. And f#$% yeah I know the continents. That's like one of the easiest things to know. Duh.

don't toy with my emotions jimbo! is this true?

Is that for real?

Yes this is for real. I got pretty pumped about it. Said he was watching an NBL game and that interview came on. Don't know any more than that. Said they'd both be in STL in two weeks.

Jimbo, I haven't been this excited since your engagement to Teresa Lisch was announced.... oops sorry 'bout that. For real? Where's the Billybilliken guy from down under, he'd know what the scoop is. Crocodile Cody is on the way put the shrimp on the barby and break out a Fosters... a tall one.

Jimbo, I haven't been this excited since your engagement to Teresa Lisch was announced.... oops sorry 'bout that. For real? Where's the Billybilliken guy from down under, he'd know what the scoop is. Crocodile Cody is on the way put the shrimp on the barby and break out a Fosters... a tall one.

the question is are they coming up to enroll him or are they coming up to talk to the NCAA?

the question is are they coming up to enroll him or are they coming up to talk to the NCAA?

That's what I was wondering too... Either way though, at least he'll be in the States. We can hope that some gears are finally turning with getting him on the court.

First off, I want to clarify that I got this second hand info (at best) at the game tonight. But the guy I was talking to said he heard from a big booster yesterday that Ellis had been cleared. He said he also heard Claiborne mention it on his radio show. The earliest he can see action is the official end of the 1st semester which is once all finals are completed. I guess that means mid to late December. Sounds promising.

Bump.

Come on guys. Sounds like there was a leak of good news but nothing more. Not sure what Bob Ramsey may have said. Recap anyone??

All this can't just be wishful thinking or false rumor, right?? No one knows anything??

This is what the release from Athletic Dept. said yesterday...

THE WAITING GAME: SLU is still waiting for the NCAA to clear 6-foot-8 forward Cody Ellis (Perth, Australia/A.I.S.) for participation. Ellis was ranked the No. 1 power forward and the No. 3 player overall in the 2009 class in Australia. He helped the Emus to an undefeated pool play record at the FIBA World Championships and ended the U-19 tournament as the Aussies' second-leading scorer with 101 points. He ranked third on the team in rebounding with 51.

This is what the release from Athletic Dept. said yesterday...

THE WAITING GAME: SLU is still waiting for the NCAA to clear 6-foot-8 forward Cody Ellis (Perth, Australia/A.I.S.) for participation. Ellis was ranked the No. 1 power forward and the No. 3 player overall in the 2009 class in Australia. He helped the Emus to an undefeated pool play record at the FIBA World Championships and ended the U-19 tournament as the Aussies' second-leading scorer with 101 points. He ranked third on the team in rebounding with 51.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but have we had "releases" like this from the department before regarding the Ellis situation? I'd take this to be a positive sign that they are addressing it "officially"