Billikens Basketball in October?

DeSmetBilliken

If you look at the front page of this site and check the news section, according to the Times Record of Fort Smith, Arkansas, we are going to host Arkansas-Fort-Smith in an exhibition game on October 30.

UAFS To Face Saint Louis In Exhibition

I think we've had an exhibition game or 2 on November 1, but October 30? The season seems to start earlier every year.

I thought it was mentioned in articles about the schedule that there was a possibility of adding another exhibition game. Assuming this news in correct, I guess this is that extra exhibition game.

Does anyone know when practices start?

Apparently Arkansas-Fort Smith was something of a longtime Juco powerhouse, but they have recently started taking steps to become a full-fledged member of NCAA Division 2, as they have been granted provisional status for this season. They're also playing UMASS, Nebraska, and Valparaiso this season.

They have football and the town itself is much improved over what it used to be; the campus is edge of town rural I would be more comfortable there

than SEMO, UM-Rolla (whatever), or Mo State if I was going to a state school not the biggest in the state. Speaking of which Boise State is like a boom town for the NW USA we went quail hunting in Vale, Oregon and flew in and out of Boise very scenic; quail hard to hit with sage brush and clouds almost the same color as the birds.

If you look at the front page of this site and check the news section, according to the Times Record of Fort Smith, Arkansas, we are going to host Arkansas-Fort-Smith in an exhibition game on October 30.

I think we've had an exhibition game or 2 on November 1, but October 30? The season seems to start earlier every year.

I thought it was mentioned in articles about the schedule that there was a possibility of adding another exhibition game. Assuming this news in correct, I guess this is that extra exhibition game.

I think its just the 1 exhibition game. Although everyone seems to enjoy complaining about the D2 game against Rockhurt, it should be pointed out that by not having a 2nd exhibition game they have effectively just moved the 2nd exhibition game to later in the season...

I think its just the 1 exhibition game. Although everyone seems to enjoy complaining about the D2 game against Rockhurt, it should be pointed out that by not having a 2nd exhibition game they have effectively just moved the 2nd exhibition game to later in the season...

:blink: People shouldn't respond to this. It's just someone fishing for a fight.

Remember that we also play St. Ambrose from Iowa

Remember that we also play St. Ambrose from Iowa

Good point and I stand corrected. I guess it means we get 20 games this year instead of the 18 we had last season. With the season ticket money already being sent in and the same as last year it feels like a buy 18, get two free deal. :blink:

Has anyone heard anything about a midnight madness....

None of the players have heard of anything, Coach Majerus is not a fan of this type of thing (and thats an understatement) BUT...

The event list I saw for The Fetz concession stands has an Oct. 16th-17th date for a 'Midnight Madness' event... any news? Is there anything else that could be called midnight madness?

So why isn't this on the schedule on the official site?

Game is the 2nd half of a double header with the Volleyball team

-

Sept. 23, 2009

The Saint Louis University department of athletics announced that the men's basketball team has added an exhibition game against the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith Friday, Oct. 30, to the 2009-10 schedule. The contest will be part of a doubleheader with the nationally ranked Billiken volleyball team at Chaifetz Arena.

Ticket prices for the doubleheader are $10 for adults and $5 for children under 18. SLU students with a valid University ID will be admitted free of charge. All current Billiken basketball season ticket holders will receive a free ticket to the doubleheader as part of their season ticket package.

To begin the evening, the volleyball squad will host Fordham at 6 p.m. in an Atlantic 10 Conference match played in Chaifetz Arena. All seats for the volleyball match are general admission. Fans who purchase a ticket to the volleyball match may stay for the men's basketball game. The basketball contest will begin at 8 p.m., or 30 minutes after the conclusion of the volleyball match.

The Billiken basketball team will play St. Ambrose Friday, Nov. 7, in the final exhibition game before the regular-season opener Friday, Nov. 14, against Southeast Missouri State. Fans can purchase season tickets by calling (314) 977-4SLU or online at www.slubillikens.com. Season tickets start as low as $180 per seat.